Morris UK68 Amplifier

harddriver

These clips really caught my ear, this amp seems to retain the 68 plexi bright raw crunchy attack of a plexi. I'm not sure what type of master volume setup Glen Morris is using here but it seems to retain alot of plexiness. Maybe the guy that made the videos can chime it here. I know he is a member. He always makes killer clips.

Last edited:
Can’t speak for the 68’ but I exclusively use Glen’s amps. He’s working on a UK 67’ as well I believe.

That clip is crazy good.

IMG_8204.jpeg

Thanks guys. I've been pretty excited about this amp. I'm a total nut for early EVH and DeMartini type of tones, and this amp definitely gets me the sounds I love to hear without needing to run too much volume.

In response to harddriver's comment regarding the master volume... wish I could elaborate on the technical part of why this amp works so well for me at low volume, but I'm not very knowledgeable in the realm of amp building; the technical explanations often end up being over my head. Whatever Glen Morris did though, he killed it with this amp for sure. A cranked up non master Marshall is my favourite sound in the world, but there is a price to be paid eventually. I told Glen that this is the amp that will save my hearing. When I first tried it, I was pretty knocked out by how good it sounded through my 2x12, with the volume set low enough for a small club gig.

(And just for clarification, the first two clips in the OP are ones I recorded last week. The third one posted in the OP is one that Glen Morris made a few months ago and is much more extensive in terms of going through the controls and such).

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I've been pretty excited about this amp. I'm a total nut for early EVH and DeMartini type of tones, and this amp definitely gets me to my happy place without needing to run too much volume.

In response to harddriver's comment regarding the master volume... wish I could elaborate on the technical part of why this amp works so well for me at low volume, but I'm not very savvy in the realm of amp building; the technical explanations often end up being over my head. Whatever Glen Morris did though, he killed it with this amp for sure. A cranked up non master Marshall is my favourite sound in the world, but there is a price to be paid eventually. I told Glen that this is the amp that will save my hearing. When I first tried it, I was pretty knocked out by how good it sounded through my 2x12, with the volume set low enough for a small club gig.
I concur about my UK 78’. Killer 800 tones without killing my ears. And his newest effects loop is outstanding.

Thanks guys. I've been pretty excited about this amp. I'm a total nut for early EVH and DeMartini type of tones, and this amp definitely gets me to my happy place without needing to run too much volume.

In response to harddriver's comment regarding the master volume... wish I could elaborate on the technical part of why this amp works so well for me at low volume, but I'm not very savvy in the realm of amp building; the technical explanations often end up being over my head. Whatever Glen Morris did though, he killed it with this amp for sure. A cranked up non master Marshall is my favourite sound in the world, but there is a price to be paid eventually. I told Glen that this is the amp that will save my hearing. When I first tried it, I was pretty knocked out by how good it sounded through my 2x12, with the volume set low enough for a small club gig.

(And just for clarification, the first two clips in the OP are ones I recorded last week. The third one posted in the OP is one that Glen Morris made a few months ago and is much more extensive in terms of going through the controls and such).
Great chops. Great tone. Thanks for the video!

Out of curiosity……What pickups are you using in your clips?

How is it for more classic rock, medium gain tones?
Works great for medium gain stuff too. For the clips, I had the 3 way gain switch and 3 way bright switch in the highest settings and then adjusted the gain and treble/presence knobs to get what I wanted to hear. There's definitely more versatility than what you hear in my clips. Glen's amps are super open and touch responsive, so when I want less gain, I'll usually just roll off the guitar's volume knob rather than mess with the amp's settings.

It sure sounds like Glen has improved on something with his designs because his 68 Brownout didn't seem to retain the crispness of the attack and raw/crunchy inherent to 68 69 Marshall but this UK68 does so his designs are definitely evolving.

The Brownout 68 sounds really good it's just the UK68 seems to grab my ear more. Another Littleguitars clip....:2thumbsup:

If I didn't have a stable of Marshalls that I love already this amp would be a contender for me personally.

SPECS UK'68 - $2499 USD

SINGLE CHANNEL

• 85 watts
  • Solid State rectification
  • 4 x EL34 output tubes- 3 x 12AX7 preamp tubes
  • 3 way bright switch
  • 3 way Gain switch
  • buffered effects loop w/bypass & variable return level control
  • 4/8/16 output impedance
  • Dimensions: (H) 10″ x (W) 26″ x (D) 11″
  • Weight approx. 40 lbs.

https://www.morrisamps.com/products.html

I see he offers an effects loop so I am going to go out on a limb and speculate he must be using some type of Pre PI JCM800 master to get the loop to function properly. Either way both Glens and Littleguitar's clips sound outstanding. These amps should go head to head with the Friedman and Suhr Plexi models for sure and alot of guys really want their loops and neither the Suhr or the Friedman plexi has that since they are using a PPIMV.

Last edited:
Back