NAD Friedman JEL

The V2 Taco I have is also killer. I’d say the JEL is more open with more gain. I’ve been playing the JEL all day off and on. Kinda can’t wait to plug back into the V2 to see. But the JEL has more options in tone that I like and I like having the presence knob. Wish he put them on all his 20 watters.
Holy crap, more gain? Damn, I might need one.....

We’re not talking way more, Just a tad more. The JEL channel is pretty close to the V2. The magic is boosting the Plexi channel. It’s sounds killer.
I will say this, the JEL has thr bright knob and XLR out. With my JJ Jr., I did recordings direct with that and sounded killer. My PT20 doesn't have that.

I can't believe what it costs!!
Yeah
& his 1x12

IMG_0517.png

Me and my buddy did a comparison yesterday to our liking the JEL was better. My V2 will be for sale.
In what ways? My main thing is to get a killer rock crunch from the JEL ch1 that is as good or better than my taco then a great solo tone on ch 2
I am using the Gain/Structure on the Taco in the middle and the gain just above noon. Can the JEL ch 1 get that tone? If better in what way?

I use either the SD-1 or Tumnus to boost. The V2 taco is the most open raw Freidman tone I have heard and I have owned pretty much every model. The description of the Jake as being 'open/raw' got my attention, Maybe Dave is listening that we want closer to a Marshal tone rather than such a compressed post processed tone :m17:

Back