Is this cab fixable? Updated with inside pics and updated again with progress pics

Regular wood screws will work well. If you are going to screw through tolex get black ones so they'll be less noticeable. And YES predrill pilot holes for the screws. Otherwise you'll end up splitting the plywood.

Could actually use a smaller bit for the pilot, then a slightly larger bit than the screw head to run in just a little bit so you could counter sink the screw heads without having to compress any of the wood. I would def peel back the tolex first so you get a pro looking repair. 3M makes a pretty good fabric glue for fixing the tolex.

Wouldn't you have to screw the brackets in?
From the inside like SpiderWars said. Something like this. Make sure the screws aren't too long where they would poke out the other side.

1712687009418.png

What type of screws would you guys recommend? My buddy who does some woodworking also mentioned a couple of headless nails to act as the staples that are used on this cab after he took a look at it.

I went with clamps and titebond 3, seems to have lined right back up but I do think I want to add a couple of screws or nails. I just don't know exactly what kind I would need.

Will let it sit for a full 24 hours although I want to plug it in now.

Looks good.
I usually take long but thin screws like 1 3/4 length and 1/8 in diameter. You could even go up to 2“ length.
Torx screws (6-point star-shaped) work best to drill them deeper than the wood surface, if you want to do it the way as in my pictures.
Leading hole diameter should be around 70% of the screw diameter

Back