Diezel VH4 or other heads with EL34’s

Hello there again.. I just looked that footswitch up,, it says it is 7 pin,, my VH4 has a 5 pin connector,, so that wouldn't work
Or,, am I doing something wrong?? I need help with this VH4, I have never had to go through this.. Normally the amps just come with a footswitch

You can use a 5 pin cable on 7 pin device with no issue.

Anyway to change channel you should do as follow:

Press the program change on the foot switch connected with the amp.

Select the channel on the amp, press store

Press another button and repeat.

Once you store all you need everything should work with any midi foot switch

Ok great.. I will have to give that a try.. I guess the Midi foot switches I have just aren't compatible which one is a Laney & the other was a used pedal called Gecko.. A member here recommended a pedal,, I will buy that one & give it a try.. Thanks allot! For everything! Mike

Hello there again.. I have another question.. I just opened up my VH4 because I planned to re-tolex it.. But,, on the side,, I saw this in the photo.. What does it mean?? Mike

Attachments

• VH4 BAD.jpg
    VH4 BAD.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 49
Hello there again.. I have another question.. I just opened up my VH4 because I planned to re-tolex it.. But,, on the side,, I saw this in the photo.. What does it mean?? Mike

It should mean that this model is built for US export, so 120V and BAD customer (Boutique Amp Distribution)

Hey folks! I have a number of diezels over the years and once again, regret selling my last VH4.

Some one I know has one from 12/2022 with EL34’s for sale.

Thoughts on how it might sound? I’m a total tube noob so I really don’t know what is what. My VHX and last VH4 had KT77’s. I mainly play chug chug Metallica fanboy stuff at home.

Also was thinking of getting and doing the 6550 tube mod.

Thoughts?

Thanks folks!
EL34s are going to be very direct, punchy, cutting. They work in a mix well. When you are on your own, they can be a bit much but completely depends on context. Is a tube better or worse? Depends on the millions of variables in your specific setup. The only way to know is to try out the other set. As others have said, make sure you bias the output tubes. Hope you achieve tonal nirvana!!! Once you find the tube type you prefer, you can focus on specific manufacturer :p

I got one of these from eBay years ago and it works great. I even stuck my Diezel sticker right over the middle. Looks cooler :cool:

https://www.actition.net/actition-universal-midi-controllers

KB8qHG2h.jpg

I'm sure some others will chime in with what they use.
Hey Dude,, thanks so much about the pedal.. I just got it & plug it right up & it works great!! I didn't have to do anything just plug & play!! I am soo excited!! Finally get to try out my new to me VH4 in a band setting!! Nice collection by the way,, you have about as many amps as me.. But,, I an new to the Diezel.. But,, I am loving it.. I might get another model.

Hello again.. The new foot switch I bought,, thanks to a member here,, works great!! Just plug & play.. Anyway,, that same member I believe has a VH4 with a Blue Face plate.. Is there anyway I could purchase a Blue face plate for my VH4??

G'day Mike, yes it's one of the 2011 blue face reissues. The silver face below in the pic is a 2010 and the only difference between the two is cosmetics, and that the Silver has GT KT77's and the Blueface has 6L6's in them.
Glad to read that the footswitch worked for you. I really like mine. To be honest I would have liked a proper Diezel Columbus but they're impossible find down here in Aus and too expensive for me to get one imported in.

Hey folks! I have a number of diezels over the years and once again, regret selling my last VH4.

Some one I know has one from 12/2022 with EL34’s for sale.

Thoughts on how it might sound? I’m a total tube noob so I really don’t know what is what. My VHX and last VH4 had KT77’s. I mainly play chug chug Metallica fanboy stuff at home.

Also was thinking of getting and doing the 6550 tube mod.

Thoughts?

Thanks folks!

I'm a few months late in replying. I hope you've found one. Mine from the early 2000's came stock with EH EL34 power tubes. It sounded great with those. I also liked Sovtek 6L6s in it also. I tried all sorts of power tubes in it. Those were my two favorites at the time.

I'm a few months late in replying. I hope you've found one. Mine from the early 2000's came stock with EH EL34 power tubes. It sounded great with those. I also liked Sovtek 6L6s in it also. I tried all sorts of power tubes in it. Those were my two favorites at the time.
No worries!

I got a mint VH4 with 6L6's and LOVE it. Now I want to put 6L6 tubes in my VHX.

The 6550 has a screen grid voltage of 300 volts and your amp has 500 volts. Have fun with your "mod".
Hi Peter,
i want to finally get my first Diezel amp this year. Are these VH Mini amps for real and where do I get one? This would be the perfect Diezel amp for me. The VH4 is simply too much for my use.
A VH2 with lower wattage and/or in a smaller head shell would be just perfect!

Thank you for creating such amazing amps!

IMG_3445.jpeg
IMG_3447.jpeg
IMG_3446.jpeg

Last edited:
Back