Cameron Amps and the future of the brand...

Superunknown":3qrkzkge said:
sah5150":3qrkzkge said:
King Guitar":3qrkzkge said:
Steve,

Just reread it and I could see how it was taken the way you guys are taking it but I am telling you thats not how I read it at all. It would not occur to me to take someones design and pirate it. It just wouldn't, we will have to agree to disagree here. If you knew me you wouldn't wonder.
That's cool, Brad and I have no reason to doubt what you are saying. I am more shocked by Superunknown's original posts that specifically offers the amps for reverse-engineering and production if things DON"T work out with Mark... that sounds really bad, regardless of intent and it would be cool if he'd agree and correct it...

Steve

CORRECTION TO MY POST:
I AM NOT INTERESTED IN OFFERING UP MY CAMERON CIRCUITS FOR ANYONE TO COPY OTHER THAN FOR MARK CAMERON & BRAD KING'S PROPOSED AMP COMPANY. IF NEEDED, I WOULD BE WILLING TO SIMPLY OFFER MY CAMERON AMPS AS PROTOTYPES FOR THE CCV AND FOR POSSIBLE NEW MODELS. I APOLOGIZE TO ANYONE HERE WHO WAS OFFENDED BY MY ORIGINAL POST. I WAS ONLY TRYING TO HELP.
Well done.

Steve

sah5150":1ziz22ex said:
glip22":1ziz22ex said:
sah5150":1ziz22ex said:
glip22":1ziz22ex said:
If someone wanted to reverse engineer Marks design and market it, good on them.
Unreal...

Steve
It's been done a thousand times already. And I am not saying to do this. I was only commenting on another post calling it "Stealing Mark's design" How can you steal something that is not owned and has been stolen from someone else initially to begin with. Some of you are really stupid. :jerkit:
I'm not stupid, but you ARE an asshole. You are saying good on anyone who reverse engineers Marks designs and markets it. That is encouraging it and that is what makes you an asshole.

Steve

Come on guys lets keep this cool and chill and not beat each other up. I know this whole fiasco has been frustrating but we are trying to resolve it. Not sure if I can but I am trying. I promise no Bullshit and no pulling punches. If I cant do it I will tell you so.

If Mark actually needs a proto, he knows where to find the original.

Brad- I hope you can get this mess sorted, for EVERYONE's sake.

Thanks for trying. :rock:

King Guitar":1c5fmvtf said:
Anything that happened with Jerry and Mark will fall into the Pre-Brad category,

Once again if you are a "Pre-Brad" guy your best bet is to let me get the amps built and get them sold to recover the money you lost from the percentage MC is to get so you can eventually get what you paid for. If you deal with me you have my 1000% guarantee of no bullshit.

If you dealt prior alls I can do is try to help as its the right thing to do but please understand I have no say over deals you did before I arrived on scene.

Brad,

If you do come to some sort of agreement can you have your legal folks put "Pre-Brad" funds for those amps not delivered in escrow please, right off the top? I suspect that is what put Jerry in a vise although he can speak for himself.

Mark

glip22":12eenpct said:
sah5150":12eenpct said:
glip22":12eenpct said:
Unreal...

Steve
It's been done a thousand times already. And I am not saying to do this. I was only commenting on another post calling it "Stealing Mark's design" How can you steal something that is not owned and has been stolen from someone else initially to begin with. Some of you are really stupid. :jerkit:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Hence the name "jose mod" simply changing a resistor and calling it your own, Its amazing, We actually got a chance to get actual amps out and not just pipe dreams to the people that paid combined over 50 grand(not counting mods 0r last time around} and theres still people worshipping in denial. The dude was simply offering up his cameron amps towards helping in this possible new venture which would be doing Cameron a favor as its clear he doesnt even own any of his own amps, it might speed up production by having an actual ccv etc on hand to copy specs etc. I am sure most here understand and appreciate the fact that u arent being greedy with your ccv since u already got yours and arent offended.

sah5150":2fvr2o7p said:
glip22":2fvr2o7p said:
sah5150":2fvr2o7p said:
glip22":2fvr2o7p said:
Unreal...

Steve
I'm not stupid, but you ARE an asshole. You are saying good on anyone who reverse engineers Marks designs and markets it. That is encouraging it and that is what makes you an asshole.

And using semantics to say it isn't stealing is truly idiotic...

Steve
I feel the same way Steve, its funny too because when I origionally read it I took it exactly as super unknown says he meant it but now when I reread it does look really bad.lol Obviously mispoke is all, right? I dont know you guys but I dont believe you have bad intentions in anyway.

Glip this isnt the first time youve lost me, I remember you being all hugs and kisses to Mark in the ME thread before the posts were deleted but you seem to slam the guy when the regulars here start up. Your comming off pretty two faced here dude.

I have no stake here, just a guy that Mark mods something for every few years that would like to see him do well, hes a good dude.

john l":2cm6djeg said:
sah5150":2cm6djeg said:
glip22":2cm6djeg said:
sah5150":2cm6djeg said:
glip22":2cm6djeg said:
Unreal...

Steve

And using semantics to say it isn't stealing is truly idiotic...

Steve
I feel the same way Steve, its funny too because when I origionally read it I took it exactly as super unknown says he meant it but now when I reread it does look really bad.lol Obviously mispoke is all, right? I dont know you guys but I dont believe you have bad intentions in anyway.

Glip this isnt the first time youve lost me, I remember you being all hugs and kisses to Mark in the ME thread before the posts were deleted but you seem to slam the guy when the regulars here start up. Your comming off pretty two faced here dude.

I have no stake here, just a guy that Mark mods something for every few years that would like to see him do well, hes a good dude.
I was wishing him well. That was before it came to light that all of these members are basically screwed for their money. These guys have families, obligations. Half of them probably shouldn't have spent the money in the first place. I know I spend when I really shouldn't, but that's life. Mark really does seem like a nice guy. I am not disputing that. I dispute what these guys have and are still going through because of him. It's just wrong and there's no two ways about it. I am confident Mark's intentions were good. He stepped too far over the line spending money that was not his too spend. He had no right. I don't wish ill will on anyone, but if the bottom line was that I was out 3K, I would be furious and... It just as easily could have been me and more. I was close to sending payment. I feel bad for Jerry because I know Jerry feels bad. Chances are good that if he hadn't stepped up and try his best to help, there's quite a few guys who never would have sent in there money. Jerry's intentions were of the utmost, but again the bottom line is these guys are screwed. I feel Brad is their only hope. Brad will do his best from an investment standpoint. The potential is there if he and Mark can work it out. It will give Mark an opportunity to make ammends. I know Mark must feel horrible for what he has done. If it were me I would come on this board and apologize for the wrongs I have done and take it like a man. Sorry if I came across as two faced. I am not. I wish all well. I just cannot imagine what these guys are going through, including Mark, regardless that he made his own bed. There's allot of pain and misery. It doesn't feel good.

Wheels up Monday morning back to LA, meeting with Mark, some good friends of mine and Barang. Will let you know how it shakes out. Until then I am locking this thread, Will unlock when I have more intel from Cali.

Brad

Unlocking this thread so the guys who paid Cameron in the past can post up so I can keep a tally in this thread. Please post it here and do not PM me that you paid in the past as it will be too hard to keep track of in different places. Thanks!

I gave Mark a total of $1500 so far. I have to dig up the original receipt but it was sometime in 2009 for $1100 - I gave him another $400 cash about 6 months ago when he was having a tough time. Please talk to him about me. My name's Charles Heit. I've never bitched about the wait time. I like Mark and have often just gone over to hang out and see how he's doing. He's always been great to me. When I didn't have any money and had to sell all my gear just to live, he put together a modded Fender for me for virtually no money that sounded great. He also lent me a CCV for a couple of months when I needed an amp. Yeah, I'd like to get my amp sooner than later, but I have nothing but good wishes for Mark.

But please get in touch with me to let me know the status or if you need any other info at cheit1@roadrunner.com

Thanks.

I also slipped Mark $10,000 for 3 CCV's......
whenever you can get me them....that will be fine. :D

*just messing around!* :LOL: :LOL:

Sorry couldnt resist Brad.......You know me.....gotta make fun of everything. ;)

Good luck on the new Amp adventure and I am sure we will be doing business soon!
Dan

As the recipient of one of the few amps delivered in 2010, and subsequent flipper, I just got to offer this from a business perspective....

1) Brad, you are a martyr! But, you are doing a good thing for the guys here and for yourself.

2) Guys who are paid up need to check the civil laws of the great state of Calexico and see if you have a leg to stand on, other than the good-ole-boy network. When a company defaults, its obligations are to its debtors, not its customers and stakeholders. Was Cameron even a registered company, or was Mark just another lemonade maker selling by the glass at his lemonade stand in North Hollywood? If there is no company, there is no default and it is just you sending money to a guy to make you something. Like it or not, even though his intentions were there to make good, you may have been swindled. If there is a registered company, it and its bylaws are in the public domain and accessible and it is here you will find information you need going forward.

3) Why demand Western Union payment or cash, as opposed to a check, PayPal, credit card, etc.? There is no record of who actually got the money. All Mark has to say is that it wasn't him or he lost an ID and someone else posing as him got the money. Maybe he is not that kind of guy, but it is his option.

4) For everyone who we know on RT that was in line, there seem to be that many more new ones stepping up now. The line just got bigger.

It is just a big fucking mess. I was one of the fortunate one's, mainly because of a few good people that were closer to Mark and following up for me, giving Mark the occasional prodding. Brad is a good man, knows how to own and run a business and I hope it turns out well for him and those who have payed up. Hope in one hand and shit in the other - see which fills up first. I think it is highly stupid and inconsiderate of anyone to come on here, getting all giddy and asking about a new amp order when there are people on here who may get fucked...proper fucked too.

Steve

steve_k":16v2sq6q said:
4) For everyone who we know on RT that was in line, there seem to be that many more new ones stepping up now. The line just got bigger.

Steve

"The official photo of everyone in line waiting for their CCV......."

Thanks Steve,

To make this all the more fun I am getting some hate mail for getting involved and taking advantage of Mark. (WTF :doh: )

I havent even sat down with the man to talk about options and how to sort it out and I am a Robber Barron. :confused:

Oh well, I've got a thick skin, wish me luck this week in figuring out the enigma wrapped in a riddle that is the Cameron Amp situation. :LOL: :LOL:

B

King Guitar":2rwwm74u said:
Thanks Steve,

To make this all the more fun I am getting some hate mail for getting involved and taking advantage of Mark. (WTF :doh: )

I havent even sat down with the man to talk about options and how to sort it out and I am a Robber Barron. :confused:

Oh well, I got a thick skin, wish me luck this week in figuring out the enigma wrapped in a riddle that is the Cameron Amp situation.

B
I almost spoke for you the other day Brad.....but held my tongue. :D
I dont know you personally...but have done deals with you....have known and served with many Marines thru the years... :thumbsup:
I really dont think that your skin is that thin...and laugh when someone said you might get 'mad or upset' by the talk here.... :LOL: :LOL:

I am sure you will pull this thru if its going to happen. ;)
Semper Fi....
Rock on Brother....

Dan

Mailman1971":1dhv13ct said:
steve_k":1dhv13ct said:

Steve

"The official photo of everyone in line waiting for their CCV......."

The typical Cameron fanbois looks to have gotten older while waiting in line........ :LOL: :LOL:

King Guitar":1kl25hmi said:
Thanks Steve,

Oh well, I've got a thick skin, wish me luck this week in figuring out the enigma wrapped in a riddle that is the Cameron Amp situation. :LOL: :LOL:

B
Fuck-em Brad!!!! Let them think what they want. Taking advantage?? More like saving!! The best of luck with it. I so badly hope this works out.

King Guitar":2y1zxf0n said:
Thanks Steve,

B

It could be another Pandora's Box....

Brad, the amp circuit thief, terrorizing all those poor unfortunate wannabe amp makers. I guess Brad, to appease everyone here, you should probably just fly out to LA, grab a burger with Mark and hand him a suitcase full of money.......But, you got to make him pinkie-swear to make some amps with the money and deliver those already promised, then return your money with interest. Yeah, that's official enough makes good business sense :D

Steve

Back