Where are you selling / buying gear?

• Thread starter Thread starter Nigel
  • Start date Start date
N
Nigel
Got a lot to move and looking for good markets. Even considering TGP. Reverb is great, thinking of eBay since the fees on guitars are low.

Where else have you had success when wanting to move gear?

Depending on your area, FB Marketplace can be good - minus the typical low ballers or those that ask "Is it available?" and then never answer. :codeak:

Sometimes it's easier to take it to GC!

Had the best results with Reverb, TGP and Facebook Buy/Sell Guitar Groups. If it's priced reasonably it'll move.

FB Marketplace and Reverb have both been good. I try to keep larger items to marketplace.

Thinking TGP is probably the biggest forum market. Anyone use Sweetwater classifieds?

I've bought on Offerup, craigslist, FB marketplace, reverb, and ebay. Sold on reverb and Craigslist. So far my favorite is probably Craigslist, sellers seem more responsive there. Offerup always seems like it's a toss-up whether I'll get a response or be talking into the void. Plus their interface is a pain.

For high end stuff, sometimes consignment at a highly visable dealer can work. You won't maxxxprofit obviously but, the instruments will be put in front of more keen buyers.

Where you recon I should list all these guitars and amps? Got a lot of Framus, Dean and Warriors…not sure where Warrior buyers and players hang. Really too much stuff for our little oasis in this far sector of the guitar realm.

I ike GC used a lot and ebay/reverb for the Japanese guitar purchase access. Craigslist only 100 percent for sales. And great fortune with it. The secret is you offer a 10 percent discount for TGP members in the ad then don't deal with anyone claiming the discount.

Haven't bought any gear in years. I sold most of my stuff to GC and the occasional pedal on here.

Sweet water gear exchange paid for my discounted PLEX and discounted red back Soldano

Your results may vary (especially if your personality sucks)

/stoked

Buying from pretty much anywhere really, depends on what I'm after and how prices are. I tend to see more on FB Marketplace for local listings, definitely area-dependent. Selling usually just CL, but may open up to FB Marketplace, or here 😁

I’ve had decent results selling on Reverb. Sold my Mark V on ebay. I buy mainly from GC used or a local store I really like with a good used selection. I’ve sold there as well on consignment. I’m open to buying in almost any format where it’s something I really want at a good price. I’ve bought some things off Reverb where a store offered such a good deal on B stock, when I put the same item from elsewhere on my watch list. I refuse to do Facebook so marketplace is a no go for me.
I’ve never had any luck selling here…and people are asking some pretty interesting prices for their gear 😂

For smaller stuff, Reverb. For larger items like amps and cabs, I try to sell on Facebook Marketplace and/or Craigslist.

i have visited a couple of mom & pop shops that have survived the test of time. Have found some great deals.

Facebook Market and Craigslist.

I don't ship anything.

Other than the people Steve King trusted I don't buy anything that isn't local.

Back