Inbound: Custom Plexi Wizard Modern Classic Head & 4x12 Cab

steve_k":1f2ibr7v said:
joshsage":1f2ibr7v said:
steve_k":1f2ibr7v said:
My new MC100 leaving 601 and headed to me now....Josh had a romp on it for me before heading this way. The matching cab came too but will be along in a couple weeks.

Steve

662 brother!!! We changed like 15 years ago. Mississippi is growing haha

no shit? no wonder all these stump-jumpers over here don't answer to 601 anymore! :D

steve

look here 966-55-whatever , you must have been gone way too long. 601 is Jackson, MS area

joshsage":38hbardr said:
steve_k":38hbardr said:
joshsage":38hbardr said:
steve_k":38hbardr said:
My new MC100 leaving 601 and headed to me now....Josh had a romp on it for me before heading this way. The matching cab came too but will be along in a couple weeks.

Steve

662 brother!!! We changed like 15 years ago. Mississippi is growing haha

no shit? no wonder all these stump-jumpers over here don't answer to 601 anymore! :D

steve

look here 966-55-whatever , you must have been gone way too long. 601 is Jackson, MS area

oh yes, the mason-dixon line must run along the boundary between 601 and 662 :D

:confused: I had the hardest time with 911. :LOL: :LOL: Finally figured out it was a help prefix. Darn cops and Emt personel kept showing up. :lame:

;) Congrats on your amps journey being swift. Out of respect for you and not wanting you to lose it :LOL: :LOL: I have refrained about my unbearable happiness...[cough,cough] or unmentioned feelings on mine arriving here already. :LOL: :LOL: You gotta tell about this outpost you are living at. I am curious. ;)

steve_k":38khna30 said:
Hope to have the Wizard in here tonight. It is sitting in Customs right now.

Steve

Awesome ! Start with your most vintage speakers first, then work your way up :thumbsup:
Looking forward to the review.

Hollywood":5xso693x said:
;) Congrats on your amps journey being swift. Out of respect for you and not wanting you to lose it :LOL: :LOL: I have refrained about my unbearable happiness...[cough,cough] or unmentioned feelings on mine arriving here already. :LOL: :LOL: You gotta tell about this outpost you are living at. I am curious. ;)

+1 for being such a player and not bragging. Hell, I thought it was you that caused the earthquake around Eureka :D

Steve

thegame":ecw8tsai said:
steve_k":ecw8tsai said:
Hope to have the Wizard in here tonight. It is sitting in Customs right now.

Steve

Awesome ! Start with your most vintage speakers first, then work your way up :thumbsup:
Looking forward to the review.

Plenty of cabs, but about all the same. But, my Wizard 4x12 with the Rock 20's in it will be along in a couple weeks. Then, the 2 cabs I ordered from David Mills last week will be along in a month or so. Got a 4x12 Afterburner Straight loaded with H30's for some creamy smooth leads/mids and a 2x12 to sit under it loaded with G12K100's to bring out some bottom. Covered in red tolex with black grills. They are gonna be sick....

Steve

This rig arrives today on the east coast. :thumbsup:

I am on the west coast till Sunday so... :thumbsdown: :LOL: :LOL:

No worries loving SoCal so it will be not to hard to wait till next week to rock Ricks creation for me. :rock:

The Wiz MC100 is here. Jeez what an amp. Got it home, plugged it into a front loaded Diezel 4x12 with V30's (US model). I am having some hearing issues at the moment (what?). This thing just absolutely blows me away - as well as anything in its wake. Went straight to the "holy shit" mode with the lead gain up and am just in tonal bliss. Matter of fact, I may have wet myself...

Here's a few iPhone pics. Fuzzy, but you get the picture. Dial settings are:

Presence - 7
Bass - 6
Mid - 2
Treb - 6
Lead Master - 2
Lead Gain - 8 (pulled)
Rhythm - who needs it?

Big thanks to Josh for making the recommendation to me on the Wizard, and which to get - and for making sure it was outfitted as I wanted. This black/gold on the MC with the chicken head knobs is just too cool for school man. And, it is so easy to dial in. Just a few twists and I was there.

Rick St. Pierre has got it going on. I haven't even had a peek under the hood yet. Don't really care what tubes, transformer or anything else that's in it. It is good to go as it is.

Steve

Attachments

• IMG_0064.JPG
    IMG_0064.JPG
    229.8 KB · Views: 551
  • IMG_0063.JPG
    IMG_0063.JPG
    241 KB · Views: 559
Back