Politics and other stuff

As much as you want to make this about anything or anyone else, it's only about your inability to adhere to forum rules despite multiple warnings, and the consequences of that. You're just not man enough to own that or accept the responsibility of it, you have to make it everyone else's fault, point fingers, and be the victim. That ain't me cryin'. You can't even construct a retort without making it about political posture, lol.
Fair enough. So, if you were never involved in any of the OT conversations, what made you ultimately decide one day to put on your cape, swarm in and tattle like a little girl? Did you tattle on specific members or just the ones you didn’t agree with?

i don't live in USA and the offtopic forum was one of the most informative places for me on what is really happening there, even the virtual fights show me the actual moment you guys are living there in USA, its really sad the offtopic is no longer a source of reliable stuff for all of us

i don't live in USA and the offtopic forum was one of the most informative places for me on what is really happening there, even the virtual fights show me the actual moment you guys are living there in USA, its really sad the offtopic is no longer a source of reliable stuff for all of us
"Off Topic Central, More reliable than MSM....but it will sting a little"

If you are complaining to the mods, put on your big boy pantie's and let people express their opinion, you can always use the ignore function.

And mods, if people are complaining to you about a specific topic, tell them to use the ignore function, and let the adults talk.

Fair enough. So, if you were never involved in any of the OT conversations, what made you ultimately decide one day to put on your cape, swarm in and tattle like a little girl? Did you tattle on specific members or just the ones you didn’t agree with?

I was involved in several of the OT discussions, I just never participated in the banned topics.

Still fixated on your perceived injustice of whether you were sent to timeout fairly over what you'd been warned was banned subject matter? And sill trying to find fault with anyone except yourself? Good luck with that. This had already been in motion before I even rejoined last year, with politics being banned in the RT forum, then moved to it's own forum, and so on. This is nothing more than a handful of political slacktivists fucking things up for everyone else. Nicolas even said he was getting pressure from the owners to address this.

The site owners don't want politics on here. Their site, their rules. We can talk about almost anything else here. We continue to have all kinds of heated discussions without the mods stepping in and deleting threads. All we had to do was avoid politics. That's it. All we had to do was respect the wishes of the people who provide this forum for us to use. But you're worried about who reported you??? As someone who didn't stand by the terms they agreed to, you're not someone who should be pondering anyone else's laurels.

I was involved in several of the OT discussions, I just never participated in the banned topics.

Still fixated on your perceived injustice of whether you were sent to timeout fairly over what you'd been warned was banned subject matter? And sill trying to find fault with anyone except yourself? Good luck with that. This had already been in motion before I even rejoined last year, with politics being banned in the RT forum, then moved to it's own forum, and so on. This is nothing more than a handful of political slacktivists fucking things up for everyone else. Nicolas even said he was getting pressure from the owners to address this.

The site owners don't want politics on here. Their site, their rules. We can talk about almost anything else here. We continue to have all kinds of heated discussions without the mods stepping in and deleting threads. All we had to do was avoid politics. That's it. All we had to do was respect the wishes of the people who provide this forum for us to use. But you're worried about who reported you??? As someone who didn't stand by the terms they agreed to, you're not someone who should be pondering anyone else's laurels.
You think a lot of yourself, don't you?

If you are complaining to the mods, put on your big boy pantie's and let people express their opinion, you can always use the ignore function.

And mods, if people are complaining to you about a specific topic, tell them to use the ignore function, and let the adults talk.

With the politics stuff it's not about differences of opinion, it's that the people who own this site don't want us discussing politics on here, which is why they've instructed the site admins to ban it. It's why there have been increasingly stringent measures to eliminate it, including removing OT. I'm all for taking everything else with a grain of salt, but if the people who make this site available for our use don't want any politics, it doesn't really seem unreasonable for the people who use this site to respect that.

Dude, I'm having a blast with this. You guys make it soooooo easy. Now I see why the others were having so much fun baiting you in OT. It's great.

Seriously though, if it keeps RT around by making the site owners happy, I don't mind helping take out the trash. I look at it this way: if Nicolas can't quash the political discussions to the satisfaction of the owners, they'll get someone who can, or eventually they'll just shut it down, and nobody wants that. I think most of us would love to have OT back, sans politics. The only guys who really have a problem with it are the ones who either got spanked by the mods or were part of the original problem. I can take the heat just fine.

With the politics stuff it's not about differences of opinion, it's that the people who own this site don't want us discussing politics on here, which is why they've instructed the site admins to ban it. It's why there have been increasingly stringent measures to eliminate it, including removing OT. I'm all for taking everything else with a grain of salt, but if the people who make this site available for our use don't want any politics, it doesn't really seem unreasonable for the people who use this site to respect that.
I would imagine that the people who own this site don't want people discussing politics because of the fighting.

But, if the fighting can be eliminated, then what is harm?

Or do they not want people discussing politics because they can't handle other peoples opinions? Which is shallow and pedantic.

The trouble was from those that chose argument and derogatory remarks over discussion and understanding. Basically, users that cared more about being important and right than humble and wise poisoned the environment with noise and drowned out the signal with nonsense childishness.

I would imagine that the people who own this site don't want people discussing politics because of the fighting.

But, if the fighting can be eliminated, then what is harm?

Or do they not want people discussing politics because they can't handle other peoples opinions? Which is shallow and pedantic.

My guess would be the fighting, which I doubt could be eliminated. I think they'd like to continue growing the site, and the polarizing nature of passionate topics like religion and politics tend to be a turn off to people. They may have different opinions, but that's going to happen unless you have a homogenous site membership. These things tend to boil down to growth and advertising dollars. You can overlook differing opinions pretty easily when the revenue is right.

With the politics stuff it's not about differences of opinion, it's that the people who own this site don't want us discussing politics on here,
you did see they set up a sub forum in OT exclusively for Politics right?? admittedly it didn't last to long mainly because once again so called "grown men" acted like 5 year olds

My guess would be the fighting, which I doubt could be eliminated. I think they'd like to continue growing the site, and the polarizing nature of passionate topics like religion and politics tend to be a turn off to people. They may have different opinions, but that's going to happen unless you have a homogenous site membership. These things tend to boil down to growth and advertising dollars. You can overlook differing opinions pretty easily when the revenue is right.
I disagree, the fighting can be handled very easily.

you did see they set up a sub forum in OT exclusively for Politics right?? admittedly it didn't last to long mainly because once again so called "grown men" acted like 5 year olds

Yeah, I saw that too. I think that was before I rejoined. I don't think it mattered that it was separated. Whether it was about difference of opinions or the inability of some people to discuss things with civility, there were plenty of examples of both. I think that's when the 4th "final warning" message was posted.

Right? Take a look at some threads in the main topics area. The OT would have been just fine if it wasn’t for The Rat and CUntz, the two biggest triggered lefties. Both creepy as well, I see one using his alter moniker as well, must be nice to have such awesome computer skillz as well as BBQ and Keto.

Hmm. Interesting. Baiting......got it
Strange psychology to 'get off' on baiting people, in order to ruffle feathers... and be entertained by it. Somewhat sick and poorly adjusted. However, that was obvious with a few on this forum, when you can't even post simple statistics without causing them to go full-retard.

Back