How Old are Ya Guys?

59, a "freeze dried" late 70's classic rocker with real tube amps., fuck modulars and SS amps.
Started playing Bass at 19 then a few years later switched to guitar because most guitarist at that time was switching to poser metal playing leads faster than a typewriter.
I learned then and still believe, it's what you say on guitar not how fast you can play scales.

33 years young. As someone else said earlier though, I feel much older lol I've always hated that phrase "You're only as old as you feel" really backfires for me. Need to start doing yoga and be more Jagger-esque!

This is my first post here. I wanted to post in the Classifieds looking to buy something, but it says I don’t have sufficient privledges or something. What do I have to do to gain access?

This is my first post here. I wanted to post in the Classifieds looking to buy something, but it says I don’t have sufficient privledges or something. What do I have to do to gain access?
Welcome Jordon. Like the Rule says, you have to have 50 posts in the forums in order to Buy Sell Trade or PM. That is to protect our members. We've had some pretty good Bots lately as well as hacked accounts and your general scammers. The idea is for you new people to contribute first. And not just post "Cool" 50 times :LOL:

You'll get there soon enough :yes:

Last edited:
Welcome Jordon. Like the Rule says, you have to have 50 posts in the forums in order to Buy Sell Trade or PM. That is to protect our members. We've had some pretty good Bots lately as well as hacked accounts and your general scammers. The idea is for you new people to contribute first. And not "Cool" 50 times :LOL:

You'll get there soon enough :yes:
Ahh I see. I was looking to see if anyone had any Vintage Inspired Pickups 550k short shaft pots. Which apparently are as hard to find as as a needle in a haystack!

Ahh I see. I was looking to see if anyone had any Vintage Inspired Pickups 550k short shaft pots. Which apparently are as hard to find as as a needle in a haystack!
Well, there are some pretty smart pickup dudes here @scottosan etc so if you run into something and need me to PM someone for ya' I can do that.

VIP pots are made by Bourns for what it’s worth.the construction is pretty close to what can be bought from mouser

I joined the US NAVY 5 years after Vietnam. All my Division Officers & NCO's were active duty Vietnam Vets and not happy campers.
They were still flying F-8's / F-4's / A-4's / A-6's / A-7's ect.
No women were allowed on ships or as Naval Aviators.
And the Marines ran the ships Brig, don't ask me how i know lol.
Aviation Ordnanceman at U.S. NAVY CV-64
Pacific / Indian Oceans / Persian Gulf. AO onboard CV-64 G-1 DIV WEAPONS DEPT. Ships Armory, Weapons Magazines, Weapons Elevators. Magazine Sprinkler Systems & Fire Alarm Suppression. Special Weapons Security with U.S. MARINE DETACHMENT CV-64. M-14 Line Gunner. Diego Garcia / Cubi Point NAS [tad]. Subic Bay Philippines, Fire Fighter Duty [tad]. Aircraft & Shipboard Fire Fighting School. "its not just a job".

Last edited:
Back