WTB: Naylor Dual 100, 60 Super or Friedman Naked Head

• Thread starter Thread starter thedimwitt
  • Start date Start date
You need to try it with a naylor cabinet 4x12 to get the full effect of that amp. I used mine with lots of different cabs since 98 but the matching cabinet is the deal

I'd love to find some vintage 20w GBs; or the vintage blues...but I'd have to get pretty lucky to find them for a reasonable cost. I'll have to fire up the D123/GB cab though when I do get another Naylor. Some amps just sound good to great with any speaker...the fact that the SD60 sounded killer with M70s tells me the Naylor is in that category.
Yeah those are very pricy and hard to find. The old blues to me are like the Klon of speakers. I really wanna get some vintage 20’s too, but for now even the current heritage 20 GB’s are some of my favorite speakers I’ve got. Those and the gold’s are the only non-vintage ones that I really like. The D123/GB I’m guessing will sound very good with it too, but imo the orange D120F was the real sweet spot with JBL’s. Something about the mids I think they got right on it and the punchiest of the JBL’s. The chugs on those speakers is imo pretty special, especially with the c+. I can see why others like V30’s with Naylor’s, but when I went back to my Kerry Wright with the D120F’s (or also crossing them with 20 GB’s) it was no contest, but maybe not fair to compare V30’s to vintage holy grail speakers. I do agree that the Naylor sounded great with anything I’ve tried, but just can be more great with others haha. I’ve not tried M70’s before, but sounds like I don’t need to

Last edited:
Thanks. A new one is $2874. So the price still seems high. I'll be in Texas this fall, so I may have to go to the shop and buy one direct from the factory.

Thanks! It’s in Valašské Klobouky, Czechia. Too far away, if something goes wrong. I appreciate the heads up!
Thanks

I seriously doubt you will find one for less than 2500
I hope I can find one for $2500. Otherwise I’m going to have to pay $3200+ for a new one.
Anyone ever compare the Naylor to a Friedman Naked?

I hope I can find one for $2500. Otherwise I’m going to have to pay $3200+ for a new one.
Anyone ever compare the Naylor to a Friedman Naked?
Haven’t gotten to compare next to each other, but have played both and own a SuperDrive 60. IMO the Naylor is a far superior sounding amp, no contest

Haven’t gotten to compare next to each other, but have played both and own a SuperDrive 60. IMO the Naylor is a far superior sounding amp, no contest
Thanks! About a month ago, Big hairy guitars had a YouTube video demoing the Naked. Two versions and both sounded better then any Naylor video I can find. Have you Seen it?

Thanks! About a month ago, Big hairy guitars had a YouTube video demoing the Naked. Two versions and both sounded better then any Naylor video I can find. Have you Seen it?
Don’t judge the Naylor by YouTube vids. I’ve also seen them and they’re not great. In person it positively kills. Amazing amp.

Last edited:
Don’t judge the Naylor by YouTube vids. I’ve also seen them and they not great. In person it positively kills. Amazing amp.
Agreed. That guy’s video doesn’t really show the more heavy, aggressive tones the Naylor is capable of and he’s not using the same models mentioned in this thread anyway (Duel or SuperDrive). His is the 38 watt 112 combo electraverb with no presence knob

He also often uses IR’s for his clips instead of real cabs and mics, but for the Naked clip at least it said he was using a 412 and mics

I appreciate you guys responding!!!! I never played one. So I trying to see what I can find online. At the moment my favorite amp is a Bogner 101B, especially the blue channel. How would a Naylor compare?
Thanks

The Naylor is dark like a Bogner, but not smooth and polished. It’s much more raw and aggressive.
This vid is a pretty decent representation of one plugged straight in.

Here’s one boosted.

I appreciate you guys responding!!!! I never played one. So I trying to see what I can find online. At the moment my favorite amp is a Bogner 101B, especially the blue channel. How would a Naylor compare?
Thanks
The Naylor will be a lot more raw, organic, open, tighter, more aggressive, more responsive, more like a vintage amp tonally like a good vintage Marshall, also more articulate and nuanced imo. The 101B is more smooth, polite, tame, has that Bogner chewiness, easier to play feeling imo than Naylor. I don’t like the XTC’s much honestly though, so maybe our tastes could be different. I prefer a more raw, aggressive sound

Last edited:
The Naylor will be a lot more raw, organic, open, tighter, more aggressive, more responsive, more like a vintage amp tonally like a good vintage Marshall, also more articulate and nuanced imo. The 101B is more smooth, polite, tame, has that Bogner chewiness, easier to play feeling imo than Naylor. I don’t like the XTC’s much honestly though, so maybe our tastes could be different. I prefer a more raw, aggressive sound
The xtc is like you described but it's also very responsive to your pick attack, single notes on the plain strings are warm and doesn't give me that high end or upper mid range instant ear fatigue like many other amp have. But like you said we all have different ears and how our playing style and hands effects the sound. Does the Naylor have that upper mid range ear fatigue like some Marshalls?

The xtc is like you described but it's also very responsive to your pick attack, single notes on the plain strings are warm and doesn't give me that high end or upper mid range instant ear fatigue like many other amp have. But like you said we all have different ears and how our playing style and hands effects the sound. Does the Naylor have that upper mid range ear fatigue like some Marshalls?
No it does not. It’s got a lower mid voicing/grunt than a Marshall. The Naylor is one of the least ear fatiguing amps I’ve played. Even with the presence dimed, you can get it to a perfect spot with the treble knob. You really would have to be trying to make this amp sound bad or harsh.

Not to me. It’s still aggressive and cutting though and sat very well in the mix in my friend’s re-amp. IMO there’s more potential for expressive, nuanced playing on the Naylor, but doesn’t feel as liquid, greasy or easy to play as the XTC’s, but once you get used to imo it really sings well and I feel I can be more expressive with the nuances in how I execute long notes with the bends, vibratos, rakes, things like that. Sounds amazing with my Klon boosting it and also the Coppersound Broadway for a real raunchy blues rock kinda vibe

Back