NAD!!!

metalmaniac93

Well it finally arrived. Thanks Bryan!!! One hell of an amp!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: Still tweaking it and I only have V30s in my Bogner Cab and a Dr Z Cab with a V30 and a 70th Anniversary G12H30, but i like it much better with the Gain Style knob in the middle position and the edge switch to the right. Seams kind of flubby on the low end with the V30s. Way different than my Engl Savage!!! I am sure it will sound better with the Cameron 4X12 cab, which I am waiting for since I ordered it way back in August with the 2nd run CCV and Rob is supposed to ship the cab soon. I was having such a great time with this amp that 2 hours went by and I was still playing. Very rare by myself. Had to tweak the delay a bit and the loop is real good, but I prefer parallel loops like on the Bogner and Engl, since that is all I have had even with the VHT CL50 I used the parallel loop. I am using a Roland SDE 3000, which is a great delay unit. Maybe there is a better way to set this effects unit up. Still tweaking. Maybe I can go Wet/Dry in the near future.

rlord1974":174wx830 said:
Congrats! :rawk:

Thanks!!! This is one bad ass amp!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: It will be perfect once I get the correct speaker combo!!!! I thought I would prefer it more with the gaiin postion switch all the way up since I love high gain and I really like it better in the middle position!!!

Mailman1971":1dzsjftj said:
Congrats man!! :thumbsup:

If you can make it out to the ampfest...you MUST BRING THIS AMP! :D

Yes, I will do, if I can make it out. It should not be a problem getting out there since I do not have any definitive plans You will have some cabs there correct? What are the exact dates?

metalmaniac93":1efxet0r said:
Mailman1971":1efxet0r said:

Yes, I will do, if I can make it out. It should not be a problem getting out there since I do not have any definitive plans You will have some cabs there correct? What are the exact dates?
Its going to be on Saturday June 2nd. Yup...will have cabs. :thumbsup:
I am in Saginaw Michigan.

Mailman1971":2uc2dqp2 said:
metalmaniac93":2uc2dqp2 said:
Mailman1971":2uc2dqp2 said:

Its going to be on Saturday June 2nd. Yup...will have cabs. :thumbsup:
I am in Saginaw Michigan.

Thanks!!! I am originally from Dearborn Hgts. in the Detroit area. My parents still live there so I will probably stop by there on Friday and head to Saginaw on Saturday. Send me your address in a PM.

Thanks!!!

Zachman":2cwk2axm said:
Big Congrats!!

FYI, the amp gets WAY louder IF you have the loop "Off" :thumbsup:

Zach, thx!!! I know!!! I said screw it and ordered a Matrix GT1000FX to run W/D. I need my delay for leads; I feel naked without it!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

metalmaniac93":2bebj0ba said:
Zachman":2bebj0ba said:
Big Congrats!!

FYI, the amp gets WAY louder IF you have the loop "Off" :thumbsup:

Zach, thx!!! I know!!! I said screw it and ordered a Matrix GT1000FX to run W/D. I need my delay for leads; I feel naked without it!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

W/D is the way to go for sure!! :2thumbsup: :cheers:

Congratz on the amp. The clips I have of heard of this amp are definitely nice. Hope yours sounds as good!

And yeah, W/D is the way to go!

JackTripper":2lxgnt8f said:
Congratz on the amp. The clips I have of heard of this amp are definitely nice. Hope yours sounds as good!

Thanks!!! Yes W/D is the way to go. Once I have the 4x12 cab and the W/D set-up, this Atomica will sound even better!!! Just getting used to this since I have had the Bogner XTC 101B and Engl Savage for a long time. I would like to get a boost for solos and everyone recommends the Koko Boost!!! I have the Aldrich Rocket Fuel, but it does not seem like a clean boost.

Xotic makes some nice boosts too (e.g., EP, RC, AC, etc.), and you can usually find them used for good prices.....

metalmaniac93":22ovlv3e said:
JackTripper":22ovlv3e said:

Thanks!!! Yes W/D is the way to go. Once I have the 4x12 cab and the W/D set-up, this Atomica will sound even better!!! Just getting used to this since I have had the Bogner XTC 101B and Engl Savage for a long time. I would like to get a boost for solos and everyone recommends the Koko Boost!!! I have the Aldrich Rocket Fuel, but it does not seem like a clean boost.

You may not need a boost pedal per se. You can just program your G-Major so normally you're running -6dB, and when you want a boost, program the G-Major for 0dB. I find that boost pedals in front of this type of amp, set dirty-- usually just increase gain. IF you route the boost in the loop, you will get a volume boost, but as we discussed before-- the loop on makes the amp softer.

I have had the Atomica at my shop for the past week, and have been playing guitar/amp. Sounds GREAT! BUT... when I put it back in the rig w/ all the goodies, oh ya-- HUGE difference in the fun factor.

You should talk w/ Jerry Dyer re: his boost pedal.

Back