Is this cab fixable? Updated with inside pics and updated again with progress pics

quick fix ........ glue and clamp .....

to really fix it .....I would strip the tolex .... drill holes and use dowels to reattach ...

or counter sink some screws then plug the holes ... sand and re tolex ...
Good advice. And I would add, if using screws pre-drill with slightly smaller bit to avoid splis. which would make a dang mess of things. Some good long pipe clamps and hefty dose of titebond II will make it good again, asides the tolex damage. Excess glue can be cleaned up easy with a warm, wet rag.

1711845743787.png
1711845764363.png
1711845865883.png

This funk'n forum is always nuts. Cab repair to cheeto lip balm. :ROFLMAO:
OP, if you end up sending it back to sweetwater you should tape a bag of cheetos inside the cab first. Put a fake autograph on the bag first. Like lead belly or something. Sooner than later we'll probably see a "someone broke into my house and put cheeto dust all over my speakers" thread.

This funk'n forum is always nuts. Cab repair to cheeto lip balm. :ROFLMAO:
OP, if you end up sending it back to sweetwater you should tape a bag of cheetos inside the cab first. Put a fake autograph on the bag first. Like lead belly or something. Sooner than later we'll probably see a "someone broke into my house and put cheeto dust all over my speakers" thread.
At this point I think I'm just going to take a giant steaming turd, put it in a paper bag and stuff that inside

A corner board cut at 45 degrees(Inside the cab, then a Reverse piece outside the cab corner. No need for some long ass pipe clamp.
Just use a quick release clamp.

sz8JXiL.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry about the kindergarten drawing.

Clamp where I drew the arrows.

Better yet, Look up "corner clamping" on YouTube.
Will definitely look into that as well thank you.

And no im not actually going to poop in the cab, I would bet it's on UPS and not Sweetwater anyway. Would find it hard to believe the cab leaving SW like that and them saying it's in great shape.

Will definitely look into that as well thank you.

And no im not actually going to poop in the cab, I would bet it's on UPS and not Sweetwater anyway. Would find it hard to believe the cab leaving SW like that and them saying it's in great shape.
Yeah, Sweetwater is pretty good with stuff like that. GC on the other hand probably would have marked it as brand new and also a wah pedal.

Not falling for that again. Last time I got a pallet of Cheetos lip balm and expired Wendys coupons.
I contacted bostich over a warranty issue with a tool set. The gears in my ratchet got stripped out…my fault…I was working on my truck.anyway I called them and they replaced it. Few days later I get a call from a trucking company about a pallet of ratchets from bostich. I bet someone got their ass ripped over that fuck up.

Got my cab in the mail today and what a bummer. Just my luck. Very annoying, the thing is falling apart but it still sounds really good. I can't imagine that giant split not affecting the sound though. What do you guys think?

I have to wait 2 days to see what Sweetwater is going to say but maybe if they offer a VERY large refund and this thing is fixable I'd keep it?

https://imgbb.com/

Man that's some serious damage. How was the cab packed and did you take pix of the shipping carton and packing materials? My guess is it was shipped in only a cardboard box with no or minimal internal protection, which is usually a recipe for disasters just like your shipment.

The cabinet needs to have the rear panel, speakers, handles, and if possible, the baffle removed to determine the full extent of the damage. It is possible that corner is not the only one to take a serious hit-there may be damage to other sides of the cabinet that are concealed by the tolex.

Good luck!

Man that's some serious damage. How was the cab packed and did you take pix of the shipping carton and packing materials? My guess is it was shipped in only a cardboard box with no or minimal internal protection, which is usually a recipe for disasters just like your shipment.

The cabinet needs to have the rear panel, speakers, handles, and if possible, the baffle removed to determine the full extent of the damage. It is possible that corner is not the only one to take a serious hit-there may be damage to other sides of the cabinet that are concealed by the tolex.

Good luck!
It has this foam protector on top and bottom.

Back