Yamaha SPX90 and Alesis QuadraVerb 20k

• Thread starter Thread starter Bronxgroove
  • Start date Start date
Bronxgroove
Bronxgroove
Hello fellow gear heads,

I finally started getting into Rack effects, yes I'm from the 80's lol Fun stuff. I have a DSL40 changed the speaker to a V30 sounds awesome. I use Boss OD, EQ and NS in the front of the amp. My question is how do I use these racks together with that amp? FX? I'm also going to get a Midi controller and Rocktron Hush. How do I connect all these together? Any info would be appreciated Thanks

Hey there.

Welcome!

Yes, I'd recommend using the FX loop of your Marshall for the rack effects in question. I'd also recommend getting something like a RJM Mini Amp Gizmo or Voodoo Control Switcher so that, with your midi controller, you can do full on patch changes including switching channels on your amp. Maybe get a Boss ES-5 or ES-8 to handle everything... amp switching, program changes, and stompbox switching.

I used a Quadraverb for several years, and still think it has some of the best reverb and delay tones out there, but I moved on to a Helix which is much more practical. When I finally get a studio set up, the Quadraverb will sit in the rack and probably get used a LOT.

Hey there.

Welcome!

Yes, I'd recommend using the FX loop of your Marshall for the rack effects in question. I'd also recommend getting something like a RJM Mini Amp Gizmo or Voodoo Control Switcher so that, with your midi controller, you can do full on patch changes including switching channels on your amp. Maybe get a Boss ES-5 or ES-8 to handle everything... amp switching, program changes, and stompbox switching.

I used a Quadraverb for several years, and still think it has some of the best reverb and delay tones out there, but I moved on to a Helix which is much more practical. When I finally get a studio set up, the Quadraverb will sit in the rack and probably get used a LOT.
Thank you!

I will look into the RJM and Voodoo. Yeah I was looking at the Boss and Custom Audio too. Thanks for the info. The Helix is an awesome unit I'll probably add that rack one day.

Back