Expanding my personal Les Paul Collection- A few Pics Inside

• Thread starter Thread starter King Guitar
  • Start date Start date
King Guitar
King Guitar
Banned
As you guys know I am a Les Paul guy through and through. I am always looking to add killer Les Pauls to my stash.

Along with the two world class replicas I have coming (will post pics later) I have been buying Monster Top Historic's.

If you have a killer Historic Custom or R9 or R8 for sale please PM Me.

Here is a killer 2001 Gibson R9 Monster reverse chevron flametop (My favorite)

8.2 lbs, clean and Im told sounds amazing. Look forward to getting it this coming week. :rock:

r9.jpg

R91.jpg

She is a beauty. Has a Topaz undertone that drips classic.

Very Nice!! :rock: How about a few more details, pickups?pots-wiring? Nice top for sure!!

Being a Paul guy can you can a description of R8 vs R9? I've been think about picking up a lester but I don't know very much about them at all.

Very nice .... also a Les Paulziach here...

gibson08":7gr1i3vh said:
Very Nice!! :rock: How about a few more details, pickups?pots-wiring? Nice top for sure!!

The pots have been upgraded to RS Guitarworks CTS 500K Superpots for volume and CTS 500K tonepots with 50’s wiring kit. The caps are Sprague Orange Drop .022 600v

Everything else is original on the guitar. I have the original harness with the original pots and small ceramic disc caps that came with the guitar.

The original strap buttons have been changed to Schaller strap locks but I have the original strap buttons and screws.

The serial no. is 9-1387

King Guitar":3jocq3ag said:
gibson08":3jocq3ag said:

The pots have been upgraded to RS Guitarworks CTS 500K Superpots for volume and CTS 500K tonepots with 50’s wiring kit. The caps are Sprague Orange Drop .022 600v

Everything else is original on the guitar. I have the original harness with the original pots and small ceramic disc caps that came with the guitar.

The original strap buttons have been changed to Schaller strap locks but I have the original strap buttons and screws.

The serial no. is 9-1387
Sounds great dude!! Been thinkin about using the RS stuff in my G0, let me know what you think about the taper when you get it, if you think about it. They say it makes a noticeable difference just using their kits. One more time, Nice guitar! :rock:

Now that is flame top! Congrats. Can you tell more about the others you have headed your way?

One word: WOOD.

To clarify: that guitar is made from real nice WOOD.

Congrats, Brad.

hthomas":r5bisyhr said:
Now that is flame top! Congrats. Can you tell more about the others you have headed your way?

Have 2 replicas from a world class builder. I cant say his name here but people wait for years and pay five figures.

Here is one of them.

9 1971

919713.jpg

919714.jpg

9197124.jpg

9197130.jpg

9197122.jpg

9197123.jpg

9197126.jpg

King Guitar":193uff3t said:
hthomas":193uff3t said:

Have 2 replicas from a world class builder. I cant say his name here but people wait for years and pay five figures.

Here is one of them.

9 1971
thats awesome! Love those aged tuners!

very nice brad, i had a 2001 R9 and it sounded great, i played a bunch of them that year and they was pretty good.

King Guitar":3icm0442 said:
hthomas":3icm0442 said:

Here is one of them.

9 1971

919713.jpg

919714.jpg

9197124.jpg

9197130.jpg

9197122.jpg

9197126.jpg

:worship: that looks absolutely amazing , grats on the other NGD as well =) :rock:

lotta win in this thread...

I hear ya 'bout being a Lester fanboi Brad. Oh do I hear ya :yes:

Nicely done,
Mojo :thumbsup:

Excellent guitars! Love love love les pauls and these look simply amazing.

Wicked tops.

I'm a goldtop man myself. I love the beat up 70s Norlins. I don't care what other say, these are the sh-t!

761.jpg

76and71p90.jpg

LPdlxcloseupupperbout-1.jpg

MMmmmm.....
Fine specimens you and Jim have there Brad :inlove: :inlove:

Love washed cherry but If I ever drop major coin again on a LP it will be a nice lemon burst.

Back