Boss Katana

Guys you know my amp history both being in the biz and owning.
Katana 100 head is all I own now! No interest in buying anything!! It inspires me to play! It's the real deal seriously I'd eat Danno's ass out if you didn't think this amp flat out kills! :confused:

Mailman1971":300hncz3 said:
I went to buy one and saw it only had one speaker input.
Just been so used to playing with two 4x12s for many years I don't wanna go to one.
I know. Sounds crazy. :LOL: :LOL:
But the clips I hear sound great for sure. :rock:
Line out box from Bray-50. Separate Power amp...100 on up. There ya go.

Thanks for the Frickin gas guys. :rock:

It shined at practice taking it to first show Saturday in jersey. This is how I see shit. After owning tons of very expensive amps ... it's 2017 why the fuck are we still lugging 100 lb heads around that do one thing? Yea I get it in a way. But we have mini computers in our hands a guitar head should sound like this. Most of the models just blow. You play them n they suck. Line 6 n so on so forth. This doesn't feel like a cheap modeler. For 350 n ease of use n weight. It's pretty much a no brainer. You play this at a show most ppl will not know nor will they give a fuck what your playing out of. As long as it sounds good. Only a snob or too will point the finger with his no-all judgement. It's great we do fly dates n this can go with ya. The lil speaker is awesome for the tour bus or in a small setting just to play quiet.

I still love a tube amp just got the new Mesa tc50... does this replace the sound of tube amps ...no but it does sound fkn amazing n it's inspirational.

Jeff Hilligan":gux2of7s said:
Katana 100 head is all I own now! No interest in buying anything!! It inspires me to play! It's the real deal seriously I'd eat Danno's ass out if you didn't think this amp flat out kills! :confused:

Quite possibly the single greatest endorsement of all time

cecilbag":30qi7f29 said:
Jeff Hilligan":30qi7f29 said:

The amp biz part or the ass part? :LOL: :LOL:

cecilbag":27tzv22s said:
Jeff Hilligan":27tzv22s said:

I may be in trouble now!

Jeff Hilligan":r5b93zv4 said:
cecilbag":r5b93zv4 said:
Jeff Hilligan":r5b93zv4 said:

I may be in trouble now!
By Sunday night I will let everyone know if Jeff will be..ahem...busy so to speak.

Katana coming.

Couldn't resist. Too many RTer endorsements....

I had the little 50 watter combo for about a day. The speaker was pretty weak. Before I returned it I unplugged the speaker and hooked it up to a 4x12 and it sounded really good. I guess that's basically what the head sounds like.

BrokenFusion":9txfjk3n said:
I had the little 50 watter combo for about a day. The speaker was pretty weak. Before I returned it I unplugged the speaker and hooked it up to a 4x12 and it sounded really good. I guess that's basically what the head sounds like.

How did you unplug the speaker on the combo? I was checking out the combo trying to figure that out and it looked like it might be wired to the amp. In any case, I've been using it with my Celestion Gold 1x12 cab and it sounds better than that Katana speaker. However, I won't shit on that speaker because it's actually decent once it's broken in.

SavageRiffer":l72mw5bs said:
BrokenFusion":l72mw5bs said:

How did you unplug the speaker on the combo? I was checking out the combo trying to figure that out and it looked like it might be wired to the amp. In any case, I've been using it with my Celestion Gold 1x12 cab and it sounds better than that Katana speaker. However, I won't shit on that speaker because it's actually decent once it's broken in.

I took the connectors off the speaker and used a double male spade connector to hook it to the spade connectors on a combo amp speaker plug and plugged that into the cab.
So plug 2 of these into the Katana speaker leads
1010.jpg

Then one end of this to above connector and other end into the cab
images

Or you could just make up your own cable.

Jeff Hilligan":rbv8mwo2 said:

Now that is some serious shit right there :LOL: :LOL:

I have a Runt 50 arriving today....perhaps I shouldn't check out any clips of the Katana :confused:

Dear Lord
Please open RT members ears to how awesome the Katana sounds!!!! I know what you have done with Danno's ass and I have no desire to go ther!
Thanks a bunch for the help!

Jeff

Jeff Hilligan":3bbqqhmf said:

On this statement alone I ordered one. :scared: :LOL: :LOL:

Jeff's tone sounded great on the vid. Our styles are really far apart but I'm too intrigued not to find out for myself.

No lose situation for me. Danno's ass or a cool amp. :D

Girlfriend went to bed early last night, so i plugged my katana into my Marshall cab and grabbed my San Dimas. 2 hours later i emerged from my basement (I barely ever play more than 20 minutes at home).

My cheapest rig i have ever owned. Free USA Charvel. Free Marshall cab and a $314 Katana head (i bought a demo unit). I'd put that rig up against pretty much anything. While i prefer my Friedman rig, it's not by a whole lot :LOL: :LOL:

Gsxrbusa":3pc49hf0 said:
Jeff Hilligan":3pc49hf0 said:

Jeff's tone sounded great on the vid. Our styles are really far apart but I'm too intrigued not to find out for myself.

I ordered one and gonna tell Jeff it sucks.
Just on principle. :yes:

atrox":17a96x3s said:
Girlfriend went to bed early last night, so i plugged my katana into my Marshall cab and grabbed my San Dimas. 2 hours later i emerged from my basement (I barely ever play more than 20 minutes at home).

My cheapest rig i have ever owned. Free USA Charvel. Free Marshall cab and a $314 Katana head (i bought a demo unit). I'd put that rig up against pretty much anything. While i prefer my Friedman rig, it's not by a whole lot :LOL: :LOL:

I'm curious as to why the Waza is so much more expensive. I wouldn't even entertain it because of the price when they came out. They say the Katana has Waza DNA. Wonder what gives here? :confused:

Mailman1971":38tl78qg said:
Gsxrbusa":38tl78qg said:
Jeff Hilligan":38tl78qg said:

I ordered one and gonna tell Jeff it sucks.
Just on principle. :yes:

:hys:

Back