Getting ready for the Austin TX show this weekend...........

johnnyjellybean":1wgcaeii said:
............ in the studio crankin the Wizards to 5-7 on the master! :LOL: :LOL:
Sorry.... did you say something?
Have the Master on 7 and turn it against East and I might hear ya. :D

Steve, play that mc-100 at the ampfest and let know how it sounds. I will need that amp when you are done. My wizard went up in smoke tonite. :cry: I knew I should not have played that country tune even if I was messing around. :LOL: :LOL:

Hollywood":1f4vskij said:
Steve, play that mc-100 at the ampfest and let know how it sounds. I will need that amp when you are done. My wizard went up in smoke tonite. :cry: I knew I should not have played that country tune even if I was messing around. :LOL: :LOL:
Dude, Did your Wizard really crap out? What happened?

Playing it with the volume on around say no more than 4 and had it on lead boost and lead gain channel and I noticed a volume drop and after a quick check on the les paul volume control went into the other room where the half stack was and I looked and I heard crackling and popping and hissing and the amp had bright really bright orange and red lights coming out of it from the side handle holes, the vents everywhere.
like special effects in a horror movie. Befor I could reach the power cut off the amp went dead. smoke rolling out of it etc.. when my family got home they asked what I burnt up on the stove. :LOL: :LOL: :yes: I called Josh and he said not to worry it would get taken care of . I looked into the back of the amp after it stopped smoking and the tubes are basically nuclear left overs at this point. :cry: I just hope it has nothing to do with an internal power problem or a tranny. :doh: Brah, 4 to 5 hours and now this.. I need a new lucky rabbits foot or a damn lotto ticket.

Hollywood":i7cb2tqh said:
I heard crackling and popping and hissing and the amp had bright really bright orange and red lights coming out of it from the side handle holes, the vents everywhere.
like special effects in a horror movie. Befor I could reach the power cut off the amp went dead. smoke rolling out of it etc.. when my family got home they asked what I burnt up on the stove. :LOL: :LOL: :yes:

Sounds like my Mesa meltdown a couple years ago. Hopefully its just the tubes and that they didn't take out any other parts.

Hollywood":14r8g7vp said:
Playing it with the volume on around say no more than 4 and had it on lead boost and lead gain channel and I noticed a volume drop and after a quick check on the les paul volume control went into the other room where the half stack was and I looked and I heard crackling and popping and hissing and the amp had bright really bright orange and red lights coming out of it from the side handle holes, the vents everywhere.
like special effects in a horror movie. Befor I could reach the power cut off the amp went dead. smoke rolling out of it etc.. when my family got home they asked what I burnt up on the stove. :LOL: :LOL: :yes: I called Josh and he said not to worry it would get taken care of . I looked into the back of the amp after it stopped smoking and the tubes are basically nuclear left overs at this point. :cry: I just hope it has nothing to do with an internal power problem or a tranny. :doh: Brah, 4 to 5 hours and now this.. I need a new lucky rabbits foot or a damn lotto ticket.

Dude that sucks :cry: . That 40mA bias may have cooked one of them JJ's. Slap a new quad in and hopefully she fires (n pun intended) up :thumbsup: . Check your fuses too. Hopefully everything under the chassis is good to go and no crispy parts.

Steve

:confused: I pulled the fuses and I had a 2 amp fuse where it should have been a 2 amp fuse. The HT fuse if I am not mistaken. Then I had an 8 amp fuse where I should have a 4 amp fuse. This fuse was blown to hell the glass has no visibility and it is milky white and black. :LOL: :LOL: Yeah, I know not funny huh?

I just checked my fuses in my MC100. I have a 2 amp where it should be but the main is an 8 amp and it should be a 4 amp. I just e mailed Wizard and hope to get an answere on this. If anyone heard from them about this please let me know. The fuse is over current protection and by having a higher amperage in it could cause problems.

:confused: I have been really busy and have not even had a chance to shoot Wizard an e-mail. Josh said it would be monday before he could talk with them. Josh called me right away when this happened last nite and then called me two more times after that. :thumbsup:
I have been thinking this whole deal over and I may just opt to box this amp up and send her back. reason being that what with all these stupid I guess guys call them roberts fastners in the back and I have not opened this amp up, therefore I am excused from any blame at this point and this amp has 4 maybe, maybe 5 hours on it total.
this due to the fact I was supposed to already have the 2nd Wizard to me and I was seriously thinking I may send this one packing anyway so I wanted to minimize the use on it.
Good faith and being courteous to whom ever may have bought this amp.
So as I was saying , I just stop.
SPEND NONE OF MY MONEY, NOT A DOLLAR, TAKE NO RISK OF BLAME AND FORE GO ANY RISK , that I may have an amp that is a sqeeker. ;)
But then I guess that leaves me facing a long azz wait for a new amp. And that fucking sux! :yes: :LOL: :LOL: But I got my health at the moment so there! :yes:

I have had 2 Wizards and both had an 8 fuse where it stated a 4 went. Interesting and would like to hear back about this as well..

Hollywood":3iznahxa said:
:confused: I have been really busy and have not even had a chance to shoot Wizard an e-mail. Josh said it would be monday before he could talk with them. Josh called me right away when this happened last nite and then called me two more times after that. :thumbsup:
I have been thinking this whole deal over and I may just opt to box this amp up and send her back. reason being that what with all these stupid I guess guys call them roberts fastners in the back and I have not opened this amp up, therefore I am excused from any blame at this point and this amp has 4 maybe, maybe 5 hours on it total.
this due to the fact I was supposed to already have the 2nd Wizard to me and I was seriously thinking I may send this one packing anyway so I wanted to minimize the use on it.
Good faith and being courteous to whom ever may have bought this amp.
So as I was saying , I just stop.
SPEND NONE OF MY MONEY, NOT A DOLLAR, TAKE NO RISK OF BLAME AND FORE GO ANY RISK , that I may have an amp that is a sqeeker. ;)
But then I guess that leaves me facing a long azz wait for a new amp. And that fucking sux! :yes: :LOL: :LOL: But I got my health at the moment so there! :yes:
Here's my opinion. If I were you I would box that bitch up and get a full refund. Just wait for the other one you have on order to come in. I would compare it to buying a new car and the engine blows up. Even if the company puts a new engine in it you still have a car that had a defect. So now its considered a repaired car that was not built right.

I just checked the fuses in my MC, as stated in a few previous posts there is an 8A fuse where it says a 4A is supposed to go. It would be really nice to hear from Wizard about this.

I am wondering this guys. What if Wizard runs an 8 amp fuse in the mains spot but the chassis face plates they use are printed incorrect for their use, maybe due to vendor error when a deal was made for buying the face plates in bulk for example ? Just curious.. :confused:

I bought my Wizard from TTosh. Fedex dropped it during shipping. When I powered it up a tube arc'd and shot the voltage right through that 8 amp ceramic slow burn to my OT and cooked it. I emaled Tim a little suspect. Can you blame me? The only reason a fuse of that value should be in the mains is if an amp had a problem and was blowing the correct 4amp fuse. Tim, I am sorry about that Bro. Seriously. I PM'd a couple of guys about that fuse and they changed it to a glass quick burn 4a. Rick will replace your amp no doubt about it. Rick and I weren't on the best of sides, but one thing I can tell you is he will come through. He's a no bullshit person. No mistake the 8a is factory. Wizard told me they overfuse these amps. I don't know why. If a tube arcs Bye Bye tranny.Luckily I powered down immediately as soon as I heard a strange noise. Too late for my OT but no fireworks display and cooked screen resistors, board, sockets, etc. BYW, Rick fixed it. He will stand behind the amp. You may have to wait if he is on tour. That's why he charges what he does. Because he can only build six months a year. This amp is a great amp but could also be so much better with a high gain grounding design, a standard loop, and a little bit more power filtering. Then we're talkin.

If an amp takes a 4A fuse for 110-120V input, it should take an 8A for 220V. I am wondering if there is some mix up there if Wizard is putting out two input power versions of the amp. Seems all of our Wizards shipped with an 8A mains fuse. Mine is a 4A Slo Blo now. Not sure what was in the HT, as it was not marked, but I replaced it with a 2A Fast Blo. Many manufacturers mark the back of the amp with the proper mains fuse size for variable voltages.

Steve

I fully understand that Wizard will take care of it. I guess for me I actually liked this amp from start, I had another one coming with a variation to it from what I had and was gonna do an AB comparision and at the very least keep which ever one I liked the best, or keep both.
but now in light of thse circumstances I may have just had my choices made for me and the worst part is I was already fatigued on the wait for the incoming amp and now I may have another long wait for another amp to follow this one.
I am not sure I am gonna pull anymore time for one of these . I really wanted to just have a ,
buy a product and enjoy experience but one thing has led to another and I find myself on a damn roller coaster. Bad luck or no, this is fucking frustrating. I have very little free time due to being a business owner, father, and responsible american. :LOL: :LOL:
The last thing I wanna do is spend it all trying to blow best wishes into the air like bubbles in hopes that this amp will be okay ....JUST BECAUSE I LIKED IT AND IT IS A WIZARD. :) I guess nothing happens on a week end so we are in sit tight mode and post and bullshit till monday. :LOL: :LOL:

Rick needs to get on back here and show his constituents some love :inlove:

We got questions!

Hell, Angus doesn't need an amp tech anyway. One Super Lead with everything dimed, a cable and a guitar. And, judging from when I saw them last April in London, an oxygen bottle.

Steve

Back