Any Chubtone Guitars owners here?

thenine":49kp31nh said:
Scotty":49kp31nh said:
I sent a picture of my electronics placement, the "gainfreak" and he nailed it.

Scotty

means what? Just the placement and single volume?

Placement of Volume, tone, and 5 way blade. If you use it you owe Gainfreak royalties. Curt will place your electronics anyway you want them, wire pups any way you want.

alan67":3izzb8zy said:
Scotty":3izzb8zy said:
I would be Scotty.

Yes I have received my Chubtone guitar several days ago and will be writing a full review with pictures in the next day or two. Background I have known both Steve and Curt for probably 13-14 years from the old HCAF days, met Curt at NAMM 2007 where he tried to set me up for being a fanboy with Steve Vai and for some odd reason Steve and I were at the same Paul Gilbert show at the Viper and never met. Dude looks like the guy from River Monsters so I have no clue how we did not connect. His loss as I am super cool to hang with and had cash for rounds.

Anyways I have learned throughout the years that Curt and Steve were two of the most knowledgeable guys on the forums regarding Charvel and I have bought 3 USA Charvels from Curt as well as a Bubblebee that he modded the crap out of before shipping to me. I told Curt years ago my last guitar would be a Charvel CS and I would order through him. Well the prices are nuts so that thought was fading. When I heard about Curt's new venture and saw Steve's rave review I knew I was in. I told Curt the specs I wanted and explained that I wanted as much late 70s early 80s Charvel as possible neck and body wise.

I have played many Suhr, Anderson, Charvel CS, and own two Lee Garver guitars, one a strathead, and Curt's guitar is on par with all of them. The neck is pure sex and the thin Nitro is perfect without orange peal. He does not use filler to hide the fret tangs and the fretwork is beautiful. Guitar was shipped from California to Connecticut and was almost balls on 440 with the action almost slammed and no fret out doing octave bends. I sent a picture of my electronics placement, the "gainfreak" and he nailed it. Stopped the work once as he was not happy with the neck fit and explained my options. The neck fit is perfect.

As stated will write a review with pictures, some of you guys sure do take nice pictures with lighting and shit so please give me some time for the glamour shots, but the guitar cost me less than my GMWs and I ordered them 10 years ago. He is 6-800 less than one of the big builders on this site with Curt playing he shit out of it before signing off on it. He sent it back to the fret man he is so concerned about something with his name on it. Curt is TOO honest to be in business really in my opinion.

If you want a Charvel from the early days and the guy selling it to be a monster player, Charvel historian, and just a nice guy you would be foolish not to give Curt a try. He has "the guys" helping him out with these.

Scotty

Yeah, I dig what he's doing. How long was the build time?

Mine was 6 months but told him I was in no rush that if he had others that needed to move faster I had no issues.

Gitfiddler":2bgxk0z1 said:
PeteLaramee":2bgxk0z1 said:
Scotty":2bgxk0z1 said:
I would be Scotty.

Yes I have received my Chubtone guitar several days ago and will be writing a full review with pictures in the next day or two. Background I have known both Steve and Curt for probably 13-14 years from the old HCAF days, met Curt at NAMM 2007 where he tried to set me up for being a fanboy with Steve Vai and for some odd reason Steve and I were at the same Paul Gilbert show at the Viper and never met. Dude looks like the guy from River Monsters so I have no clue how we did not connect. His loss as I am super cool to hang with and had cash for rounds.

Anyways I have learned throughout the years that Curt and Steve were two of the most knowledgeable guys on the forums regarding Charvel and I have bought 3 USA Charvels from Curt as well as a Bubblebee that he modded the crap out of before shipping to me. I told Curt years ago my last guitar would be a Charvel CS and I would order through him. Well the prices are nuts so that thought was fading. When I heard about Curt's new venture and saw Steve's rave review I knew I was in. I told Curt the specs I wanted and explained that I wanted as much late 70s early 80s Charvel as possible neck and body wise.

I have played many Suhr, Anderson, Charvel CS, and own two Lee Garver guitars, one a strathead, and Curt's guitar is on par with all of them. The neck is pure sex and the thin Nitro is perfect without orange peal. He does not use filler to hide the fret tangs and the fretwork is beautiful. Guitar was shipped from California to Connecticut and was almost balls on 440 with the action almost slammed and no fret out doing octave bends. I sent a picture of my electronics placement, the "gainfreak" and he nailed it. Stopped the work once as he was not happy with the neck fit and explained my options. The neck fit is perfect.

As stated will write a review with pictures, some of you guys sure do take nice pictures with lighting and shit so please give me some time for the glamour shots, but the guitar cost me less than my GMWs and I ordered them 10 years ago. He is 6-800 less than one of the big builders on this site with Curt playing he shit out of it before signing off on it. He sent it back to the fret man he is so concerned about something with his name on it. Curt is TOO honest to be in business really in my opinion.

If you want a Charvel from the early days and the guy selling it to be a monster player, Charvel historian, and just a nice guy you would be foolish not to give Curt a try. He has "the guys" helping him out with these.

Scotty
Is this THE Scotty?

The artist formerly known as "DJ"?

Its all a matter of perspective.

Scotty":3az50xs7 said:
Wayniac3":3az50xs7 said:
Scotty":3az50xs7 said:
I would be Scotty.

Scotty
I'm crazily interested in these guitars and Steves amps.. by all accounts to upstanding dudes that I'd like to support.
Where in CT are you?

Middlefield and no problems meeting so you can decide for yourself regarding Curt's work. Not sure if I can PM yet due to post counts, pm me and I will check. BTW I do not own one of Steve's amps.
Very cool. Thanks!
I'm in New Haven, and am out that way all the time.

The price for these Chubtone guitars seems really affordable , I wonder if they do fret leveling for best playability or just press in the frets and hope for the best.

spliffsperlunk":cnyu362j said:
The price for these Chubtone guitars seems really affordable , I wonder if they do fret leveling for best playability or just press in the frets and hope for the best.
Of course they do fret leveling. These necks and frets are perfect when you get them...

Steve

Wayniac3":1nhc05yr said:
Scotty":1nhc05yr said:
Wayniac3":1nhc05yr said:
Scotty":1nhc05yr said:
I would be Scotty.

Scotty
I'm crazily interested in these guitars and Steves amps.. by all accounts to upstanding dudes that I'd like to support.
Where in CT are you?

Middlefield and no problems meeting so you can decide for yourself regarding Curt's work. Not sure if I can PM yet due to post counts, pm me and I will check. BTW I do not own one of Steve's amps.
Very cool. Thanks!

Saw your pm but cannot reply yet, I do not have enough posts I guess so lets just discuss here. This weekend is out due to stuff but I can work from home during the week or we could meet at Sam Ash and beat on their shit. Let me know.

spliffsperlunk":357y8yxr said:

After 3 days of playing and being all over the neck doing octave bends the board and frets are leveled more so than mass production guitars from other major manufactures. The ends are dressed very well, as well as my GMWs and Garver is considered one of the best in regards to fret work.

You guys have to check these out for the price, Curt is going to shake up the superstrat market.

These two make my nipples hard.

7156239_orig.jpg

Does anyone know if Curt offers neck roasting options?

I have # 27 that's my # 1 now and I have another one that's currently being built. Chubtone's are amazing builds, great prices and both Curt and Matt are a pleasure to deal with. Already planning my third build, Lol !!

Scotty":24dgy6z3 said:
Wayniac3":24dgy6z3 said:
Wayniac3":24dgy6z3 said:
I would be Scotty.

Scotty
Where in CT are you?

Very cool. Thanks!

Saw your pm but cannot reply yet, I do not have enough posts I guess so lets just discuss here. This weekend is out due to stuff but I can work from home during the week or we could meet at Sam Ash and beat on their shit. Let me know.

Either sounds good! Don't break your balls.. you're doing me a favor, so I'll do my best to flex to your schedule. Been a while since I've been to that Scam Cash

Wayniac3":3aim7226 said:
Scotty":3aim7226 said:
I would be Scotty.

Scotty
Where in CT are you?

Very cool. Thanks!

Either sounds good! Don't break your balls.. you're doing me a favor, so I'll do my best to flex to your schedule. Been a while since I've been to that Scam Cash

Haha they had an older Jackson CS priced at $900 and should have bought it, they had no clue what they had.

How many posts so I can PM people on this freaking site???

Scotty":1479n4xt said:
PeteLaramee":1479n4xt said:
Scotty":1479n4xt said:
I would be Scotty.

Scotty
Is this THE Scotty?

Your mother is still good for a $10 trick.............
$10? Everyone tells me she's free.

PM me your address if you get a chance.

:thumbsup:

Back