Joe Bonamassa Cradle Rock Pickups review is live!!!@

Solid demo Stevie, real thorough. Minimal talk and lots of playing time. A real good sounding set of strat pickups. I know a lot of players bag on Bonamassa but I love the guy. He's really kept blues in the spotlight which has helped me put some meat on the table so I gotta deal of respect for the man. He's a great player!

Looking forward to the OD demo of the pickups. Thanks for sharing.

Well when you endorse $300 epi's all the way up to 3 million dollar LP's and every pedal ever made its kinda hard to take the guys word. At least for me.
I wouldn't wanna pay his taxes.
Its clear he cant turn away any endorsement.
I already am living "the dream" sorry.

Well when you endorse $300 epi's all the way up to 3 million dollar LP's and every pedal ever made its kinda hard to take the guys word. At least for me.
I wouldn't wanna pay his taxes.
Its clear he cant turn away any endorsement.
I already am living "the dream" sorry.
Cool which Epi has your name on it?

no habla' ... oh you mean the slave labor chinese sweatshop guitars ?
no comprenda'
He's got a marketing machine behind him so it's not surprising. I do sometimes think to myself "what guitar gear won't he put his name on". Like I said though, he keeps blues in the spotlight, has probably the highest profile of any blues rocker, and that helps me out cause it familiarizes more people with music I like to do so I can't spite the guy for it. Probably not what I would do in terms of endorsements but no one threw a check in front of my face and asked me either haha. I could use the dough right now things is tight.

joe is a shill ---
Interesting.

Are you one of those Joe haters at TGP/TDPRI that doesn't like Joe just because he didn't have to do much to obtain millions and an insane guitar collection? Even so, Joe's products are phenomenal, nobody can deny that... unless well, unless they simply can't afford to try it themselves

Solid demo Stevie, real thorough. Minimal talk and lots of playing time. A real good sounding set of strat pickups. I know a lot of players bag on Bonamassa but I love the guy. He's really kept blues in the spotlight which has helped me put some meat on the table so I gotta deal of respect for the man. He's a great player!

Looking forward to the OD demo of the pickups. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks! I'm trying to talk less and play more in my videos, I find I'm always saying "I'll let you decide" but then I have a hard time not throwing my two cents in lol

Then why did you come in here? Just to throw the guy under the bus?
Amen, anyone with half a brain realizes the only way to make decent money playing guitar nowadays is to take control of your brand. But then again, SD doesn't strike me as a very cerebral guy.

Are you one of those Joe haters at TGP/TDPRI that doesn't like Joe just because he didn't have to do much to obtain millions and an insane guitar collection?
I dunno, JB seems to work his ass off for what he has. It's not 1988 where you could live the rest of your life off a couple cheesy power ballads on heavy MTV rotation.

Anyway, cool demo--much appreciated

Amen, anyone with half a brain realizes the only way to make decent money playing guitar nowadays is to take control of your brand. But then again, SD doesn't strike me as a very cerebral guy.

I dunno, JB seems to work his ass off for what he has. It's not 1988 where you could live the rest of your life off a couple cheesy power ballads on heavy MTV rotation.

Anyway, cool demo--much appreciated
Something tells me that even if JB gambled all his money and possessions away in a dumb way, that he could throw a fund-raiser for help to get out a rough spot and recieve enough donation to live off comfortably, for the rest of his life without working a day/night.

Anyway, not dissing the guy, I have plenty of his products. Anything that I've tried, with his name on it, sounds great. As for the JB haters, Joe is much like Paul Reed, in the way that he knows how to Markey himself and his products but also loved connection and communication with his fans. I see alot of similarities and parallels between Paul Reed and JB even though one is a guitar builder and the other a player. They are kinda like Apple, in a good way.

Thanks for watching!

Agreed. It's sweat equity. I think maybe the only real advantage he had over other players is kinda like Johnny Lang, his dad/family got behind him, which can do big things when you are 12 and want to hit a blues jam. It ain't happening without the parents. Like Hollywood Fats, his pop was a doctor working all the time. They lived around LA and his mom took him to all the jams and clubs, which at the time were full of well known blues players so he got schooled with the best. Or Lucky Peterson, his dad James owned a blues club in Buffalo so Lucky was 4 or 5 getting to hit the stage with legends.

I do not believe the Bonamassas were rich people from the get go. Doesn't really matter anyways when it's someone else's story to tell. His. You bust your ass just to hear a bunch of forum guys who probably can't play at half your level shit all over you. Welcome to the music business.

Agreed. It's sweat equity. I think maybe the only real advantage he had over other players is kinda like Johnny Lang, his dad/family got behind him, which can do big things when you are 12 and want to hit a blues jam. It ain't happening without the parents.
Ha--great point I forgot about the Jonny Lang and even KWS comparisons. Difference is, Jonny Lang has put out 1 album in the past decade. JB has put out 2 dozen and tours nonstop while also doing plenty of independent media as well. And he runs those tours--books the venues, concessions, etc. Guy loves gear, just like I assume we all do. AND he puts up with just about everyone wanting him to play mostly covers lol.

Sorry not trying to swing from the guy's nutsack I've just got a ton of respect for the dude

Ha--great point I forgot about the Jonny Lang and even KWS comparisons. Difference is, Jonny Lang has put out 1 album in the past decade. JB has put out 2 dozen and tours nonstop while also doing plenty of independent media as well. And he runs those tours--books the venues, concessions, etc. Guy loves gear, just like I assume we all do. AND he puts up with just about everyone wanting him to play mostly covers lol.

Sorry not trying to swing from the guy's nutsack I've just got a ton of respect for the dude
No worries brother, it's just gear talk. Like I said, anyone who helps me put food on the table with a guitar has my support.

Kenny's pop was a concert promoter IIRC, so he had that going for him right off the bat. Johnny's dad moved them from Fargo to the cities so the kid could pursue his career. Might pay to mention he was able to employ Johnny's guitar teacher as his rhythm guitar player for the band right from the get go. A former Fargo guy that used to play bass with Johnny, Jeff Hayes, lives around here now. He's a good dude, tried to get the Austin blues society straightened out but it was too much a damn trainwreck Too bad cause he actually knew how to get stuff done and is a fine bassist. He walked and it's still a damn trainwreck. But that's every blues society really haha.

I think it was interesting....Johnny married one of those Disney Mickey Mouse club starlets and they both more or less bailed from the industry almost completely. I think they might have seen what can go on "behind the curtain" there. Johnny used to "hate christ" (his words) and became a christian. They got four or five kids I think. I have always loved the guy tbh. I saw him at Moondance in 97 I think. Dude annihilated every other band. Was on fire. Great singer and a solid guitarist. Helluva entertainer.

Just to clarify, I didn't mean he was lazy or had things handled to him. I just meant, he's so well known in the industry that he gets approached by brands and companied without seeking anything at this point. JB is pretty much a name that any guitarist has heard of. Probably the "Hendrix" of our era. People both love and hate him but he's made his name alone a successful business where many try to do that and fail (I won't name anybody but plenty of well known, big name, phenomenal guitarists who people love, who put their name on a product and it just doesn't take off). The fact that Joe can accomplish this without trying is indeed, a compliment and testimony to his career and lifestyle.

Back