Favorite VH brown sound in a pedal solutions?

IMG_0898.jpeg

😍

day 1 iphone clips running Lion Brown mode into Eggie IE 4 Ch 3 already set pretty crunchy. the Lion gives me the extra depth of gain and tone controls to fine tune my rig’s brown sound in a way that makes me happy!

It's hard to hear in your clips but the 68 lion does seem to retain some of the bright crunchy goodness of a plexi and sounds quite amplike and not as digital as most do.

Usually one can tell right away if something works or not....is this your VH pedal in a box solution for you?

It's hard to hear in your clips but the 68 lion does seem to retain some of the bright crunchy goodness of a plexi and sounds quite amplike and not as digital as most do.

Usually one can tell right away if something works or not....is this your VH pedal in a box solution for you?
it’s really nice and exactly what i was looking for to fine tune my vh type tone in my rig. the chords sound browner, and i can play leads easily with the extra grease using that tone and not feel like it’s too thin or skinny.

it’s really nice and exactly what i was looking for to fine tune my vh type tone in my rig. the chords sound browner, and i can play leads easily with the extra grease using that tone and not feel like it’s too thin or skinny.
That's great you found something that works for the setup you are running....all the more better since it isn't a $200 dollar pedal!

It sounds good in your clips so it looks like a winner all around! Congrats!:2thumbsup:

Check it out… what Fender amp is that ?View attachment 298260
wow eddie’s vinnie vincent era!
no clue on that amp but it looks solid state.

had a weird moment wth my Lion pedal last night. was testing out the app with factory presets and all of a sudden i loaded a preset and everything sounded weird and harsh and the magic was gone no matter what i did.
i tried loadng some user presets i stored previously and same thing.
after about a half hour of tripping i discovered my eggie ie4 had spontaneously changed channels on me from ch 3 marshall sound to ch 2 fender clean! went back to ch 3 and magic was back.

crisis averted!

@mentoneman - sick tones man :yes: Congrats!

I have an old Crunch Box (V2 I think). It does one awesome sound and thats it. - the JCM 800, Gary Moore, rip your head off late 80s crunch.

Ive tried to coax old VH out of it, but you cant, it sounds like the Angry Charlie pedals (I think they were based on it). Theres a mid hump thing going on and the loose highs arent there. The Wampler Pinnacle is a better fit.

For me, Im using a Bad Monkey into an OCD which gets a lot closer. But Im playing it into a Mark series boogie, which doesnt help matters.
I got rid of the Crunch Box a long time ago. Just....too much. I've since got a Surh Koko and SD-1, and still much prefer my old trusty Bad Monkey :LOL:

Could it be a drip edge Bandmaster non-reverb?
My very first venture into amp modding was a BF Bandmaster non-reverb. It had a blown output transformer. Those amps had 2x6L6 and teeny weeny output transformers. I wonder how many Ed went thru? He said in interviews they didn’t last long but he’d just go get another one…and plug the speaker cable into the wrong jack.

He probably was just playing it cranked in that pic. They werent that loud…35 watts and that may have been a stretch.

So you know Zachman - what's he been up to? Does he still have his shop and all his cool amps?
just talked to him yesterday. he closed hot licks and moved to Arizona a few years ago but visited here last month. he still has some cool amps including the cameron atomica, rockstah modded 45/100, etc but sold his simul coli III and lots of grail rack stuff ( 2290/1210/tristereo).

Back