Your favorite TS-type boost for metal?

• Thread starter Thread starter Rex Rocker
  • Start date Start date
fusedbrain":126m51fv said:
Savage Drive :rock:

Where does one get one? I see they have a store on Reverb, and they're in Canada. They selling for $149, and used ones in the States are higher? I may just order one. There's no duties from Canada, is there?

232cap":afffh7wz said:
Cusack screamer.

I Think the Cusack Screamer V.2 & The Mk 4.1.3x2+17-22 + 16=69 Will end up being 2 of the pedals that i stick with.

napalmdeath":3cvsvtf3 said:
fusedbrain":3cvsvtf3 said:

Where does one get one? I see they have a store on Reverb, and they're in Canada. They selling for $149, and used ones in the States are higher? I may just order one. There's no duties from Canada, is there?
I bought mine right off their website.
https://www.airiseffects.com/

Yes they are in Canada (so am I ).

And NO, there should not be any duty, as the pedals ARE made in Canada.

Mesa Flux Drive for me, w/o the 5 band eq. BB Preamp is also a good one

fusedbrain":2xuy9b8k said:
napalmdeath":2xuy9b8k said:
fusedbrain":2xuy9b8k said:

I'm not in Canada. Do I pay import fees/duties?

The Grid Slammer also looks interesting. How does it compare to the Maxon or the Ibanez?

I have five TS style pedals and have owned maybe 8, the one with the most balls and grind is probably the Keeley SD-1, the quietest probably KHDK Ghoul Screamer...so either one of those for favorite.

napalmdeath":25ch08p8 said:
fusedbrain":25ch08p8 said:
napalmdeath":25ch08p8 said:
fusedbrain":25ch08p8 said:

No duties or customs fees for US buyers. Pedal is shipped Canada Post and delivered by USPS.

Here's one that doesn't seem to get a lot of love, but has been my absolute favorite for the last 6 years: MXR M77, or also referred to as the Badass Modified Overdrive.

Clean boost out front, it works well with every amp I've ever used it on. The mid bump button is really useful to restore some lower mid "punch" frequencies with losing the tightness that an OD imparts. It's also slightly more transparent than a TS style pedal, and has a little more output as well.

one of my other favorites is the MXR MC401 which is a 1 knob clean boost or another sleeper is the Randall "Mor" Pedal.

bodenhamer bloody murder or plain old ts9 ...however the suhr koko is the best boost for me

apophis":2evj1jei said:
bodenhamer bloody murder or plain old ts9 ...however the suhr koko is the best boost for me

I'd love to try the Bloody Murder sometime.

Wizard of Ozz":3ezyt3w7 said:
napalmdeath":3ezyt3w7 said:
fusedbrain":3ezyt3w7 said:
napalmdeath":3ezyt3w7 said:
fusedbrain":3ezyt3w7 said:

No duties or customs fees for US buyers. Pedal is shipped Canada Post and delivered by USPS.

I ordered one yesterday!

Bad.Seed":3hhix7rp said:
Here's one that doesn't seem to get a lot of love, but has been my absolute favorite for the last 6 years: MXR M77, or also referred to as the Badass Modified Overdrive.

Clean boost out front, it works well with every amp I've ever used it on. The mid bump button is really useful to restore some lower mid "punch" frequencies with losing the tightness that an OD imparts. It's also slightly more transparent than a TS style pedal, and has a little more output as well.

I've used a MXR M77 before. It's really good.

232cap":2ddoe9gz said:
Cusack screamer.

Yup. I've had regular Tubescreamers, Keeley modded Tubescreamers, vintage Boss ODs, and the Maxon 808X - the Cusack Screamer is the only OD I still own.

I pretty much like them all, lol. That is why I have about 10 different versions. I like the OD808 for the smoother type, and the SD-1 and M77 for the more aggressive types.

PlxFx Bion Boost and the SD-1 are my favs lately, dig on the 808 tho too.

Interested in the Savage drive based on some of the comments here, especially as I’m always tuned way lower than standard. Might have to pick one up.

Mostly just using ITB stuff in the Kemper lately.

Back