The Hamer thread

* velcro-fly *

These guitars are out of this World. I watched the Hamer Factory video again tonight and came away with an even bigger appreciation for them....My old Studio ranks right up there with my most foolish sales...My new (to me) korina Vector is insane....

But I start this thread with one of the most stunning and stunningly simple guitars I've ever seen - flame topped korina Jr. :

CamJrPallet.jpg

That's beutiful. I don't believe I've ever seen flamed korina. Speaking of Studios, I seen a '95 with purple flame top in a pawn shop a couple of days ago for $750.

My 2003 Monaco aint going nowhere and did the same as Killertone as Jol and I went through the gold mine for my top :yes: Funny story.....while with Jol some guy just got through setting up a standard and had a 71 Superlead dimed putting it through the paces, that is how a guitar there is signed off :yes:

This is a real neck pocket after almost an hour tweeking the pocket with files,

6a00e54ee874da88330115708d45b6970b-pi

Mass = sustain :thumbsup:

Stevie has played my Hamer, he knows what's up ;)

My love/hate thing with Hamer is the resale... I love it when I'm buying, but hate it when I'm selling. I wouldn't touch one new with a 10 foot pole because of that.

Oh, just want to be sure you guys know my aversion to the way the prices dump on most Hamers has nothing to do with quality - I'd put the ones I've owned against damn near anything quality-wise. Seems like the only Hamer I really would play no matter what the price loss would be is one that has skyrocketed in value... the Californians. I'd LOVE to find a ebony boarded one with boomerangs and a nice quilt or flame top that would be priced reasonably. :)

Absolutely stunning guitars, I agree with stratotone, worth every penny new and then some but they are far beyond the what the average guy like myself can afford. I scored both of mine used in great condition for very reasonable prices. But if I was a wealthier man I'd buy new from them without a doubt, I'd love to help support the kind of old school artistry that those guys put out. Here's a couple pics of my prettiest one. I've also got a similar cherry sunburst studio that is heavier, meatier and sounds like a great lester, just has much better fret access. This one is nice and light and has a killer clear and airy tone. Never mind the crusty pickup covers, apparently SD antiquities with aged covers will keep aging. This one sat in a collector's case for 15 years before I bought it, she gets played regularly now, as she should. Without the crusty covers of course. :D

Attachments

• 3d48_3.JPG
    3d48_3.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 2,388
  • 3e35_3.JPG
    3e35_3.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 2,369
stratotone":509i3zg1 said:
My love/hate thing with Hamer is the resale... I love it when I'm buying, but hate it when I'm selling. I wouldn't touch one new with a 10 foot pole because of that.

TGP had a beautiful Monaco with AAAAA top selling for $1400, I almost bought it. I want to find a black one and make a Sykes out of it :yes:

I don't care how well they're made or how good they sound....they're all ugly as sin to me. The only ones that are 1/2 decent looking are the Standard's and Vector's...and we know where Hamer got those design ideas from :LOL: :LOL:

AmpliFIRE":3615kjl9 said:
I don't care how well they're made or how good they sound....they're all ugly as sin to me. The only ones that are 1/2 decent looking are the Standard's and Vector's...and we know where Hamer got those design ideas from :LOL: :LOL:

So your one of those guys that buys Mustangs with a 6 cylinder engine cause you wanted the look huh? :LOL: :LOL:

Aint no 50 year old ladies sanding Hamers or kids slamming bodies around one after another ;)

Digital Jams":ld6ep3nt said:
AmpliFIRE":ld6ep3nt said:

So your one of those guys that buys Mustangs with a 6 cylinder engine cause you wanted the look huh? :LOL: :LOL:

Aint no 50 year old ladies sanding Hamers or kids slamming bodies around one after another ;)

Nah...I've owned 2 Mustang GT Convertibles ('95 and '99) as well as a '72 Cutlass 442 and an '84 Z28. You can't go wrong with the classic looks of a Les Paul or a Fender Strat... and the aging is icing on the cake to me for neck feel (if it's done right, that is). My Strat was custom built/finished locally and my LP was done by the Gibby CS.

How many guitars does the gibson cs pound out anyways? They dont release those numbers for some odd reason :confused:

10,000 a year? 15,000?

Digital Jams":19cz0rka said:
How many guitars does the gibson cs pound out anyways? They dont release those numbers for some odd reason :confused:

10,000 a year? 15,000?

I'm not sure...but my Bonamassa LP is one of 250

There are probably no more than 25 Monaco Elites with chambered bodies and Ebony boards in Aztec Gold out there. Probably a lot less. And I got to meet all the people that made it. Doesn't get any more custom than that.

I have 5 Les Pauls (4 Customs, 1 Standard) so I am not a Gibson hater, just pointing out the difference between a Hamer custom and Gibson CS.

79' 'Sunburst' .....the best playing guitar I've ever owned.....she had it all. Still can't believe I let er' get away :doh: !!

Back