Lichtlaerm Audio Prometheus amplifier

• Thread starter Deleted member 27494
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27494

Ever heard of Lichtlaerm Audio? It's a pedal brand from Berlin that make cool pedals. They focus mainly on metal but the pedals are actually very versatile. The owner of the brand Daniel is also a very nice person.

In case you're not aware, Lichtlaerm Audio is releasing an amplifier. It's name will be the Prometheus! This is going to be an awesome amp with great features and some unique features as well. Daniel from LA came over to my studio yesterday and we spent some time with the prototype. We also chatted a bit about the brand, the pedals and of course the amp. He's such a cool dude and it was a pleasure to have him over. I'll post the video below with the sound clips and interview. We talk about nerdy stuff and I hope you enjoy it!

The amp itself sound-wise is quite good and also versatile. The cleans are great and that channel can work well as a pedal platform, especially with the bright switch set to warm. However, you can even bypass the entire preamp and go straight into the power amp for using it with preamps and stuff. The cool thing is that the noise gate is still active if you want, so that's sweet! The drive channel sounds absolutely huge and it has a great and present cutting mid-range that doesn't get harsh, it just sounds very pleasing. With the cut control you can go from very thick, loose and sludgy to very tight and modern so I love that he added that control. There's a lot more to talk about and we do that in the interview.

Here's the vid:

And here's a beauty shot of the prototype:

small.jpg

Nice interview, thanks for sharing. I purchased a Key and the Gate direct from Daniel a couple years ago and he was awesome. I'm glad to see him getting into amps and building some unique features. It would have been helpful to ask about pricing and timeframes.

Nice interview, thanks for sharing. I purchased a Key and the Gate direct from Daniel a couple years ago and he was awesome. I'm glad to see him getting into amps and building some unique features. It would have been helpful to ask about pricing and timeframes.

I feel a little bit stupid for not asking. He did address the price in the comments but I guess emailing him directly will give you the best answers.

damn John...I thought you were from Canada eh? Duh....I was thinking damn that's a long fuckin drive....lol....These krauts know how to build quality stuff....lucky dog.....
I just stumbled upon this thread, because i was watching a new Prometheus Clip and saw that the OP got deleted. May i ask why?

I love the defeat switch on the front of the amp. It routes your input signal straight to the loop's return for bypassing the amp's preamp and using your own stuff.

Looks like he got deleted for some reason…. Assume he requested it from the admin. Not sure why….
Ya he made a video bitching about us . But I’m like dude you only post your videos to spam us your shit . He never even visited and commented on our posts . Don’t spam your videos here if your not apart of the community. Idk that’s how I feel

Ya he made a video bitching about us . But I’m like dude you only post your videos to spam us your shit . He never even visited and commented on our posts . Don’t spam your videos here if your not apart of the community. Idk that’s how I feel
He did? I missed it. Probably my fault for making that thread about the Facebook group he was working on. I like the guy…hope that is not the reason he left.

That is strange because I feel like he always got a lot of love and positive support here. I always liked his clips because he knew how to capture great tones and did some more obscure alt-rock 90's stuff that I am into.

I'll do Kyle's Job and post his latest Clip of the Amp. His clip actually made me interested. But i was standing on the Lichtlärm mailing list anyway:D

Hörman the Görman. :D

Back