Politics and other stuff

nero

Administrator
Staff member
This is it. Since some of you cannot behave properly, the off-topic section is now closed.
Anyone posting political stuff or covid-related topics or whatever you can think of to insult each other will be permanently banned from this board.

Again, Rig-Talk is a place about guitar, gear and music in general.

off topic was the lure of rig talk. now it's just another gear forum.I know it's a gear site and off topics isn't the point of the website, but it was nice to have actual real life topics to discuss with fellow musicians. it's seems like the whole world is going nuts and we can't even talk about it.

off topic was the lure of rig talk. now it's just another gear forum.I know it's a gear site and off topics isn't the point of the website, but it was nice to have actual real life topics to discuss with fellow musicians. it's seems like the whole world is going nuts and we can't even talk about it.

No kidding…. We’re getting into the season where I was going to be in peak production for the “what’s cooking” thread.

I used to believe OT was the bane of Rig Talk. But since the changeover I don't even see it so it doesn't/didn't bother me at all except for the rare stalker that would follow others into regular topics. And I would imagine many others here feel similarly.

Which makes me wonder wtf you guys were doing in OT to get it shut down? Most of us here never see it anymore and thus don't bitch about it. Yet you OT guys STILL managed to get it shutdown.

I used to believe OT was the bane of Rig Talk. But since the changeover I don't even see it so it doesn't/didn't bother me at all except for the rare stalker that would follow others into regular topics. And I would imagine many others here feel similarly.

Which makes me wonder wtf you guys were doing in OT to get it shut down? Most of us here never see it anymore and thus don't bitch about it. Yet you OT guys STILL managed to get it shutdown.

It was a handful of guys who brought politics and partisan name calling into everything. Despite multiple warnings, both individually and in the forum itself, they kept doing it like learning-impaired four-year-olds. Some of the same guys who even impart hostility into the gear discussions. 99% of the trash was the same 5-10 guys. They agreed to the forum terms when they joined, but obviously aren't men of their word. They don't think the rules apply to them and won't respect the site admin/owner. It seems like a better solution would be to just ban them permanently and reopen OT, with zero tolerance for further infractions.

Last edited:
It seems like a better solution would be to just ban them permanently and reopen OT, with zero tolerance for further infractions.
I tend to agree but losers like that just rejoin with a new name and now have an even bigger chip on their shoulder. What a pita for mods.

If OT was full of guys like Monkey Man there would be no issue. He is/was one of the few cool people that frequented OT.

They generally don't, but are not difficult to change.

It probably depends on the ISP. Cox communications for example issues the IP based on the hardware address of the modem. There's no way for the customer to change their IP. Even if they get a new modem, they have to call in to get an IP assigned.

It probably depends on the ISP. Cox communications for example issues the IP based on the hardware address of the modem. There's no way for the customer to change their IP. Even if they get a new modem, they have to call in to get an IP assigned.
How about logging into McDonald's internet service... would that show a different IP? Or your local library?

Or the same ID at the same location, right? My point is that you can have three different IDs based on three locations. No idea how a proxy works, as per LockingTuner.

You can key off headers that are specific to their device as well, regardless of where they are.

If they're determined enough, they can find a way. But most people tend to give up as the hurdles get higher.

Excuse me young man, I'd like to speak to your manager. I would also like to preemptively speak to the manager of the Mcdonalds I am going to go to post my shitty right wing takes for my buds because I am too stupid to know what a VPN is.

That's the problem with liberals these days, they think they are entitled to free stuff and this VILE mindset leads them to take away the forum I post on for free that I am obviously entitled to.

Let me tell you, this is WORSE than what Amazon did to me when I ordered two Rush Limbaugh DVDs entitled "Rush Hour" and "Rush Hour II" to commemorate Rush Limbaugh when he was CANCELLED by cancer. I expected 60 minutes of PURE OWNING LIBERALS, but I got two LIGHT HEARTED BUDDY COMEDIES FEATURING MINORITY LEADS.

The only thing that angers me more is when Amazon tells me my BIG MOUTH BILLY BASS, which is a talking fish that you put on a wall that owns liberals, is on backorder.

I SEE YOUR HAND IN THIS SOROS, NOTHING WILL KEEP ME FROM MY ANAMATRONIC FISH THAT OWNS LIBERALS.
And THIS is why the site goes to crap... even when no one is discussing politics (not an actual thoughtful and intelligent comment or conversation, which is different), it goes to crap.

Back