Joe Bonamassa Cradle Rock Pickups review is live!!!@

No worries brother, it's just gear talk. Like I said, anyone who helps me put food on the table with a guitar has my support.

Kenny's pop was a concert promoter IIRC, so he had that going for him right off the bat. Johnny's dad moved them from Fargo to the cities so the kid could pursue his career. Might pay to mention he was able to employ Johnny's guitar teacher as his rhythm guitar player for the band right from the get go. A former Fargo guy that used to play bass with Johnny, Jeff Hayes, lives around here now. He's a good dude, tried to get the Austin blues society straightened out but it was too much a damn trainwreck Too bad cause he actually knew how to get stuff done and is a fine bassist. He walked and it's still a damn trainwreck. But that's every blues society really haha.

I think it was interesting....Johnny married one of those Disney Mickey Mouse club starlets and they both more or less bailed from the industry almost completely. I think they might have seen what can go on "behind the curtain" there. Johnny used to "hate christ" (his words) and became a christian. They got four or five kids I think. I have always loved the guy tbh. I saw him at Moondance in 97 I think. Dude annihilated every other band. Was on fire. Great singer and a solid guitarist. Helluva entertainer.
Yup, I saw him twice his first 2 album tours. Great performer and pretty damn good voice. Hopefully he's happy somewhere with his kids and disney princess!

Just to clarify, I didn't mean he was lazy or had things handled to him. I just meant, he's so well known in the industry that he gets approached by brands and companied without seeking anything at this point.
No worries man. Chill conversation is chill. I'm just waiting for Joe to invite me on to perform on his blues cruise. Maybe he let me borrow one of his nice axes. Please pass him this message, lol. I think the guy deserves all the success, seems like a nice guy.
Yup, I saw him twice his first 2 album tours. Great performer and pretty damn good voice. Hopefully he's happy somewhere with his kids and disney princess!
One thing I realized watching a rig rundown the other day.....dude was using Bill Lawrence pickups in that f-hole tele of his. I have been exploring a little Lollar DB in the bridge of a LP copy thinking I was beating the other blues players to the punch on something new, haha. Guy has me beat by like 30 years.

No worries man. Chill conversation is chill. I'm just waiting for Joe to invite me on to perform on his blues cruise. Maybe he let me borrow one of his nice axes. Please pass him this message, lol. I think the guy deserves all the success, seems like a nice guy.

One thing I realized watching a rig rundown the other day.....dude was using Bill Lawrence pickups in that f-hole tele of his. I have been exploring a little Lollar DB in the bridge of a LP copy thinking I was beating the other blues players to the punch on something new, haha. Guy has me beat by like 30 years.
Thanks, and I'm glad I could do this review for you guys since this is literally the only demo/review on YouTube, it needed to be done lol

And agreed, I definitely consider it a good convo. If I started this thread on another forum, it would have went south real fast 😆

Thanks! I'm trying to talk less and play more in my videos, I find I'm always saying "I'll let you decide" but then I have a hard time not throwing my two cents in lol
BTW, I still think you should offer your two cents but do the talking at the end of the video and the playing first. Could even timestamp it "final thoughts" for when you chime in with your feelings. If I am serious about a piece of gear I def want to hear the reviewer give honest thoughts on it, but after I get to hear it. Just a suggestion.
And agreed, I definitely consider it a good convo. If I started this thread on another forum, it would have went south real fast
In the early 2000's a lot of dude were bagging on Clapton. I had so little exposure to anything resembling blues growing up that guys like him were a godsend in terms of radio listens. From the Cradle! This was the pre-internet days in the 90's where every book and CD was special order and big $$$ for a kid like me. Lotta lawn mowing. So I still got big respect for Eric. It also dawned on me one day....if you don't like someone's blues playing, get your butt out there and show them how it's done. You take that approach and all of a sudden there are a bunch of guys you realize are really good haha. I got respect for anyone trying to make it happen because it's such a hard business to make. One guy's success is my success, that's how I look at it.

And I def appreciate the blues conversations fellas. Something I wish rig-talk had a little more of.

BTW, I still think you should offer your two cents but do the talking at the end of the video and the playing first. Could even timestamp it "final thoughts" for when you chime in with your feelings. If I am serious about a piece of gear I def want to hear the reviewer give honest thoughts on it, but after I get to hear it. Just a suggestion.

In the early 2000's a lot of dude were bagging on Clapton. I had so little exposure to anything resembling blues growing up that guys like him were a godsend in terms of radio listens. From the Cradle! This was the pre-internet days in the 90's where every book and CD was special order and big $$$ for a kid like me. Lotta lawn mowing. So I still got big respect for Eric. It also dawned on me one day....if you don't like someone's blues playing, get your butt out there and show them how it's done. You take that approach and all of a sudden there are a bunch of guys you realize are really good haha. I got respect for anyone trying to make it happen because it's such a hard business to make. One guy's success is my success, that's how I look at it.

And I def appreciate the blues conversations fellas. Something I wish rig-talk had a little more of.
I really do like Kingfish, Josh Smith and Eric Gales in terms of modern blues, even more so than JB.

I prefer Clapton over Hendrix, even if Hendrix is more of that "household name".

I find myself digging the underdog blues players, but that's just me lol

Musicians have always had to find ways to make consistent money. Joe worked his ass off and even tho I much preferred the hungry, rock-based old Joe to the new big-band Joe I respect the hell out of him. Saw him back then too (for $30…opening for Peter Frampton), just 3-pc and he kicked ass and sounded killer.

And I’m a gear whore so I’d buy all that cool shit if I could. He worked to find most of that gear too.

I really do like Kingfish, Josh Smith and Eric Gales in terms of modern blues, even more so than JB.

I prefer Clapton over Hendrix, even if Hendrix is more of that "household name".

I find myself digging the underdog blues players, but that's just me lol
I love me some Kingfish man, that kid just keeps going more and more blues as he matures from kinda blues rock to mellowing a little with age like a good whiskey. Joe B seems to really love having Josh Smith on stage with him, a real smooth player in his own right.

Eric Gales! Have met and talked with him, a very cool dude. His older brother was Little Jimmy King, RIP. Was a great blues player. He had the voice, def worth checking out. Chris Cain is another great player outta the bay area I enjoy. Saron Crenshaw outta NJ or NYC or someplace like that can really lay it down. Jr. Mack is friend of his and used to occasionally sub for the Allman Bros, another very soulful dude. Many great players and I am definitely an underdawg sort of guy myself! I def prefer straight blues over blues-rock. I used to do many many Hendrix songs until I heard other guys doing them so I went back to go forward. There are a bunch of lesser known dudes in the DFW-Houston-Austin area that can really smoke a guitar....

And I’m a gear whore so I’d buy all that cool shit if I could. He worked to find most of that gear too.
I wouldn't mind having his signature high powered Tweed Twin, that's for sure! I would definitely give his sig higher end Epi V and 355 a close look. I'm on a budget so I am rocking the Edwards stuff myself, which seems to be a good combo of price, quality, and a decent factory setup. I feel like they have better factory electronics than most of the Epi's, and I have had a few of those as well. A 335 pro and a Sheraton, the Sherry being a pretty damn nice guitar except for the neck dive.

Did someone fart ? I thought i heard something ...
Goodbye von dipshit. Congrats to be first on my ignore list.
As for what folks think, dont know, dont care.

cheese.jpg

Back