Anyone want to be a part of the PUP shootout?

This is freaking incredible!!!! Thanks for doing this James and everyone else who was involved!!!

Im listening right now!!
:rock: :rock: :rock:

WOW!!!!!!

Never seen this ever done before, my thanks to everyone that helped make this happen!!!!!!! Will listen tonight on a better platform :thumbsup:

MichaelG":97gvj6j0 said:
I listened to every clip front to back. So far my favorites from the clips are Afwayu, 2nd degree blackbelt, WCR Ironman, Wolfetone Marshallhead and Bareknuckles Rebel Yell in that order. The MCP and Wolfetone had a noticeable advantage in clarity over the others I thought. The Ironman sounds awesome for the heavy stuff.

Looking forward to the next batch! :rock:

I pretty much agree with this assessment as well. The Iron Man and 2nd Degree Blackbelt were my favorites from those clips. Need to listen to them again for sure...

this is f'n great!!

..across the board, through the tones, I'm finding the Darkburst pretty hard to beat. Oddly, I really like the SD JB on the browneye, but it seems to lack elsewhere. I like the Zhangbucker too, can't find it on the net though is there a zhangbucker website?
..the rebel yell isn't doing much for me.

just my initial opinion though!

thank you!!!

ryanchrys":1an9h8h4 said:
this is f'n great!!

..across the board, through the tones, I'm finding the Darkburst pretty hard to beat. Oddly, I really like the SD JB on the browneye, but it seems to lack elsewhere. I like the Zhangbucker too, can't find it on the net though is there a zhangbucker website?
..the rebel yell isn't doing much for me.

just my initial opinion though!

thank you!!!

Welcome to the forum

whoa! this is so freaking cool! :thumbsup: Thanks so much for doing this. The Herbert sounds huge. Any reason you didnt use the Rackto?

Very cool! Thanks so much for taking the time and effort to do this. I think it's important to let us all know what value the pots were in the guitar(s), though.

For me the 2nd Degree Black Belt was my personal favorite and then the Marshall Head and then maybe the Wb Hab. or Wcr Godwood.

RACKSYSTEMS":1wfbxuw9 said:
For me the 2nd Degree Black Belt was my personal favorite and then the Marshall Head and then maybe the Wb Hab. or Wcr Godwood.
I already call Wade this morning and he's bustin me out one as we speak :rock:James,thanks again for the Valiant Efforts man!!!!You Rock Bro!!!

Well, after a first-round listen my top choices were (in no particular order:)

Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates
ThroBak SLE 101 Plus Ltd
Motor City 2nd Degree Black Belt
Bareknuckle Rebel Yell
WCR Iron Man
WB Hell
WB Fire
Motor City Afwayu
Zhangbucker Pagey 2
Suhr Aldrich

Out of those, my favorites were:

Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates
ThroBak SLE 101 Plus Ltd
Motor City 2nd Degree Black Belt
WB Hell
Mot City Afwayu

I think the ThroBak, Black Belt, and Afwayu were my top three.

The Suhr Aldrich is just...weird sounding. I can't put my finger on it.

I actually liked a lot of them for different reasons. I also think that the Walker pickup held its own which is saying something for a small pickup company. I love those pickups and it was cool to hear them along with the others!! :rock:

Thanks so much guys.

I have an idea. What I'm going to offer is for $10 I will ship CD's with all 23 tracks as 16 bit AIFF's to anywhere in the US and $15 overseas. I think ultimately it's better to have the tracks and import them into iTunes, Protools, Garage Band etc.... so you can swap back and forth from pickup to pickup in the same section of the song. If you do that you can hear a big difference. So I am leaving for Spain tomorrow night for 10 days but my assistant can make this happen. So if you want some discs email:

nicole@jameslugo.com

She will take care of it, you can mail a check or paypal account: james@jameslugo.com

The $10/$15 covers me paying her, buying and burning discs and postage. If you mail a check send your full name, address, phone number and email with it.

Even better .... your the man James. You taking the time and the money to do this is very cool. Beyond the Disc I believe I owe you a beer ..... that is what the extra is for when I get around to this.

Back