Bogner Uber Ultra EL34 vs 6L6 - Who played both?

I will probably just wait for the JP-2C. I ordered it in March 2022 for 2999.- and still have the order confirmed in my Thomann-Account.
For 2999.- it's a No Brainer, when it comes to decide which amp i should get again, and IF i get it for that price, because the price went up to 4999.- since they relisted it again on their site. And that is simply too much. :D I'm still a bit undecided. Marshall killed again today. We are turning in circles...
The JP2C is also amazing. I have yet to play the Ultra with a full band but I have played many amps with a full band (2 guitars) and the JP2C sounded better and sat in it's place better in the band mix compared to any other amp I've tried and that includes the Rev 2 Uberschall.

The JP2C is also amazing. I have yet to play the Ultra with a full band but I have played many amps with a full band (2 guitars) and the JP2C sounded better and sat in it's place better in the band mix compared to any other amp I've tried and that includes the Rev 2 Uberschall.
Sounds good. A few years ago i had a limited JP-2C and even though i liked the feel of it a lot i sold it too quickly, for reasons. Sometimes the decission-process is strange. I'm curious how it sounds and feels with the new Transformers. The Rev Blue kinda sucked in a Band mix. Even with only a Drummer. But i think the Ultra would be much better in that regard.

Absolutely, that switch has a much more drastic effect when morph is at 0 and now I need to mess with the sweep a little more.

Also agree on the Density and would add presence.

I'm still blown away, like I said earlier I'm laughing I never tried Morph at 0 and it unlocked a whole new world for me. Made an amp I already loved damn near perfect.

With that said, a very high quality, high headroom built in noise gate and programmable footswitch would make this amp 100% perfect.
Get the GD JJ preamps out of there! Ugh! I tried keeping them in there thinking the amp was voiced around them . But man, they are just horrible in my opinion. I replaced V1 with RI tung-sol V2 and V3 with Chinese A square getters and it just changed the whole dynamic of the amp for the better! This is just my opinion of course.

Get the GD JJ preamps out of there! Ugh! I tried keeping them in there thinking the amp was voiced around them . But man, they are just horrible in my opinion. I replaced V1 with RI tung-sol V2 and V3 with Chinese A square getters and it just changed the whole dynamic of the amp for the better! This is just my opinion of course.

I have the Ruby chinese 12AX7HG+ and the 8th gens in mine, LPS in the PI. Swapped the JJ el34s for e34Ls. Sounds killer.

You know I think I should give that a try. I typically stick with what is readily available and what is recommended. Not trying to have "my tone" dependant on a one off tube that costs $300 BUT I do specifically remember having the old Uber and Bogner recommending Chinese ax7s.

In any case, I think I will give your suggestion a shot.

Oh yeah! LPS in the PI as well. Mine is the KT88 version.
Just ordered them all, I need to stop logging in🤣

Got the LPS for PI, One tung sol and a pair of Shuguang 12ax7a. I'll probably keep the other tubes JJ for now but I do have some random black plate 5751 laying around I'll swap in for fun.

Off topic but I also just ordered a pair of 75hz Heritage greenbacks to replace the 75s in the Uberkab. Definitely interested to see how all this goes. Have a couple of pedals on the way too.

Good move on the Heritage GBs. THe 75s suck. Major upgrade.
I've never liked them on their own, everyone loved the 1960A cabs but I could never vibe with them. I still think the Uberkab sounds good with the mix but I'm expecting the GBs to bring it to live, will see.

Just ordered them all, I need to stop logging in🤣

Got the LPS for PI, One tung sol and a pair of Shuguang 12ax7a. I'll probably keep the other tubes JJ for now but I do have some random black plate 5751 laying around I'll swap in for fun.

Off topic but I also just ordered a pair of 75hz Heritage greenbacks to replace the 75s in the Uberkab. Definitely interested to see how all this goes. Have a couple of pedals on the way too.
Im pretty certain you will be pleased with the result. V4 has less of an impact on tone.

I owned the KT88 and el34 version at the same time. They sounded pretty much the same to me. Wasn't worth keeping both. I traded the KT88 to a buddy rather than send back to Sweetwater. Still would like to try the 6L version, but something tells me it won't be terribly different that couldn't be compensated for with the EQ

Here's a few iphone videos I did comparing the two.

I see you have Fryette stuff too, does the Uber Ultra get as tight as it? I had an Uber Rev Blue and thought it was a piece of shit flub monster but now interested again in this model or might just go back to a Fryette 100/CLX if I can ever find one

I see you have Fryette stuff too, does the Uber Ultra get as tight as it? I had an Uber Rev Blue and thought it was a piece of shit flub monster but now interested again in this model or might just go back to a Fryette 100/CLX if I can ever find one
My Uber Ultra can get just as tight as my Ultra-lead. Absolutely. The Uber Ultra can also do the "wall of sound" thing the old Ubers do as well.

Hey I got a mint MLC SUBZERO 93 that I would maybe consider trader for an ULTRA . I changed my mind on this before but I’m outtinf up feelers . Was $4000 plus shipping . Mint af
image.jpg

Yeah man, not even close IMO. Ultra is just better in every way.
I have to agree and need to stay out of this thread. I wish I still had the Rev 2 to compare but like Lieb said the Ultra gets 95% of that amp plus much, much more.

I've seen other say they sold the Ultra to go back to the blue, I just can't imagine doing that.

I have to agree and need to stay out of this thread. I wish I still had the Rev 2 to compare but like Lieb said the Ultra gets 95% of that amp plus much, much more.

I've seen other say they sold the Ultra to go back to the blue, I just can't imagine doing that.
I totally agree. The Ultra is the one I always play these days. Channel 1 on it’s own is cool as f***k if you ask me.

Attachments

• IMG_5396.jpeg
    IMG_5396.jpeg
    162.6 KB · Views: 9
Back