Metallica 72 Seasons A Year Later

It's crazy how metallica completely forgot how to write music at a certain point.

I don't think it's a stretch to say theres probably a dozen RTers, who, given the resources metallica has, could have come up with a way better album/songs/riffs/tones.
Agree…except singing like James. His vocals are the secret sauce.

Agree…except singing like James. His vocals are the secret sauce.

I guess i wasn't clear, I meant writing everything for metallica to play. You'd have to have james singing, obviously.

Their playing is fine with the normal protools/million takes/edits method, so I don't think it would matter either way.

It's the songwriting thats baffling - I seriously don't understand how the band who wrote "battery" comes up with this shit and thinks it sounds good?

It's crazy how metallica completely forgot how to write music at a certain point.

I don't think it's a stretch to say theres probably a dozen RTers, who, given the resources metallica has, could have come up with a way better album/songs/riffs/tones.
Ha, for a second I thought you would suggest AI.

Honestly. I haven't listened to an entire metallica album since AJFA. A couple years ago I was under the impression that I hadn't listened to the entire Master of Puppets album but after listening to it, it came back to me.

I like playing metallica songs from the first 4 albums. But I never really put them on to listen to them casually. I was a bigger fan of megadeth as a kid but there was a time that I couldn't listen to anything most of the thrash bands were doing (probably in the mid 90's).

Honestly. I haven't listened to an entire metallica album since AJFA. A couple years ago I was under the impression that I hadn't listened to the entire Master of Puppets album but after listening to it, it came back to me.

I like playing metallica songs from the first 4 albums. But I never really put them on to listen to them casually. I was a bigger fan of megadeth as a kid but there was a time that I couldn't listen to anything most of the thrash bands were doing (probably in the mid 90's).
I’m obsessed with Megadeth . The last few albums have as good as the old shit . Dystopia is just Perfect. Best album since countdown

A year later, hmmm, totally forgot about. I guess that makes it pretty unremarkable to me. Not meant to diss on them, just haven’t given it a thought until this thread.

Especially if they know the formula Metallica used to write their early stuff. I just wrote an entire new "Metallica" album using that method:

Now just gotta have JH sing over it.

Back