OT Removed from "New Posts" - Well Done!

• Thread starter Thread starter Monkey Man
  • Start date Start date
Monkey Man
Monkey Man
Super Moderator
Many members found it frustrating.

I didn't mind, but those who did ought to thank Dan, Steve or Tyler for achieving this feat of tech wizardry.

Last edited:
Who's that, Dan, Tyler?

... or should I not have asked? :confused:

Awesome move Mailman and co.
Now they can rant all they want there and nobody else gets bothered.

Nice. Good to see more guitar content in active topics for sure.

EXCELLENT move, thanks for doing that! That section has always been a-ok with me, but as of late.... 1 or 2 users have almost wrecked this whole forum with their aggressive over-use of it. Well done!>>>

Yeah, it definitely messed up the View Active Topics list.

Nice and neat / coherent now. :thumbsup:

I thought about that, but wanted to make sure that members who hated the previous forum functionality were given the good news / heads-up info. :thumbsup:

Look at it the other way 'round:
If I'd posted this in the OT section, most wouldn't have given a crap 'cause those posting there weren't bothered by it on the whole. :confused:

I never venture there... it's a bad idea to give us 40+ somethings too much time to rant and rave about politics on a guitar forum. Fun to throw a little jab in here or there on the main forum but for it to completely swamp a topic... no thanks.At the end of the day, other strangers don't care about what you think, hell, the politicians you vote for don't even really care about what you think. They are more concerned with telling you what you should think and virtue signalling. Anyway, rock on!

Kapo_Polenton":3qqer2eg said:
I never venture there...
You're a classic example of why I used the Rig Talk subforum as opposed to the OT one, mate.

The "View Active Topics" list is a pleasure to scan now. :rock:

Kapo_Polenton":3qqer2eg said:
... hell, the politicians you vote for don't even really care about what you think. They are more concerned with telling you what you should think and virtue signalling. Anyway, rock on!
Testify, brother. :yes:

Kapo_Polenton":lc2z7gpx said:
I never venture there... it's a bad idea to give us 40+ somethings too much time to rant and rave about politics on a guitar forum. Fun to throw a little jab in here or there on the main forum but for it to completely swamp a topic... no thanks.At the end of the day, other strangers don't care about what you think, hell, the politicians you vote for don't even really care about what you think. They are more concerned with telling you what you should think and virtue signalling. Anyway, rock on!
Nailed it, 100%.

Didn't know this function existed until now. Man Im high tech

Thank you! I was forced to pin and view Rig-Talk only and manually switch to other sections because it was getting out of control. Now I can view everything again without all the bs. I signed up here to view/discuss guitar gear and music in general.

I usually use "view new post". If it can be removed from there also it would be appreciated.

What's the difference between " view new post" and "view active topics" ???

Personally I would have removed OT completely many years ago. That stuff is covered by social media and has billions of people that post similar.

stephen sawall":rbutqtju said:
I usually use "view new post". If it can be removed from there also it would be appreciated.

What's the difference between " view new post" and "view active topics" ???

Personally I would have removed OT completely many years ago. That stuff is covered by social media and has billions of people that post similar.
I agree.

paulyc":ybz861ul said:
stephen sawall":ybz861ul said:
I agree.
You agree? :lol: :LOL: From what I can see, you are just as involved as the other OT clowns. You post there on a daily basis, do you not?

Back