Morris UK68 Amplifier

Dam. The clips in this thread just sound incredible. So glassy and clear, but still juicy with no harshness or ear fatigue up top. If you thought you needed it, I bet these tones take a subtle boost like you can’t believe. I’m imagining my one knob TC Spark Mini in front of any of these clips. Wow.

I would love to check one out but I have to get real about that kind of money when I have more than 1 amp already that is my “Plexi/800 tones”.

Dam. The clips in this thread just sound incredible. So glassy and clear, but still juicy with no harshness or ear fatigue up top. If you thought you needed it, I bet these tones take a subtle boost like you can’t believe. I’m imagining my one knob TC Spark Mini in front of any of these clips. Wow.
Unrelated but how do you find that boost in terms of enhancing. Does it thicken the tone? To me it sounds like one of the few that more or less keeps the tone of the amp without making it too big and losing the tight low end. Am I hearing that correctly? It's on my list of to try

Unrelated but how do you find that boost in terms of enhancing. Does it thicken the tone? To me it sounds like one of the few that more or less keeps the tone of the amp without making it too big and losing the tight low end. Am I hearing that correctly? It's on my list of to try
To my ears, the TC Spark Mini is the most ‘transparent’ boost I’ve ever tried. Some folks want/need a bit of tightening up if they have a core tone that is a bit tubby on the low end and boosts that lop a lil off the bottom are great for that. Or if the amp sound is pretty scooped, a boost that pushes more midrange like a TS can fill out your leads. But If you have an amp that gives you ‘the’ tone and you just want a touch more sustain and volume for leads without altering the sound, the Spark Mini does that in spades.

I’ve got the Spark Mini on my small (rehearsal) board and the full size 4-knob Spark on my main board. But I find I dial the 4-knob unit in to be as transparent as possible - I honestly could save some real estate on the main board by swapping a Spark Mini on there.

The clips support the theory that this UK68 does not suck...........................:dunno::LOL:

Dammit. I thought I was all done with GAS.
(Must resist Must resist)
If you think you might dig that UK68, just a heads up that Glen is coming out with a 50 watt version (UK 67) that sounds pretty stunning and would probably run you a little bit less than the UK68. I was at his shop yesterday, and he had just finished the final tweaks on it.

And in case the photo someone posted earlier created some confusion, the photo below is of a recently completed Morris British Jr. Plus and is more representative of the work that Glen does.

IMG_Morris.jpg

Back