Any Chubtone Guitars owners here?

Joe-TX":2nkhpevt said:
They should do a compound radius neck.

Not a problem at all. I just prefer the 12" radius since that is what the Pre Pro I grew up playing had on it.

GraySlo":x76vzk1r said:
Do they actually return a call? Left two messages for them to no avail...

No we don't. Email, Facebook, Instagram. PM's on Rig Talk. We are quite easy to get ahold of.

Once we get some initial ideas what you are looking for and you are happy with what you are hearing back from us, we can progress to a phone call to really dial the build in.

Chubtone":3cmbgf17 said:
GraySlo":3cmbgf17 said:
Do they actually return a call? Left two messages for them to no avail...

No we don't. Email, Facebook, Instagram. PM's on Rig Talk. We are quite easy to get ahold of.

Once we get some initial ideas what you are looking for and you are happy with what you are hearing back from us, we can progress to a phone call to really dial the build in.

Cool, thanks for letting me know.

gtrlw":17a0a22h said:
What's the SD #1 neck shape like? Is it a C or D shape?

Putting neck contours into descriptions by letters is very difficult. A fat D shape is extremely similar to a C shape. A Thin C is extremely similar to a D shape.

What does our SD#1 neck shape feel like? See that guys guitar in your avatar? Yeah, like that.

I just got another one a couple weeks ago... Custom build...

Steve

sah5150":vydsz15b said:

Steve

s321550849126200906_p44_i1_w1632.jpeg

:shocked: :shocked: Does he do flamed maple tops? I'm really tempted to get a blue flame top, maple boarded monster with a wilkinson.

vultures":z064dzfl said:
sah5150":z064dzfl said:

Steve

:shocked: :shocked: Does he do flamed maple tops? I'm really tempted to get a blue flame top, maple boarded monster with a wilkinson.
I'm sure they'll make exactly what you want!

Steve

vultures":sc3xpm5h said:

Flamed maple top is no problem. Flat top or bent top?

Chubtone":1p3kfgdj said:
vultures":1p3kfgdj said:

Flamed maple top is no problem. Flat top or bent top?

Don't make me PM you for a quote, buddy :LOL: :LOL: :rock:

sah5150":3bzqwnpe said:

Steve
Was that a #2 profile? If so, I 'should' be next although for some reason I'm thinking there may be a problem (my neck came in same time as yours and everything else had been ready to go for months). I'm dying here. :D

SpiderWars":2a8oqivk said:
sah5150":2a8oqivk said:

Steve
Was that a #2 profile? If so, I 'should' be next although for some reason I'm thinking there may be a problem (my neck came in same time as yours and everything else had been ready to go for months). I'm dying here. :D
Mine is the pre-pro neck profile. I never saw a number next to it.

Steve

Have not had time to do a review, well take pictures that is but here is mine.

Will do a review sometime with specs but will state this was WAY less than CS Charvel and much cheaper than other forum builders. The neck is incredible and out of the 14 guitars I own it is the most diverse guitar I have played. Entire guitar is custom to my specs.

If you are a player and not a flipper as some will be worried about resale I would not hesitate to at least speak with Curt.

SpiderWars":1atgcpo2 said:
sah5150":1atgcpo2 said:

Steve

Your original neck that came in the same time as Steve's both had an issue with the shape being wrong and that has been that monkey wrench the effected yours and sah5150's build times.

Yes, Steve's neck is also a #2 neck shape and our neck guy made us 3 killer birdseye necks in that #2 shape to prove he had it right again. I offered you one of those necks but they were all 21 fretters and you, like me, prefer 22 frets. Once we signed off that the #2 necks were correct again, we put a rush on to get yours in and just today your guitar was assembled.

Your guitar will be with our final fretwork and set-up guy tonight and he knows you are our #1 priority. I think you will be quite happy when you get it!

Sweet! Steve's and Scotty's are both beautiful. Would love to know the pickups, matching singles and humbuckers has been a challenge for me but I love single coils.

Back