Friedman Naked Mk II

Fordman65":e43kdh1l said:
sutepaj":e43kdh1l said:
panhead":e43kdh1l said:
When did people start playing guitar like it was a set of drums? lol

Usually when people aren't very good or creative, they end up just down tuning and chug. They don't bother with melody or phrasing, but that's because they don't know what it is. I mean if that's what they enjoy then more power to them, but buying $4000 amps and $3000 guitars just to palm mute open drop C chords is pretty absurd if you think about it.

So by this logic, if all I want to do is chug in C, I should somehow be confined to playing something along the lines of a Marshall MG and maybe an Indonesian made guitar? Nothing nice for me! :thumbsdown:

A guitar is one of the most expressive musical tools out there, yet guitar players are some of the most judgmental, exclusive pricks you'll ever come across. Dude can buy, play, whore out whatever gear he wants in my book. Don't know about his personality, don't care. Don't care if his videos sound good or bad. He's listed as a Friedman endorsed artist, so clearly he's doing something right.

I should probably get to selling my Wizard now, since I'm not worthy. :thumbsup:

Actually, some of the guys might be better off with a cheap guitar and an MG. It's funny, I have seen guys with what you consider "not nice" gear play circles and have better tone than the guys who suck and flip amps in some mystical quest for a holy grail tone they will never have..never admitting to themselves that their playing is what they really don't like. I mean why not invest in lessons? Makes more sense to me. Anyway... it seems like my comment hit a little too close to home, didn't mean to offend you. I mean, if you just palm mute chug all day, drop tuned, so many amps can do that. Maybe you should sell your Wizard, because you probably don't need it to do that but hey, it's your money.

sutepaj":2t14e9b8 said:
Fordman65":2t14e9b8 said:
sutepaj":2t14e9b8 said:
panhead":2t14e9b8 said:

Usually when people aren't very good or creative, they end up just down tuning and chug. They don't bother with melody or phrasing, but that's because they don't know what it is. I mean if that's what they enjoy then more power to them, but buying $4000 amps and $3000 guitars just to palm mute open drop C chords is pretty absurd if you think about it.

So by this logic, if all I want to do is chug in C, I should somehow be confined to playing something along the lines of a Marshall MG and maybe an Indonesian made guitar? Nothing nice for me! :thumbsdown:

A guitar is one of the most expressive musical tools out there, yet guitar players are some of the most judgmental, exclusive pricks you'll ever come across. Dude can buy, play, whore out whatever gear he wants in my book. Don't know about his personality, don't care. Don't care if his videos sound good or bad. He's listed as a Friedman endorsed artist, so clearly he's doing something right.

I should probably get to selling my Wizard now, since I'm not worthy. :thumbsup:

Actually, some of the guys might be better off with a cheap guitar and an MG. It's funny, I have seen guys with what you consider "not nice" gear play circles and have better tone than the guys who suck and flip amps in some mystical quest for a holy grail tone they will never have..never admitting to themselves that their playing is what they really don't like. I mean why not invest in lessons? Makes more sense to me. Anyway... it seems like my comment hit a little too close to home, didn't mean to offend you. I mean, if you just palm mute chug all day, drop tuned, so many amps can do that. Maybe you should sell your Wizard, because you probably don't need it to do that but hey, it's your money.

Actually, I never drop tune. Standard 440 for me 95% of the time, with a lttle Eb mixed in at times. So no, didn't hit close to home for me at all. Regardless, you're right, it is my money and I'll spend it however I wish. I'm just pointing out that your logic is pretty narrow minded and judgmental. But hey, that's what the internet is all about. Good on ya.

sutepaj":3g9rx0x9 said:
Fordman65":3g9rx0x9 said:
sutepaj":3g9rx0x9 said:
panhead":3g9rx0x9 said:

OUCH.....

sutepaj":15zw3tbd said:
Fordman65":15zw3tbd said:
sutepaj":15zw3tbd said:
panhead":15zw3tbd said:

Hahaha. There's some truth to this. My Pop-pop could do more with a cheap Harmony and Fender Dual Showman than I can do. He had the Travis picking, Jerry Reed, Chet Atkins stuff down.
I've seen guys play Epiphone or Squier through cheap as amps and sound phenomenal.
We're on a gear forum for a reason.

But hey, lemme know if that Wizard comes up for sale!

I can see already that this thread is going to need more cats.

02xwbBs.gif

That amp wasn’t made for chugging. It’s really quite musical and has a specific place. I had an old Naked modded Marshall. Great amp but not metal.

All I can say is if you have played 100 watts cranked to right before power tube saturation and chugged and it didn't change your life, then you keep playing your dad rock. I salute you.

RedPlated":zszdg3d4 said:
Alnico Creams:

Sounds better in this demo. He seems to use really exotic speakers that i have no clue of. Redbacks and Creambacks.

How do those speakers compare to Greenbacks?

Thunkful":p80c8rga said:
RedPlated":p80c8rga said:
Alnico Creams:

Sounds better in this demo. He seems to use really exotic speakers that i have no clue of. Redbacks and Creambacks.

I listened to all three, paused back to back to back, and when the settings looked similar. I gotta say: Alnico Cream > Redback > V30 for me.

Amp seamed to be tighter, crisper, more articulate and handle the gain best with the Alnico Creams. I dig V30s and Redbacks and was thinking to pair those two.

Good hard rock sound in that last clip.

Thunkful":30xta3jo said:
RedPlated":30xta3jo said:
Alnico Creams:

Redbacks are a bit like K100s with a bit more mids so the EQ is quite a bit different.

Back