Politics and other stuff

off topic was the lure of rig talk. now it's just another gear forum.I know it's a gear site and off topics isn't the point of the website, but it was nice to have actual real life topics to discuss with fellow musicians. it's seems like the whole world is going nuts and we can't even talk about it.
Amen to that, brother. :thumbsup:

Im afraid to click on either one of them.
Same here! :LOL:

You forgot about Underboob
Arguably the greatest tragedy of all! :worship::cry:

If OT was full of guys like Monkey Man there would be no issue. He is/was one of the few cool people that frequented OT.
Brought a tear to my eye, brother. I don't know what to say.

Thank you so much for making my day man. I owe you a big beer. :rock::cheers2:

Excuse me young man, I'd like to speak to your manager. I would also like to preemptively speak to the manager of the Mcdonalds I am going to go to post my shitty right wing takes for my buds because I am too stupid to know what a VPN is.

That's the problem with liberals these days, they think they are entitled to free stuff and this VILE mindset leads them to take away the forum I post on for free that I am obviously entitled to.

Let me tell you, this is WORSE than what Amazon did to me when I ordered two Rush Limbaugh DVDs entitled "Rush Hour" and "Rush Hour II" to commemorate Rush Limbaugh when he was CANCELLED by cancer. I expected 60 minutes of PURE OWNING LIBERALS, but I got two LIGHT HEARTED BUDDY COMEDIES FEATURING MINORITY LEADS.

The only thing that angers me more is when Amazon tells me my BIG MOUTH BILLY BASS, which is a talking fish that you put on a wall that owns liberals, is on backorder.

I SEE YOUR HAND IN THIS SOROS, NOTHING WILL KEEP ME FROM MY ANAMATRONIC FISH THAT OWNS LIBERALS.
TL;DNR. If it’s anything like what you usually post it’s just drivel. 👍

If you follow through with this, there will only be about 1/4 of the people left.
Right? Take a look at some threads in the main topics area. The OT would have been just fine if it wasn’t for The Rat and CUntz, the two biggest triggered lefties. Both creepy as well, I see one using his alter moniker as well, must be nice to have such awesome computer skillz as well as BBQ and Keto.

Maybe we can just use the ignore function instead of fighting? My ignore list gets bigger every day.

Then we can talk about whatever we want to.

Maybe we can just use the ignore function instead of fighting? My ignore list gets bigger every day.

Then we can talk about whatever we want to.

It'd be nice if guys would just adhere to the terms they agreed to when they joined the forum. That's what it boils down to. The site owners have mandated no politics or religion. I don't think it can be any clearer than that. It's actually a pretty long story, but the short version is that there were multiple warnings, both public and private, some temporary bans, numerous thread deletions, etc. before resorting to the removal of OT. As much as they might want to make it about something else, it's primarily because a handful of people wouldn't adhere to the ban on politics. There was also a noted uptick in hostility as this was being enforced (hence their inclination to blame others for the consequences of their infractions), which may be the name calling referred to in the original post.

It'd be nice if guys would just adhere to the terms they agreed to when they joined the forum. That's what it boils down to. The site owners have mandated no politics or religion. I don't think it can be any clearer than that. It's actually a pretty long story, but the short version is that there were multiple warnings, both public and private, some temporary bans, numerous thread deletions, etc. before resorting to the removal of OT. As much as they might want to make it about something else, it's primarily because a handful of people wouldn't adhere to the ban on politics. There was also a noted uptick in hostility as this was being enforced (hence their inclination to blame others for the consequences of their infractions), which may be the name calling referred to in the original post.
I understand the moderators actions but not discussing vaccines or covid was not in the terms.

It's a slippery slope, what else can't we talk about?

We are living in a bifurcated society, it's not going away any time soon.

I understand the moderators actions but not discussing vaccines or covid was not in the terms.

It's a slippery slope, what else can't we talk about?

We are living in a bifurcated society, it's not going away any time soon.

I think the vaccine ban was added later, in response to some other threads that started benign and were turned political. Our original agreement to the terms likely provides for the site to implement changes as they see fit. We've all had our fair share of "spirited" discussions about other things; the stuff going on in the political threads was a different animal.

I think there's plenty of other stuff to talk about. The what's cooking thread was great.

Part of the problem with the political discussions is that people weren't amenable to warnings being given by mods, so it became impossible to even have constructive discussions. It's possible to talk intelligently about world affairs without the partisan name calling and personal attacks, but not everyone is equipped for that.

I think the vaccine ban was added later, in response to some other threads that started benign and were turned political. Our original agreement to the terms likely provides for the site to implement changes as they see fit. We've all had our fair share of "spirited" discussions about other things; the stuff going on in the political threads was a different animal.

I think there's plenty of other stuff to talk about. The what's cooking thread was great.

Part of the problem with the political discussions is that people weren't amenable to warnings being given by mods, so it became impossible to even have constructive discussions. It's possible to talk intelligently about world affairs without the partisan name calling and personal attacks, but not everyone is equipped for that.
You were never involved in any of the discussions until one day you decided to be a lefty superhero for Nero. Face it, you like the other lefties don’t like opposition. I see it in the main forum as well, no one can have a different opinion of an amp builder or an artist without people like you crying like a little bitch. Go back to your boy band you wuss.

You were never involved in any of the discussions until one day you decided to be a lefty superhero for Nero. Face it, you like the other lefties don’t like opposition. I see it in the main forum as well, no one can have a different opinion of an amp builder or an artist without people like you crying like a little bitch. Go back to your boy band you wuss.
Shhh... one of these tough guys is going to cry and report you. 🤣

As much as you want to make this about anything or anyone else, it's only about your inability to adhere to forum rules despite multiple warnings, and the consequences of that. You're just not man enough to own that or accept the responsibility of it, you have to make it everyone else's fault, point fingers, and be the victim. That ain't me cryin'. You can't even construct a retort without making it about political posture, lol.

As much as you want to make this about anything or anyone else, it's only about your inability to adhere to forum rules despite multiple warnings, and the consequences of that. You're just not man enough to own that or accept the responsibility of it, you have to make it everyone else's fault, point fingers, and be the victim. That ain't me cryin'. You can't even construct a retort without making it about political posture, lol.
You guys need tp permanently ignore each other.

Back