Getting ready for the Austin TX show this weekend...........

I think the Marsha, Wizard MC's and PT100's are all overpriced, but the demand keeps them where they are. Those three amps to me have the best tones to be had in the market today. This of course is just my opinion. I know the Bogners, Diezels, etc.. all are great, but the three above seem to capture the essence of the tone in my head based on owning two of the three and hearing clips of all three of them.

I like the simplistic design of the Marsha and the Modern Classic. The PT100 was a great amp with some cool features. By far the best overall clean channel I have ever heard on a channel switching amp. And to be fair the PT100 has quite a few features that warrant the price, so maybe it is not fair to lump it in with the other two.

Again just my .02

:thumbsup: Surely all the amps you just mentioned are Upper level. I think all are worth owning yet like anyone it just feels better to get them at the best deal possible and for less if it can be done. I have not owned the PT-100 but I have heard the amp and it is surely worth running. Hey, you got your cabs yet ? Which color scheme and speakers ya get ? :confused:

Hollywood":ni1gxhk7 said:
:thumbsup: Surely all the amps you just mentioned are Upper level. I think all are worth owning yet like anyone it just feels better to get them at the best deal possible and for less if it can be done. I have not owned the PT-100 but I have heard the amp and it is surely worth running. Hey, you got your cabs yet ? Which color scheme and speakers ya get ? :confused:

Both Black/Gold with Rock 20s, 2x12 here, 4x12 coming. May put 2 Scumbacks in the 4x12 for a mix with rock 20s, but so far really digging the rock 20s with the Wizard.

:rock: :rock: :rock:

Attachments

• IMG_0172.JPG
    IMG_0172.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 776
Jay Strange":rvnxwkn8 said:
parntz145":rvnxwkn8 said:
Me too for your sake. I like the amp but way overpriced for what you get. I am going to wait for the used market for this one.

As compared to the Wizard? How much do you get with that as compared to a fully loaded
Marsha? For me the Marsha is worth every penny and them much more.
The tone and feel are perfect for what I expect in a bad ass Marshall.
Don't get me wrong the Wizards sound KILLER and I'll own one someday,
maybe a Metal when they're rereleased :thumbsup: :rock:

Fuck, they are all overpriced....but, they are pretty cool to own for us amp whores :D but so are houses, cars, groceries, whores, pot, gasoline and everything else :confused:

My best deals to date is an 81 JMP 2203 for $900 and a Marshall Super Bass for $1100 and a 50 watt JCM 800 2204 for $850 with Voodoo mod. My best all time deal is a Mesa Mark III Red Stripe Simulclass for $640. The IIC+ for $2000 wasn't too bad either. Dollar for dollar, these are the best deals per watt of tone!

Steve

Back