Another Hammett Gibson...Yawn

There must be a whole lot of Metallica fans with money to burn. And they said rock and rollers were losers....sheesh.

Reactions: Geo
"artfully aged to match the original by the Murphy Lab."...

crap.jpg

I dont understand the Gibson signature guitar policy. LP was a signature guitar of Les Paul. Why they putting anoter “signature name” to Gibson Les Paul? The same 1959 LP first Greeny, after that CC1, now KH….

Gourmet Gibson fans wanted really hand crafted Gibson R9 from Kalamazzo made from old air dried original mahogany ( not khaya…), dark AAAA grade rosewood ( I know BRW is illegal now, but you can select dark indian RW) and old building methods ( neck intstsllation to the body, and fretboard installation after that), correct nitro…. Please, made the flagship models like a Martin!

I think this is the first big collector release like this in the past three years that hasn’t immediately sold out at release (or even sold out pre-release). I think Gibson might finally have hit their price ceiling with these. That said, they will all eventually sell.

These are definitely aimed at collectors, not working musicians, and that's ok. Zero interest personally.

Last edited:
I don't think that is that ridiculous to be honest. Rolling Stones VIP tickets were $50,000 a piece. Only $200 made so can at least be a collectible. Nothing really special about it but each one gets this treatment at least.....

Back