Cameron Amps and the future of the brand...

Superunknown":3izqwvhs said:
King Guitar":3izqwvhs said:
psychodave":3izqwvhs said:
King Guitar":3izqwvhs said:
Superunknown":3izqwvhs said:
Hey Brad....if this venture does not work out (and I really hope it does), I have the following amps which could be used as the prototypes for a new production line.

CCV
SLP Jose (with the Dumble/IIC+ 3rd Channel)
JMP Aldrich
SLP Ocean

I truly hope each and every one of you guys who sent money get your cash back or an amp. This really sucks.....

Thanks Todd, I might take you up on that. Pleasure to meet you and your very gracious wife at NAMM as well. :rock:

I am shocked that you guys are openly discussing stealing amp circuits for profit. Mark saw the Jose circuits after someone bought an estate lot of amps, but changed things to make it his own. Mark Cameron's Aldrich and Ocean circuits are his own work and have been around since before he saw any Jose amps. I feel this is completly wrong. :thumbsdown: While it's sad Mark fucked over some people, two wrongs dont make a right. :no:

Dude, I didnt take Todds offer as that at all. RELAX. I took it that he was offering to send his CCV to use as the test example for Berrang to build the Cameron amp if we didn't have one available, which to my knowledge Mark does not. Nobody is talking about ripping Mark off, god damn I moving mountains to try to get this mess figured out, I dont appreciate that sentiment in the least.

That is exactly what I meant Brad. I am not looking to steal from or harm anyone....In fact, I am probably one of Mark's biggest supporters. Cameron amps have been on stage with me opening for Kiss, Motley Crue, Heaven & Hell and many others....I was just trying to help out Bro.
If that was what you meant than why did you offer the mods for production? Providing your CCV as an example for Barang doesn't sound like what was being discussed at all. Read what you wrote, man. Perhaps you didn't mean it, but what you specifically said was that you were offering up your amps to reverse engineer and produce IF IT DIDN'T work out with Mark. Now it looks like you are back tracking... and how Brad got what he did from what you wrote is beyond me. What would be be using the mods for with Barang?

I agree with Dave. Not cool...

Steve

Sorry you feel that way. It was my understanding that currently Mark doesn't even have a CCV, Jose, Aldrich, or Ocean to provide as a prototype. If I'm wrong, I stand corrected. And for the record, I have no interest in being in the guitar amp business. No need for me to back down or change anything. Best of luck guys....

King Guitar":1aex6y5f said:
Man I love the internet. :doh: :LOL: :LOL:
C'mon Brad. Read the posts that went back and forth between you two guys that Dave quoted. Regardless of intent, there is no other way to take what was actually written. Don't make it seem like we're crazies misinterpreting here... If there is a misunderstanding, fine, but let's acknowledge that what was written sounds bad...

Steve

Superunknown":akl0ypts said:
Sorry you feel that way. It was my understanding that currently Mark doesn't even have a CCV, Jose, Aldrich, or Ocean to provide as a prototype. If I'm wrong, I stand corrected. And for the record, I have no interest in being in the guitar amp business. No need for me to back down or change anything. Best of luck guys....
Take responsibility for the fact that regardless of your intent, what you wrote sounds like you are talking about reverse-engineering and producing amps IF IT DOESN'T work out with Mark and Brad. That is what you wrote. There isn't another way to interpret that. This isn't about "feelings"... It isn't about whether Mark has prototypes for his mods...

Steve

Steve,

Just reread it and I could see how it was taken the way you guys are taking it but I am telling you thats not how I read it at all. It would not occur to me to take someones design and pirate it. It just wouldn't, we will have to agree to disagree here. If you knew me you wouldn't wonder.

King Guitar":31haukmb said:
Steve,

Just reread it and I could see how it was taken the way you guys are taking it but I am telling you thats not how I read it at all. It would not occur to me to take someones design and pirate it. It just wouldn't, we will have to agree to disagree here. If you knew me you wouldn't wonder.
That's cool, Brad and I have no reason to doubt what you are saying. I am more shocked by Superunknown's original posts that specifically offers the amps for reverse-engineering and production if things DON"T work out with Mark... that sounds really bad, regardless of intent and it would be cool if he'd agree and correct it...

Steve

What would be cool is if things work out with Brad and Mark....
that maybe the Ocean and Aldrich and other Cameron mods can be made into different production amps.
:thumbsup:

Mailman1971":20593wj2 said:
What would be cool is if things work out with Brad and Mark....
that maybe the Ocean and Aldrich and other Cameron mods can be made into different production amps.
:thumbsup:
Agreed.

Steve

jerrydyer":2mlwfaul said:
You guys should have waitied until Brad confirms before bombarding him with all this. Hopefully in addition to sorting out the facts on his own with Mark, he will call me and get all my info and my point of view. This is definately a good thing.

I have a detailed account of everything that went thru me and am ready to get it to Brad upon request.

I have not abandoned anyone as one email asks. Im still here, still trying to help. Ive even made it clear that even in the worst case scenario only, that I would be here to organize legal action.

All I ask is that you please dont make it sound like ive done anything shady. Every dime that has gone thru me went to Mark.

I hope this goes through. Sounds like the perfect solution.

Will you be using the list Jerry has of the guys that are next in line to pay after this batch of amps are shipped?

sah5150":hnbgjat4 said:
glip22":hnbgjat4 said:
If someone wanted to reverse engineer Marks design and market it, good on them.
Unreal...

Steve

I do not agree with this for the record. My plan includes Mark getting paid for his designs and amps. Win/Win and using Marks initial proceeds to pay for and get the amps to the guys who paid already.

Remember this is not just a simple matter of having the amps produced by a thrid party and just shipping them out. There needs to be Quality Control on the built amps, each one needs to be tested and then warehoused and then warrantied. I dont plan on doing this by the seat of my pants. I have already reached out to some of the best people in the industry to help with this project.

More as it develops.

sah5150":vzel6usk said:
King Guitar":vzel6usk said:
Steve,

That's cool, Brad and I have no reason to doubt what you are saying. I am more shocked by Superunknown's original posts that specifically offers the amps for reverse-engineering and production if things DON"T work out with Mark... that sounds really bad, regardless of intent and it would be cool if he'd agree and correct it...

Steve

CORRECTION TO MY POST:
I AM NOT INTERESTED IN OFFERING UP MY CAMERON CIRCUITS FOR ANYONE TO COPY OTHER THAN FOR MARK CAMERON & BRAD KING'S PROPOSED AMP COMPANY. IF NEEDED, I WOULD BE WILLING TO SIMPLY OFFER MY CAMERON AMPS AS PROTOTYPES FOR THE CCV AND FOR POSSIBLE NEW MODELS. I APOLOGIZE TO ANYONE HERE WHO WAS OFFENDED BY MY ORIGINAL POST. I WAS ONLY TRYING TO HELP.

King Guitar":35ry16qc said:
Mark if your reading all this please give me a call.

Mark told me he was trying to follow this thread on his phone.

Brad, maybe lock the forum until you get back from LA? I would hate for someone to post something to piss you off enough to F*** this whole thing up.

Chuck

Anything that happened with Jerry and Mark will fall into the Pre-Brad category,

Once again if you are a "Pre-Brad" guy your best bet is to let me get the amps built and get them sold to recover the money you lost from the percentage MC is to get so you can eventually get what you paid for. If you deal with me you have my 1000% guarantee of no bullshit.

If you dealt prior alls I can do is try to help as its the right thing to do but please understand I have no say over deals you did before I arrived on scene.

sah5150":2pj3s6lc said:
glip22":2pj3s6lc said:
Unreal...

Steve
It's been done a thousand times already. And I am not saying to do this. I was only commenting on another post calling it "Stealing Mark's design" How can you steal something that is not owned and has been stolen from someone else initially to begin with. Some of you are really stupid. :jerkit:

Superunknown":3602q5dz said:
sah5150":3602q5dz said:
King Guitar":3602q5dz said:
Steve,

Steve

CORRECTION TO MY POST:
I AM NOT INTERESTED IN OFFERING UP MY CAMERON CIRCUITS FOR ANYONE TO COPY OTHER THAN FOR MARK CAMERON & BRAD KING'S PROPOSED AMP COMPANY. IF NEEDED, I WOULD BE WILLING TO SIMPLY OFFER MY CAMERON AMPS AS PROTOTYPES FOR THE CCV AND FOR POSSIBLE NEW MODELS. I APOLOGIZE TO ANYONE HERE WHO WAS OFFENDED BY MY ORIGINAL POST. I WAS ONLY TRYING TO HELP.

Todd is a straight up good dude, I will vouch for him to anyone, no worries. :thumbsup:

glip22":3r9v5vjn said:
sah5150":3r9v5vjn said:
glip22":3r9v5vjn said:
Unreal...

Steve
It's been done a thousand times already. And I am not saying to do this. I was only commenting on another post calling it "Stealing Mark's design" How can you steal something that is not owned and has been stolen from someone else initially to begin with. Some of you are really stupid. :jerkit:
I'm not stupid, but you ARE an asshole. You are saying good on anyone who reverse engineers Marks designs and markets it. That is encouraging it and that is what makes you an asshole.

And using semantics to say it isn't stealing is truly idiotic...

Steve

Back