Friedman Naked Mk II

Actually, I never drop tune. Standard 440 for me 95% of the time, with a lttle Eb mixed in at times. So no, didn't hit close to home for me at all. Regardless, you're right, it is my money and I'll spend it however I wish. I'm just pointing out that your logic is pretty narrow minded and judgmental. But hey, that's what the internet is all about. Good on ya.
So you chug in 440. Ok, that’s totally different.
You say a guitar is one of the most expressive musical tools out there and then vigorously defend ones right to chug open C on a $4000 amp. That’s gold, Jerry, gold!!!! :hys:

These amps really shine if you add a 2.7k resistor in series with the 10k power node resistor that feeds the preamp to drop the voltage from about 390v to 370v at the Phase Inverter node. The stock 390v is a bit too much and can make the amp sound fuzzy or unfocused. I added a push pull pot in place of the middle tone control that lets me bypass the 2.7k when pulled, so I can have both tones available. I much prefer the amp with the 2.7k in circuit.

Here's a sound sample without the saturation switch engaged in the back, but with the 370v mod in circuit:

On the Metropolous built Naked heads there's a clipped turret below the 10k resistor that you can use to add the second node resistor to. Then just use a CTS DPST push pull pot for the switch in place of the mid pot. Use the side tabs on the pot housing to reattach the ground buss.

P11309042.png

Too much gain and sometimes bottom end for a rhythm tone IMHO. That could easily be tweaked out though. Overall, it doesn't sound bad.
I agree. The first playing is fuzzy and sounds like staind break the cycle tone. But then he tightens it up. I would use less gain and push presence. I bet it is fun to play and sounds better in person

Back