Be deluxe mod with Dave vid

That is pretty awesome! Thx for sharing the tones and the journey. Dave is good people!

Great idea to put the deluxe into the smaller headshell!
I loooove it all the way around. Lugging a 100w shell is way too awkward. My Headfirst Alta 100w is in a smallbox type shell also and my padded tuki cover works for both so I'll call that a win! :m17:

I loooove it all the way around. Lugging a 100w shell is way too awkward. My Headfirst Alta 100w is in a smallbox type shell also and my padded tuki cover works for both so I'll call that a win! :m17:
This is how I had mine built from the start…50 Deluxe headshell with the 100 Deluxe “Friedman” plate, plus power scaling mod.

Attachments

• IMG_1606.jpeg
    IMG_1606.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 30
Why does Dave just a raw brighter high gain amp like this . It seems he mods his own models constantly. Especially to be brighter rawer . I’d probably buy that
I'd give it a try as well. Consistent feedback on the Friedman's: "really nice amp...great tones...But too polished, too dark...Not aggressive enough".

I'd give it a try as well. Consistent feedback on the Friedman's: "really nice amp...great tones...But too polished, too dark...Not aggressive enough".
He reads and responds to every e-mail. If all of you e-mailed 'Hey, Don's "raw" 3 way switch mod is what we want" ect... He would likely have more of an idea.
Problem is he looks at the Friedman users Facebook page a bit but those guys are all 100% fanboys

His PT V2 seems to be voiced differently, brighter, more aggressive.
I mentioned that to him and he said 'Yeah just added 2 resistors'
Honestly having owned a PT2 my mod gets all that but not as strident likely due to power dispersion being more even with 100w head so it's not as harsh

Nice! Sounds killer.

I'll bet that mod is similar to a 2011 BE 100 I had, where there was a mod done to make it more open/raw. It was a first version hand wired by metro guys, that I got in a trade. The only way for me to run that amp was with that mod engaged. It sounded great and far removed from the smooth polite BE circuit.

This is the 3 way selector I talk about in the video. 3 resistors added allowing the BE factory, right and left are the Raw variations. I still don't know why only the left position gives the volume jump (Dave said it bypasses the eq) but why does the right not do that?
Incidentally thru my buddies V30 Marshall 4x12 the mod sounded a bit harsh -why I use Greenbacks!

Attachments

• BE Mod.PNG
    BE Mod.PNG
    8.3 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
This is the 3 way selector I talk about in the video. 3 resistors added allowing the BE factory, right and left Raw variations. I still don't know why only the left position gives the volume jump (Dave said it bypasses the eq) but why does the right not do that?
Incidentally thru my buddies V30 Marshall 4x12 the mod sounded a bit harsh -why I use Greenbacks!
I never liked V30's with my 79 2203 when it was stock. It always sounded best with 12H-30's IMHO.

Back