Who makes custom Explorer style guitars???

AmpliFIRE

I'm thinking about having something like this built with minor modifications (ebony board, floyd instead of a kahler, and Gibson 50's style neck profile)

collen2.gif

I remember trying one of those at Brians Guitars in New Haven, now Sam Ash. Those go for good bucks now I think.

Does it have to have the Ibby headstock? Every Ibby cloner out there is a freaking flake and do not trust any of them.

Digital Jams":20vydjeo said:
I remember trying one of those at Brians Guitars in New Haven, now Sam Ash. Those go for good bucks now I think.

Does it have to have the Ibby headstock? Every Ibby cloner out there is a freaking flake and do not trust any of them.

I've been lusting after one of these since their Photograph video...LOL. It doesn't have to have the exact Ibby headstock...but something close if possible. i just e-mailed RS Guitarworks to see what their thoughts are on this. They build some great axes IMO...

i would most likely try GMW or Gutierrez.

i want the same thing! nice Explorer with a recessed floyd.

i e-mailed Gibson, so maybe if others do too, it would help? they make every other kind of retarded guitar, seems they could put a floyd on one?

Capulin Overdrive":2qntutzf said:

i e-mailed Gibson, so maybe if others do too, it would help? they make every other kind of retarded guitar, seems they could put a floyd on one?

Ugh, forget ordering a special guitar from Gibson. They would probably make a one off for around a minimum $5k or so...

Didnt Gibson have some limited issue explorer that was black and a Kahler? Maybe that would be a good start if they are not going for too much.

AmpliFIRE":2bplo2vz said:
Capulin Overdrive":2bplo2vz said:

Ugh, forget ordering a special guitar from Gibson. They would probably make a one off for around a minimum $5k or so...

yea, screw the 5k! i was just trying to get them to do a production run.

like Digi mentioned Gibson does have one out with a Kahler on it. pretty sure Wildwood still has a couple, and thier prices are good.

steve_k":1gyedvr2 said:
ESP.....

http://www.espguitars.com and go to the custom shop link. fill your form out, price it and send it to a dealer.

Steve
ESP won't do explorer shapes for the USA, they have another shape that's similar and more pointy but I don't like it. If you wanted a mx250 with some custom changes you would have to go thru a Japanese dealer and have them send in the custom quote and then order it thru them.

I like how the poster refers to Def Leppard as "Heavy Metal" :LOL: :LOL: Boy how times have changed. Now they would practically be considered rock to lighter rock. Heavy Metal is more defined by C tuning and grunt vocals these days.

steve_k":2f28fg0d said:
ESP.....

http://www.espguitars.com and go to the custom shop link. fill your form out, price it and send it to a dealer.

Steve

I don't think he wants to spend $5000 and wait 2 years though. ESP Custom prices are retarded IMO.

If I wanted a custom Explorer I'd probably go with that RRR guy that 4nkam got his from. They look amazing and his prices are reasonable.

I would say Gutierrez, but I know he is not taking custom orders ATM, unless that has changed! He'll do whatever you want for a decent price! Also never heard a bad thing about the work either! If I ever get all my shit taken care of, I am definitely going to custom order one!

zao":1wcf3r9v said:
steve_k":1wcf3r9v said:
ESP.....

Steve
ESP won't do explorer shapes for the USA, they have another shape that's similar and more pointy but I don't like it. If you wanted a mx250 with some custom changes you would have to go thru a Japanese dealer and have them send in the custom quote and then order it thru them.

Not 5K. ESP Standard (not LTD) production models........both well under 2K.

Attachments

• FX_PBS.jpg
    FX_PBS.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 3,183
  • EX_BLK.jpg
    EX_BLK.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 3,117
mrp5150":3t7gjzun said:
Those aren't anything like what he wants though. :confused:

10-4 :thumbsup:

I'm outta here! Thought he was just looking for Explorer body styles. Just so happened I was too and had been doing some searching. Don't want a Gibson (hate the pickguard). Very happy with the ESP's...

Peace,
Steve

i'm thinking about one of these pointy bastards?

i've got one of thier fixed bridge mahogany ones, and it's got some pretty crap wood in it.

think this FR model has a maple neck, so hopefully it would sound better?

Attachments

• 580550.jpg
    580550.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 3,160
Back