Bands that got better with age

Death was the only band that each album got better then the last . Period . End of story lol

Human was their best far and away. Individual second. Later albums were good but not on the same level.

GoJira's The Link is a modern classic, a bit like a french Chaos A.D... Later albums became more and more boring IMHO.

Cannibal Corpse

CC peaked at The Bleeding.

The Dillinger Escape Plan

Sorry but they never topped their first album, Calculating Infinity. Miss Machine is OK. The rest is forgettable.

Last edited:
Human was their best far and away. Individual second. Later albums were good but not on the same level.

GoJira's The Link is a modern classic, a bit like a french Chaos A.D... Later albums became more and more boring IMHO.

Sorry but they never topped their first album, Calculating Infinity. Miss Machine is OK. The rest is forgettable.
Totally agree, Death peaked at Human. Every album after that got more technical, but not necessarily better.

Gojira’s last two albums were boring af…

Flotsam & Jetsam. Check out their latest album (2021). Vocally & musically as strong as they've ever been, though I realize they may not be everyone's cup 'o tea.

Mastodon
Gojira
Opeth
The ocean
Baroness
I love all those bands. I wouldn't argue any one of them didn't peak long ago, however lol. Baroness' Blue Album is one of my favourite albums of all time. I've enjoyed maybe 2 or 3 tunes since Pete left.

Hard disagree on that one and Death. Everything Dillinger did after CI, except for the one right after Chris Pennie left, is better than Calculating Infinity. I say this as someone who still wears a Calculating Infinity hoodie. That album was off the wall crazy, but it's basically one long chaotic song.

I love all those bands. I wouldn't argue any one of them didn't peak long ago, however lol. Baroness' Blue Album is one of my favourite albums of all time. I've enjoyed maybe 2 or 3 tunes since Pete left.

I loved Pete in Baroness. Have been to three Baroness shows with Gina, and love her live energy. Pete had it too, but Gina rocks as well.

Side note, Blue is a great album!

Gotta disagree here, The Sound Of Perseverence is quite an achievement, the riffa and timings on that album are just amazing. Technical Death Metal at it's best here.

Love the earlier stuff don't get me wrong, but that album does it for me.

This is a really good one.

Strypers newer shit absolutely KILLS.

I am one of the few people on RT who actually hates glam/hair bands, and I couldn't be any more impressed with their run of recent albums

It's like jesusy- hair metal meets power metal, and it's killer
I saw them in Melbourne a year or so back. Amazing.

Back