DJ Ashba (Guns N Roses) is it me...

Joeytpg

or this guy sounds a bit pretentious and a little like a douchebag ?

You can watch the whole interview, it's pretty apparent everywhere but if you really wanna see what I mean, go to 13:00 where he starts talking about his Ovation collection. I dunno I may be wrong and I don't like to bash anyone, but this interview rubbed me the wrong way I don't know.

Yeah, Must be you. I listened to the whole thing. He gives props and respect to the people he is talking about. He seems to care about his fans. Not sure what you are seeing. Maybe it's me :LOL: :LOL: Seems like a respectful artist to me. Maybe a little eccentric but nothing more than that.

maybe it's me, then but I felt like he was playing the "cool cat" and saying how OVation didn't wanna make his sig guitar and then the ycame to him and he made them make a whole series and it's the "best selling guitar they have" or something.

I don't know, maybe it's just me :)

Joeytpg":31dt83ro said:
maybe it's me, then but I felt like he was playing the "cool cat" and saying how OVation didn't wanna make his sig guitar and then the ycame to him and he made them make a whole series and it's the "best selling guitar they have" or something.

I don't know, maybe it's just me :)
He did but he was humble about it. They wanted to do a sig at a 2k price point. He didn't want that because his fans wouldn't be able to afford it.

I bought a guitar or 2 Directly from Dj back about 10 years ago.
The more "famous" guitar was this one....
The Skull guitar with the Chains wrapped around it.
Dj Handcarved it himself. George liked it so much he put a pic of it on the Inside of the Lynch/Pilson Cd cover.
He was always super cool and we emailed quite a bit. He had some bad ass Ernie Ball Customs as well.
This was when he was playing in Beautiful Creatures.
But yeah....he was very cool to me all the time and never acted like a douche. :thumbsup:
Pic of that guitar I got from him here.......

I tend to think that folks that create internet threads about how someone comes off like a douchebag, are inherently more douchey than the intended target. Maybe it's just me

Joey, can't say so. Guy's very very LA and all, but I see no douchery in his steez. Just sayin.

I met DJ at the Dean Guitars concert after NAMM Show at The Grove. My friends wife is a big fan. So I texted her, cause she was upfront at the show. He waited to meet her. He seemed like a real nice guy. He was digging Testament and just came out to see the show. He was taking a break from the process of moving to Vegas from LA.

DJ is a good guy, he's making the best of his opportunities. I got to meet and hang with him a few years ago when he was making the whole 6AM record and he was totally down to earth and cool. He does play stadiums so he looks like he plays stadiums, he is what you see and no pretense to him.

i dig him. i love the Sixx AM stuff and saw GNR a few months ago. he can play and can write some great stuff

I watched the whole interview, he seems alright. I've never heard of him so I watched one of his live solo's from the GNR tour, and some addicted to friction(?) solo material. He doesn't appear to be an extremely gifted player. He was ok, but no Bumblefoot or BucketHead. Am I missing something, or is Axl not looking for super shredders anymore?

Mailman1971":xjud0seo said:
Dj Handcarved it himself. George liked it so much he put a pic of it on the Inside of the Lynch/Pilson Cd cover.
He was always super cool and we emailed quite a bit. He had some bad ass Ernie Ball Customs as well.
But yeah....he was very cool to me all the time and never acted like a douche. :thumbsup:

Damn, Dan. Do you still have that one?

OUTLAW1969":3k4ftarq said:
Mailman1971":3k4ftarq said:

Damn, Dan. Do you still have that one?
No....sold it about 6 years ago on Ebay. :(

DJ is a very cool guy. Several years ago when Myspace was the rage...remember that...he critiqued one of my old bands EP. After some out of the blue back and forth emails through myspace. He went so far to get us in touch with several producers...which led to some prelim discussions with James Michael and Beau Hill. All becuase of DJ. Guy could have just as easily told me to piss off.

jack butler":116plru0 said:
I watched the whole interview, he seems alright. I've never heard of him so I watched one of his live solo's from the GNR tour, and some addicted to friction(?) solo material. He doesn't appear to be an extremely gifted player. He was ok, but no Bumblefoot or BucketHead. Am I missing something, or is Axl not looking for super shredders anymore?

The two other guitarists in gnr are monsters. Dj does most of the old slash solos

Isn't this the second or third thread the OP has posted about guys being D-Bags and everyone disagrees with him?

Or is it just me? :LOL: :LOL:

He seems like a nice guy but is def. a poser when it comes to his live performance. He needs to realize that he is not Slash.

Lord knows that I love ya joey but geez bro, you swing from the nuts of John Mayer. Even if DJ was a pretentious douchebag, hes not even in the same league as Mayer lol. I'm not sure if anyone can rival his douchiness...

Back