Which of these Jacksons do you like better?

• Thread starter Thread starter Tonelover
  • Start date Start date
Tonelover
Tonelover
Yes, I've been on a Jackson kick lately. Bad timing due to pricing but what can you do? A dealer has a couple Custom Shops on order and I can reserve one if I want. If these two color schemes are what you were considering, which might you go with? Or would you not at all? Personally I'm leaning towards white. The black wouldn't have brass knobs, it's a different one I found online and just pictured for reference. I'm sure either would be a sharp guitar.

Untitled-2.jpgUntitled-3.jpg

They're also going to have pink/white and white/pink but those choices are not tempting to me.

Black w/white dots. The other looks like something from a Tom Petty video.

Personally, I'd like to see Jackson dump the pointed headstock, permanently. Use the Fender style headstock and reduce the size of the "Jackson" logo. I would have bought an Adrian Smith model when it came out, if it weren't for that visually challenged sized logo. WTF are these people thinking? And what's with the Phil Collen signature guitar? Do Phil Collen fans actually exist?

Last edited:
Black w/white dots. The other looks like something from a Tom Petty video.

Personally, I'd like to see Jackson dump the pointed headstock, permanently. Use the Fender style headstock and reduce the size of the "Jackson" logo. I would have bought an Adrian Smith model when it came out, if it weren't for that visually challenged sized logo. WTF are these people thinking? And what's with the Phil Collen signature guitar? Do Phil Collen fans actually exist?
Then you'd probably be even less enthused to hear that not only do they have the pointed headstock but it's reversed too.

Yes, I've been on a Jackson kick lately. Bad timing due to pricing but what can you do? A dealer has a couple Custom Shops on order and I can reserve one if I want. If these two color schemes are what you were considering, which might you go with? Or would you not at all? Personally I'm leaning towards white. The black wouldn't have brass knobs, it's a different one I found online and just pictured for reference. I'm sure either would be a sharp guitar.

View attachment 102906View attachment 102909

What color is the headstock on the white one?

If I really wanted a polka dot guitar, I’d go for the white. But i have so many black amps and guitars already.

The pattern is different. The white is what they have on order, here's the last one they sold. The black one was a Music Zoo run from a year or two ago. I'd prefer the larger dots.

The white is really what caught my eye but black seems to flow a little better as the pickups and hardware don't stand out and the headstock would be more matched as well. I really can't make up my mind. Such third world problems.

I really shouldn't be so hell bent on either but recently got another CS Soloist (my first) and looks aside, it is a very nice guitar so I'm hooked.

1.jpg2.jpg

Last edited:

Back