Maxwatt Custom Super-Hi 50 designed by Mike Fortin

Pseudo Drew Peterson":1i90fd81 said:
Cool. Always wanted a Cameron Aldrich. And I won’t have to suck Cameron’s dick to get one.

It’s a win win really.

Thanks paychodave!

lol. If not Cameron’s dick, I’m sure you will find someone’s dick to suck soon. :thumbsup:

Glad I was able to help you in your search... show us you’re not full of shit and step up and buy the amp in the link below ? :thumbsup:

https://reverb.com/item/17338588-maxwat ... hi-50-2018

psychodave":2zt7p3e1 said:
Pseudo Drew Peterson":2zt7p3e1 said:
Cool. Always wanted a Cameron Aldrich. And I won’t have to suck Cameron’s dick to get one.

It’s a win win really.

Thanks paychodave!

lol. If not Cameron’s dick, I’m sure you will find someone’s dick to suck soon. :thumbsup:

Glad I was able to help you in your search... show us you’re not full of shit and step up and buy the amp in the link below ? :thumbsup:

Since we have all established that sucking dick gets you a Cameron we can move on now.

Yes I am aware of the amp for sale. Unfortunately I bought 4 amps in the last couple of months and can’t afford another one right now.

Good news is if and when I want to get one there won’t be a problem in getting one. As opposed to getting a Cameron, where money doesn’t get you one only dick sucking is required.

Pseudo Drew Peterson":2k5ixt4g said:
psychodave":2k5ixt4g said:
Pseudo Drew Peterson":2k5ixt4g said:

It’s a win win really.

Thanks paychodave!

Since we have all established that sucking dick gets you a Cameron we can move on now.

Yes I am aware of the amp for sale. Unfortunately I bought 4 amps in the last couple of months and can’t afford another one right now.

Good news is if and when I want to get one there won’t be a problem in getting one. As opposed to getting a Cameron, where money doesn’t get you one only dick sucking is required.

Ok. Sorry you can’t afford it. Maybe when you make a lot more money you can buy it. :thumbsup:

I’m urgently waiting to read the next stupid post by you... don’t let me down :thumbsup:

This is what Maxwatt shows as their "custom shop" amps. They say they are all hand-built like this one. If photos of this Fortin Super Hi pop up and they're like the Meshuggah in terms of build quality, RT is gonna implode lol. But this looks pretty nice—typical Hiwatt quality I guess? I don't know much about Hiwatts.

screen_shot_2019_01_04_at_5_41_19_pm_by_haftelm_dcw8ldf-fullview.jpg

Jeez there sure isn’t a whole lot of stuff in that chassis tray for 3k+ lol....

I’d be willing to bet just the cost of all the components would probably not even hit 1000 dollars, the trannies probably being the priciest pieces.

Fitrocker33":t0lydzlc said:
Jeez there sure isn’t a whole lot of stuff in that chassis tray for 3k+ lol....

I’d be willing to bet just the cost of all the components would probably not even hit 1000 dollars, the trannies probably being the priciest pieces.

Well that's not the Super Hi. But yeah, I doubt it's anything super complicated. 98% confident it's a Cameron Aldrich preamp mated to a typical Hiwatt power section.

Doesnt this amp have a added 12ax7 for the extra stage that can be switched in and out, the cameron uses a plate fed tone stack for the 4th stage?

232cap":1tkttkxp said:
Doesnt this amp have a added 12ax7 for the extra stage that can be switched in and out, the cameron uses a plate fed tone stack for the 4th stage?

Hiwatts already have a plate fed tone stack and switching a single gain stage (half a tube) in and out is not very complicated, though usually where you see it is in a high gain Marshall topology where an extra gain stage was added in front for more gain. The Friedman HBE mode comes to mind immediately for production amps.

The Hiwatt design has two stages after the tone stack before the phase inverter so I am curious if this design stuck with that or is more conventional (like the Aldrich preamp into the tone stack with a standard phase inverter design). Not that a four gain stage plate fed tone stack is all that conventional for high gain, the Cameron and Cantrell mod Bogner did are the only two that come to mind.

FourT6and2":2ngtjoqe said:
DeathbyButterslax":2ngtjoqe said:
The more I read about this amp the more I want it, heard those Cattle Decapitation clips on instagram super brutal.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpXN-TTlL8_ ... ttofficial

Can you even buy them anymore? I got an email back in August 2018 about the first run, which was only 11 amps in total. Never heard anything after that.

No clue, I’m just eyeing up the one on reverb like everyone else :LOL: :LOL:

Hey guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Anyway, I’m the fellow in the IG clip that was posted earlier. At the time the clip was shot I had only had the amp in my possession for a little over a week, so during the past few months (and after doing a lot of throw and go’s on tour with little time to tweak it) I’ve had a chance to dial things in a little more to my liking. That said, it’s a great amp and definitely a lot of fun to play. The feel is very organic and it is just a raw, pissed machine that gives back exactly what you put into it.

TONEISTKRIEG":a0d8f0lk said:
Hey guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster. Anyway, I’m the fellow in the IG clip that was posted earlier. At the time the clip was shot I had only had the amp in my possession for a little over a week, so during the past few months (and after doing a lot of throw and go’s on tour with little time to tweak it) I’ve had a chance to dial things in a little more to my liking. That said, it’s a great amp and definitely a lot of fun to play. The feel is very organic and it is just a raw, pissed machine that gives back exactly what you put into it.

Welcome. Cool clip. Are you using any pedals out front?

My guess is that it schematically sits between a Roccaforte HG100 and and Aldrich. The Roccaforte stuff is heavilly Hiwatt based with done Marshall flavor.

TONEISTKRIEG":3nygevmd said:
Hey guys,

Welcome to RT! You guys tore up The Forge in Joliet, IL. Cool to be on Frank's farewell tour with Suffo. :rock:

psychodave":1zj8r529 said:
TONEISTKRIEG":1zj8r529 said:
Hey guys,

Welcome. Cool clip. Are you using any pedals out front?

Dave,

I have a wah, volume, tuner and EHX PitchFork with a DD5 in the loop. No boosts or overdrives are hitting the front end.

Beyond Black":2iefg0mx said:
TONEISTKRIEG":2iefg0mx said:
Hey guys,

Welcome to RT! You guys tore up The Forge in Joliet, IL. Cool to be on Frank's farewell tour with Suffo. :rock:

Thank you sir! Hadn’t played at The Forge for several years and was glad to see they seemed to have stepped up multiple aspects of the venue since our last visit. Was a great tour and an honor to be asked to be a part of Frank’s last hurrah.

Also, as a former Illinoisan, it was good to see a packed house!

Back