Boutique custom guitars

I’m getting a Marc chicoine build delivered in a few months here. Luc from gorguts swears by them. His stuff is all hand made and he’s super easy to work with. Literally can get anything you want done too. Including radical shapes. Really looking forward to my build.

What shape are you looking for?

Tom Anderson is my personal favorite. I currently have 4 and one I ordered coming in Feb. Suhr is a close second. I've got 2 custom Moderns.
I really don't get off on fender style guitars. The headstock is boring, and the variations of the strat and tele don't do it for me. I am more into pointy guitars.

I’m getting a Marc chicoine build delivered in a few months here. Luc from gorguts swears by them. His stuff is all hand made and he’s super easy to work with. Literally can get anything you want done too. Including radical shapes. Really looking forward to my build.
I am interested.

Kind of thinking of moving off the jackson, and wondering what i may get next. Just wondering what the best builders are right now.

did you play my Hufschmid? Can’t remember if I had that when you came down. He makes killer guitars.

s8dgCWl.jpg

Anderson and Suhr hands down . Want to know why ?? Because they are great builds and when you're done with them you can sell them!

ESP custom shop would probably be my no-limit-budget first stop. Some of their single cuts are amazing and I have had incredible fortune using ESP products. I generally prefer more traditional guitars but some of the single cut guitars were beautiful with the purple on them and nice necks. I don't know if their custom shop qualifies as boutique or not though.

ESP custom shop would probably be my no-limit-budget first stop. Some of their single cuts are amazing and I have had incredible fortune using ESP products. I generally prefer more traditional guitars but some of the single cut guitars were beautiful with the purple on them and nice necks. I don't know if their custom shop qualifies as boutique or not though.
I have heard nothing but good things. But they have never really interested me. I respect the shit out of their quality though.

I have heard nothing but good things. But they have never really interested me. I respect the shit out of their quality though.
All good brother just thought I'd put it out there. I dumped several more expensive guitars because of Edwards/ESP so I figured it's worth mentioning. My whole house has basically become a Japan guitar and gear house except for my amps, lol. Good luck on your guitar search bro. For me that is the funnest part. Merry Christmas.

I am interested.
I’ll add Marc’s builds for being 100 percent custom are very reasonable given the price hikes recently. Everything is done by hand as well. He’s also an actual player, so he understands things like neck dive, something many big brands fail to understand. He truly makes exactly what you want; the 5000-12000 price tag some of these other guys are charging and you’re only able to pick from their shapes, and specs drives me up the wall.

Reactions: rsm
Back