Who played the Vigier Shawn Lane model?

• Thread starter Thread starter Gainfreak
  • Start date Start date
Gainfreak
Gainfreak
Carl,

The guitar asylum is the only store that I know of on long island that has a SL model in stock. You could probably check it out there and buy it somewhere else cheaper! (or have Ronnie hook you up!)

The Excalibur I got from Bob looks pretty much like the Shawn Lane model only with a maple board and a Floyd. Really nice guitar, one just sold on Ebay (the Shawn Lane model) for about 2 grand.

I played it at the Diezel booth and man that is the most flat board I have ever played, at first I was having issues making chords because of that but damn you can fly on that board.

I dig the no truss rod construction myself, spring is coming and I can already tell that my guitars are moving.

:|::QBB:
carlygtr56":e57ce said:

I hate that store!! if the got one in the close store, it might be worth a look.

Ronni's is a 10 year old endorcement she had. They GAVE her those two Vigiers. Don't know if she could do anything as to getting a break these days.

Yeah I figured that you might hate the store. Hell, I'm friends with the guys and I'm teatering on hating the store these days :D

That said, the guitar is probably at the east bumfuck store that takes forever to get to. The close store has little to nothing in it these days.

I played one the other day at Josh Sage's place (Rebel Amps). Pretty sweet. He may be selling his as he was talking about having some kind of custom one built.

carlygtr56":985ce said:

Everything is overpriced. They have no stock.
It's an "order thru us" store!! I can order shit without their help :lol:

I miss the two Focus's and when Sam ASS was a real music store.

Same here. Focus II was an amazing store before they got greedy and so was ash. Gary(one of the owners of the asylum) Worked at Focus II and I really thought that he was going to step up and make his place exactly like the old focus. Somewhere along the line he and his partner got disenchanted with the whole music store thing. They were headed in the right direction at one point and Im not sure WTF happened.

I have one and love it till death.Best gtr I've ever played

Vigiers are beautiful guitars, but man the action on those things is freakin' hammered to the board. Not my first choice if you are a heavy handed player (like myself).

I do indeed. Amazingly fast guitar. Feels nothing like the Excalibur because of the flat radius/short scale. Has the best clean sound I ever heard from buckers. The output of the pick-ups is on the weak side for burn stuff. But it works well with pedals...
http://www.eddegenaro.com/audio/ford.mp3
Vigier SL-Fulltome Dist pro-Flexi-V30

Tone Merchants in Ornage carry the line and prolly have one in stock.

Side note...the picture in my Avatar with the white T-shirt is the SL.

degenaro":c40c1 said:
I do indeed. Amazingly fast guitar. Feels nothing like the Excalibur because of the flat radius/short scale. Has the best clean sound I ever heard from buckers. The output of the pick-ups is on the weak side for burn stuff. But it works well with pedals...
http://www.eddegenaro.com/audio/ford.mp3
Vigier SL-Fulltome Dist pro-Flexi-V30

Side note...the picture in my Avatar with the white T-shirt is the SL.

the fastest playing neck i've ever layed hands on...wide, thin, baby hair action, lightweight...made for gun slinging.

but it's kinda the antithesis of a scalloped neck. not the best choice for super wide finger vibrato, but for super stretch legato scales ala lane and holdsworth, and flat out butterfly touch/speed, look no further.

i was concerned about the tone factor originally, with foreign pickups and a body that doesn't exude a toneful look about it, but the way eddie d. had his sounding in his flexi rig, it was very rich and bluesy and did that clean to dirty gtr volume trick so well. then he hit it with a pedal and it was sprint city.

carlygtr56":9c4a1 said:

Nice Ed. Great tone!! You did this RF tune excellent.
I need to find one of these guitars I think! :D
Plus the one thing you gonna dig i that when you bend you won't fret out. I can actually bend the g on the 17th fret up to the d without a problem other then breaking the string.

I played one at NAMM a few years ago and loved it. You can rip on those things. I just saw a mint used one go for ~ $1800 on the Bay a few weeks ago. I would definitely like to own one at some point...

Steve

Megadeth7684":15294 said:
The Excalibur I got from Bob looks pretty much like the Shawn Lane model only with a maple board and a Floyd. Really nice guitar, one just sold on Ebay (the Shawn Lane model) for about 2 grand.

Trust me, your Vigier does not play anything like the SL guitar. They are VERY different instruments...

Steve

http://cgi.ebay.com/VIGIER-SHAWN-LANE-MASTER-GUITAR_W0QQitemZ120088405141QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$2126 shipped

Gainfreak":ce51c said:

Same here. Focus II was an amazing store before they got greedy and so was ash. Gary(one of the owners of the asylum) Worked at Focus II and I really thought that he was going to step up and make his place exactly like the old focus. Somewhere along the line he and his partner got disenchanted with the whole music store thing. They were headed in the right direction at one point and Im not sure WTF happened.

I used to order stuff from a guy named Charlie at Focus way back when. Used to get me great deals. Never did get to visit one of the stores.

degenaro":2d13e said:

I've been to Tone Merchants many times recently and honestly, I've never seen an SL Vigier in there. I'm sure they've had them at some point, but for sure they haven't had one for awhile. Of course, they can get one if you wanna order it...

Steve

Megadeth7684":a86b0 said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/VIGIER-SHAWN-LANE-MASTER-GUITAR_W0QQitemZ120088405141QQcategoryZ2384QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$2126 shipped

Wow... It got boosted a couple hundred right near the end of the auction... It was $1800 on the last day (last time I checked)...

Steve

tak":15262 said:

I used to order stuff from a guy named Charlie at Focus way back when. Used to get me great deals. Never did get to visit one of the stores.

that would be either the owner Charlie leVarco Or Charlie Proppa! If you got a great Deal, methinks it would be Charlie Proppa who you dealt with!!

Back