MXR Carbon Copy in the Effects Loop?

I had the same problem running the CC in the loop of my 5150III. there was nothing wrong with the amp. I think all delay pedals are different for the loop. the CC works best infront of the amp.

CC was a complete mess in front of my amp with gain! Works incredibly well in the loop of my VHT! The Egnater loop is too hot. You are almost forced to use 'good' quality multi units or rack with the Egnater. BEST I have found is the TC Nova Delay in the loop of the Egnater. But, I am realizing I like chorus and flange in the loop....phaser up front. So, I decided if I am going to go 100%, I might get another Damage Control Glass Nexus which is the best IMHO, warmest multi effects unit that competes with standalone pedals. Put this in the loop of my Egnater and all effects issues resolved. :)

Bionic Mark uses one in the loop all the time (also has a boost with it for solo's) and has great luck. For me it did not work so well in a Bogner Shiva efx loop so I sold it.

jharpersj":2nw9hzrx said:
Bionic Mark uses one in the loop all the time (also has a boost with it for solo's) and has great luck. For me it did not work so well in a Bogner Shiva efx loop so I sold it.

In his Mod 50? what boost pedal??? Is it line level?

veets987":1a3bieuw said:
Would throwing this thing in the loop solve the issue you think like the Ebtech would? Its a pretty snazzy little pedal. Clean looking and small.

http://www.jimdunlop.com/index.php?page=products/pip&id=265

That's not the same thing man. If you like the Egnater and the Carbon Copy enough...I would just get the LLS by Ebtech. It saved me man! I might hold onto mine because I might go back to using the CC with the Mod 50. I just love real analog delay. I almost bought a multi unit like the Damage Control Glass Nexus or the TC Nova but man I just love analog effects....just like a real tube amp - gotta have my analog chorus, flange, phaser and delay. :D

My CC sounds great in the loop of my Rebel 30. However.....when I put it in the loop of the Tweaker is sounds like someone
put a blanket over my amp/or turned the tone knob to zero when engaged.

I wonder why it would act so differently in these two amps? I tried a Hardwire Reverb pedal in both loops and it
doesn't do this :doh:

Maybe to CC is very sensitive to levels??? I would have suspected the levels in the loops of these amps would be similar.

Thoughts?

Well I know the Mod 50 has a hot loop but works well...plus you get the parallel/series option. The CC is line level...it likes a strong signal.

Finnster":1rpbh7fz said:
My CC sounds great in the loop of my Rebel 30. However.....when I put it in the loop of the Tweaker is sounds like someone

I wonder why it would act so differently in these two amps? I tried a Hardwire Reverb pedal in both loops and it

Maybe to CC is very sensitive to levels??? I would have suspected the levels in the loops of these amps would be similar.

Thoughts?

So im confused a little now. I thought the CC was instrument level and not line level?

Well i just ordered the Ebtech LLS-2 - Dual Channel Line Level Shifter. So am I going to plug this before or after my Carbon Copy in the loop? Or since it is dual channel will I but putting it before and after? :confused:

veets987":3pvekxyr said:
So im confused a little now. I thought the CC was instrument level and not line level?

Well i just ordered the Ebtech LLS-2 - Dual Channel Line Level Shifter. So am I going to plug this before or after my Carbon Copy in the loop? Or since it is dual channel will I but putting it before and after? :confused:

Let me know when you get it...I'll help. I asked Dunlop a few times and they assured it is line level. However...still not hot enough for the Egnater Mod 50 loop. Loop to LLS - LLS to CC - CC to LLS - LLs back to loop/head.

when you run the cc through the loop with all that cable, you may need a buffer being the cc is true bypass. A mi audio boost n buff solved that prob for me. I just added a dd7 past the cc and that buffer also helped my tone loss. That could be why it works in front of the amp, not the loop. This may apply if your pedals are all true bypass, or the cc is the only pedal your running

ramblin390":3r45vivx said:
when you run the cc through the loop with all that cable, you may need a buffer being the cc is true bypass. A mi audio boost n buff solved that prob for me. I just added a dd7 past the cc and that buffer also helped my tone loss. That could be why it works in front of the amp, not the loop. This may apply if your pedals are all true bypass, or the cc is the only pedal your running

Yea i thought about that. Since the Loop on the Rengade is buffered shouldnt that fix that issue though on its own??

Oh well I will try the line leveler and see what happens. If that doesnt work I will try a buffer. :doh:

Thanks for all the help guys!!!!!! :rock:

I thikn the Eggie loop is also buffered and has plenty of juice. I never had issues with signal running the CC but I also had a Boss Rever and now just a Boss BF-2 in the loop with the CC.

I like veet's idea... I have tried ALOT of different digital devices in the loops using the ebtech. So far, the only two I can honestly say have impressed me are the Lexicon MPX1 in parallel and G2 (with LLS) in serial... That being said, I think it has alot to do with the loop levels being dictated by the channel masters. I really want to use the mod50 at gigs with just a pedalboard. For anyone who is interested, I am going to try this http://shop.ebay.com/omnisonic/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340 with a CC or the like and then boost it back into the power amp. I'll let you know how my experiment fairs out.

The Glass Nexus may be the on my list if this doesn't work. But, lately, I just want to shut up and play and stop tweaking so much...

Chris R":12b3xoup said:
I like veet's idea... I have tried ALOT of different digital devices in the loops using the ebtech. So far, the only two I can honestly say have impressed me are the Lexicon MPX1 in parallel and G2 (with LLS) in serial... That being said, I think it has alot to do with the loop levels being dictated by the channel masters. I really want to use the mod50 at gigs with just a pedalboard. For anyone who is interested, I am going to try this http://shop.ebay.com/omnisonic/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340 with a CC or the like and then boost it back into the power amp. I'll let you know how my experiment fairs out.

The Glass Nexus may be the on my list if this doesn't work. But, lately, I just want to shut up and play and stop tweaking so much...

Do you think that thing would help? I thought the master volume is after the loop????

Either way, my CC worked great with the LLS!

The Glass Nexus is killer....but I prefer analog pedals. :)

To be honest, I'm not sure if it will work... But, like we all do, I am going to experiment with it. I am however, second guessing my own approach to using the channel masters. I think I will invest in a good boost/line driver as well. The part I am not sure of is which sound is pleasing my ears. driving the preamp or driving the power amp.

If what I am hearing is achieved by driving the preamp, then add a boost in front will do that and the channel masters should theoretically tame the signal out of the loop. If it is the other way, then the omnisonic should tame the loop and the boost drive the power amp. Does that make sense? I'm just thinking out loud, umm.. typing... :confused:

Finnster":1bheeeo5 said:

Thoughts?
I've got the same thing with my cc in the tweaker loop, though the boss dd-7 works fine in the loop, may contact egnater see what they say

I have a T-Rex Replica and I'm having the same issues with my loop. I had Bruce make me a padded cable but it still doesn't sound right. It looks like it's time for a W/D rig :rock:

ramblin390":245mv6k4 said:
Finnster":245mv6k4 said:

Thoughts?
I've got the same thing with my cc in the tweaker loop, though the boss dd-7 works fine in the loop, may contact egnater see what they say

I emailed Egnater and called them on the phone....never heard back. My 30-days were coming up so the Tweaker went back :(
I really liked that little amp...it just had that one little annoying issue. Let me know if anyone hears of this getting resolved....if it does I will probably
buy another....until then my Rebel 30 keeps me smiling.

Finnster":19mgxavi said:
ramblin390":19mgxavi said:
Finnster":19mgxavi said:

Thoughts?

I emailed Egnater and called them on the phone....never heard back. My 30-days were coming up so the Tweaker went back :(
I really liked that little amp...it just had that one little annoying issue. Let me know if anyone hears of this getting resolved....if it does I will probably
buy another....until then my Rebel 30 keeps me smiling.
I sent mine back too, smokin' amp-but has to get along with the cc

Back