Best place to buy tubes

Laura is real deal hooked me up multiple times. She knows her stuff

I just did a a full retube on a triple rectifier I wasn't happy with, she pointed me in the right direction as always I couldn't be happier.

Your safe with her

kronat":3hmh1dxi said:
I think all are good, but please stay away from JJ tubes (and who sold them)

I've ordered a few different sets from Eurotubes and have always received great product. Tubes are a matter of taste of course, and guys do love to hate on JJ :/

Yep Valve Queen! I dealt with Doug's a few times but yeah he was douchy when I got a bad tube from him. Been dealing with Laura ever since!

Old thread i know but bumping this rather than starting another one

I was buying from Dougs and also from Eurotubes for JJs.

Where are people buying from these days?

I get tubes from CoolFactorAudio. He has a shop on Reverb and eBay, but I tend to communicate and buy from Greg directly. Killer guy with a beautiful assortment of NOS tubes. I also like Michelles Electronic Tubes and More on eBay. I normally hunt for RCA blackplates for my Rivera, and it can be TOUGH to find ones that are high performing and non-microphonic. These shops deliver! I have bought lots of tubes from both sellers and any issue I have had has been quickly resolved.

I've been buying from TubeDepot since like 2008. Always consistent, reliable, good prices, and almost always a 10% of 15% coupon in their email promos. I don't sign up for any email promos so for me to have not unsubscribed/blocked them, that means they are really good.

Just put in an order actually, a quad of JJ 5881, quad of JJ 6L6, and 3 5U4's to replace some that got shattered in a recto shipment gone wrong. They have nicer tubes than JJ's I'm just cheap.

I've bought new from those ^^^ sources as well. No issues.

But, I've only bought used/strong for years now, and have a nice stash of Siemens, Winged C 34s as well as Sovtek 5881s, GE 6550s and many vintage pre tubes. Just have to know what to look for as far as re labels go, and you can find some gems out there for peanuts....even during this time of high tube pricing.

Old thread i know but bumping this rather than starting another one

I was buying from Dougs and also from Eurotubes for JJs.

Where are people buying from these days?
I've had great luck with Dougs Tubes, Eurotubes, and The Valve Queen back in the day - but she is out of that business now.

A new thread would be helpful to the noobs :yes:

Last edited:
Back