Lichtlaerm Audio Prometheus amplifier

• Thread starter Deleted member 27494
  • Start date
I'll do Kyle's Job and post his latest Clip of the Amp. His clip actually made me interested. But i was standing on the Lichtlärm mailing list anyway:D

Hörman the Görman. :D

My guy 😎. Thanks for posting

The Prometheus is a cool amp. I saw someone mention it sounded like a good EVH. My assessment in the room is it sounds much more like a Diezel, while feeling like an Engl - I.e. very tight, compressed, easy to play, but this can also be dialed out if you want. Depending on how you have the amp dialed in, the notes can easily fly off the fretboard and have tight clanky palm mutes. BUT, it can also be dialed in to be a bit tubby, thicker in the low mids, and overall just larger sounding.

I really dig the amp, and it's one I'm sure I'll own at some point in the future. Is it a "game changer" in terms of tone? Not in my opinion, but no new amps ever are. They just seem to be variations and refinements on what's already out there, and I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

it definitely has some great features like midi functionality, built in gate that is excellent, switcheable loop and a cool feature I haven't seen before - a switch to defeat the preamp completely in order to use the power section for an external preamp.

Overall, very cool amp from a company that just seems to get everything right!

My guy 😎. Thanks for posting

The Prometheus is a cool amp. I saw someone mention it sounded like a good EVH. My assessment in the room is it sounds much more like a Diezel, while feeling like an Engl - I.e. very tight, compressed, easy to play, but this can also be dialed out if you want. Depending on how you have the amp dialed in, the notes can easily fly off the fretboard and have tight clanky palm mutes. BUT, it can also be dialed in to be a bit tubby, thicker in the low mids, and overall just larger sounding.

I really dig the amp, and it's one I'm sure I'll own at some point in the future. Is it a "game changer" in terms of tone? Not in my opinion, but no new amps ever are. They just seem to be variations and refinements on what's already out there, and I don't think there is anything wrong with that.

it definitely has some great features like midi functionality, built in gate that is excellent, switcheable loop and a cool feature I haven't seen before - a switch to defeat the preamp completely in order to use the power section for an external preamp.

Overall, very cool amp from a company that just seems to get everything right!
No problem. I liked the clip.
That was me. Sounded pretty similar to the EVH in the clip from "The Other John Browne", but with more quality to the tone.
Interesting amp.

They do, for sure. Much smoother than most celestions. Big low end response. Doesn't have the "hollowness" of most Eminence speakers. It's very well balanced
This is the thing that turns me away from eminence speakers. Some amps designed specifically around them sound good; but most amps are designed around using celestions and just seem off through eminence IMO.

No, he didn't. Him and I created that group together because of the HMAP facebook group. Had absolutely zero to do with this forum or anybody here. I've already made this clear in the original thread about the group, and with @JackBootedThug
Yeah, something happened over at the Heavy Metal Amp & Pedal facebook group that set him off.

:coffee:

Back