Which Amp Should I Sell? Opinions Wanted!

• Thread starter Thread starter hellzington
  • Start date Start date
Oh and I came to the decision that I just can't sell the Mark III++. It's such a great amp and so fun to play. I really just like it; plain and simple.
I was one of the few believed you really love playing the mark iii which is why I didn’t state to sell it. I could tell your playing style also matches the voicing the amp creates which really compliments your playing. The blue stripe is really the peak of the mark era. The green stripe after it was tuned to tone things down.

I was one of the few believed you really love playing the mark iii which is why I didn’t state to sell it. I could tell your playing style also matches the voicing the amp creates which really compliments your playing. The blue stripe is really the peak of the mark era. The green stripe after it was tuned to tone things down.
Yeah there’s just something about this one. It’s greasy and gainy and compressed and fun. Four channels, all easily accessible too. It’s an amp that can really do anything.

Yeah there’s just something about this one. It’s greasy and gainy and compressed and fun. Four channels, all easily accessible too. It’s an amp that can really do anything.
I’m glad you were able to move the Bogner. I love my XTC and also would have sold that one. To my ears it just didn’t have the goods to warrant keeping around.

I also suggest selling the SLP as it doesn’t match anything else in your collection and doesn’t seem to bring to the table anything that can’t be done by the others UNLESS you’re using it as a reference amp to neutralize your ears.

I can’t afford any of it right now but I did enjoy your rant on guitar gear videos. Pretty spot on.

This was actually my exact analysis.

I was surprised by how bad the Bogner sounded. It sounds great in the room. Maybe it didn't translate to video/YouTube.
Agree as well, the Deliverance was the worst. Didn't hate the Bogner but it doesn't sound as good as the Mark or VH4 here. Same thing happens with my 101b though. It sounds absolutely killer in the room - the thing that's special about them is how they FEEL when you play them; it always sounds weak compared to my other amps when recorded.

Back