Wizard Wednesdays - Pics and Clips

TheGreatGreen
TheGreatGreen
Hot damn these amps are great. I picked up this MCII MkII earlier this year and I play it as much as I can. Thought I'd throw a clip together real quick for you guys.

c6WNLOx.png

If you've got any other pics or clips of any Wizards you dig, feel free to throw them in here.

Wow, my MC I doesn't have anywhere near that amount of gain or compression.

In addition to having the Pull-Boost knob pulled, I did have some boost in front as well. Nothing crazy, just a Boss GE-7 with maybe 10 db of boost and a very slight bump on the top few sliders. These amps handle boosts exceptionally well I think.

Oh and the Treble-Shift is pulled which shifts/scoops the mids just a bit. I think that's where some of the aggression comes from too.

Last edited:
Sounds great! Your clip captures well the crisp quality Wizard's get. You'll probably crickets here from the Wizard naysayers that haven't actually tried one lol

The MCII is routed to a Suhr RL and then a blend of four IR's:

Mesa 4x12 - SM57 mic
Mesa 4x12 - AT4047 mic
Zilla Creamback 2x12 - SM57 mic
Zilla Creamback 2x12 - M160 mic

The Zilla cabs are mixed a few db lower than the Mesa cabs.
I'd like to hear it through a real 4x12 with a 57 on it plus a condenser mic for the room. Blend those two signals. I been doing that for an album. Warm WA84 for the room mic. Gotta play with it a little but it makes a nice blend coming off the Twin.

I'd like to hear it through a real 4x12 with a 57 on it plus a condenser mic for the room. Blend those two signals. I been doing that for an album. Warm WA84 for the room mic. Gotta play with it a little but it makes a nice blend coming off the Twin.

Yeah I agree I bet it would sound killer. I have the Mesa 4x12, but I don't have a Creamback cab, AT4047, or M160 to really duplicate the IR's though. Also I'm not sure I'd be able to record loud enough to get it to sound right.

However, I'm honestly good with the sounds I'm getting now tbh. For my ears, I've never been happier with my tone and the vast majority of what I do is for recording anyway so there's no pressing need to get and setup real cabs and mics at the moment.

Maybe someday though!

Last edited:

Back