New 50 watt Bogner 3534 ?? Discussion is open.

Maybe so. I have the Pandora and that is better than any Ecstasy I have ever played/owned. That includes the 100A and B I had that Cultreri used on Vai's Alien Love Secrets. The Pandore Ecstasy is the one for me but I hope this is great.

Maybe so. I have the Pandora and that is better than any Ecstasy I have ever played/owned. That includes the 100A and B I had that Cultreri used on Vai's Alien Love Secrets. The Pandore Ecstasy is the one for me but I hope this is great.
I would think knowing Reinhold some of that stuff in the pandora voicing is probably in here like the more classic mode

I had the original 3534 and liked it but it seemed underpowered for the band I was in. So I got rid of it. Maybe if I had this one it would have stayed. I went back to the trusty old 101B and I love it. The loop WAS noisy on that original 3534 though so correcting that is good news for future owners. The other lesson I learned was never deal with the Guitar Guru network guy every again LOL.

Original 3534 sounded great, but my one complaint was it sounded a little small next to some full powered amps. This 50 watt version sounds like the ticket. Seems like a smart move on Bogners part to make a great amp even better.

So Bogner is allegedly going to release a 50 watt version of the 3534 in the same small format head size. Allegedly have fixed the loop issues that made mine unusable. States it’s less compressed too...

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Ecstasy50--bogner-ecstasy-3534-50-watt-tube-head
Hmmm if they get it right it will be a top contender in the small footprint amp category, 50 watts will spank.

Thoughts ??
Yeah for sure , it looks like he has addressed the main 2 complaints
Loop and too much gain and compression on the blue/red
The aesthetic is way better too IMO
It looks amazing although a plain black bronco shell would be my preferred headshell cover

Did they fix the noise? I waited over a year for one I had on order and returned it in 3 days due to the noise level on the red channel. One of my biggest gear related disappointments.

Did they fix the noise? I waited over a year for one I had on order and returned it in 3 days due to the noise level on the red channel. One of my biggest gear related disappointments.
Apparently yes they addresses the too much gain on red channel
And fx loop noise

I'm fond of my 3534, and I don't have a noisy loop (or it's just minimal and doesn't bother me). I do think the Red channel has a touch too much gain, but it's quite usable at noon and still gets pretty heavy. If it had the "sag" that the 101b has it would be damn near perfect.

I'm fond of my 3534, and I don't have a noisy loop (or it's just minimal and doesn't bother me). I do think the Red channel has a touch too much gain, but it's quite usable at noon and still gets pretty heavy. If it had the "sag" that the 101b has it would be damn near perfect.

Agreed the 101B has a unique feel and the best blue channel of the bunch
I the the 20th is probably the best clean and Red channels though
If they tweaked just the blue channel to have that feel of the 101 but keep the 20th Red and Clean it would slay
But I think the problem is
The blue and Red share the same preamp
To get the squish you need to lower the voltage likely but what they are describing here it sound like they are reducing compression and sag and increasing the voltage in the pre and power section which is more the 20th voicing

Reading the reports of this on TGP, seems like an improvement on an already cool amp. Bet I'd like it.

There's some playing in there somewhere:

I've had mine now for a week. I borrowed the 35 watt version last year and didn't like it.
This amp has exactly what I wanted. The blue channel has more of that classic XTC tone and the red is like the 20th.
The boost on it is super useable and is tuned amazingly well.
The loop is dead quiet. I'm running an Eventide H90 in 4CM with it.

I love the footswitch size but hate the wiring setup. But, I've made it work as I hard wired the two ends into my pedal board with TRS locking jacks and then I plug a couple of TRS out from the board and into the amp. Basically an extension of the footswtich. All works perfectly.

Very, very happy with the tone from this amp. The bonus is at 30lbs and a smaller head shell, it is so easy to use in the smaller places and spaces we play and rehearse at. They really did their homework on the tone for this one.

Does anyone know if the transformers are different between the original and the new one? Preamp changes are one thing, but I doubt there is much difference between 35w EL34 and 50w EL34 if the iron is the same, assuming same speakers.

So Bogner is allegedly going to release a 50 watt version of the 3534 in the same small format head size. Allegedly have fixed the loop issues that made mine unusable. States it’s less compressed too...

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Ecstasy50--bogner-ecstasy-3534-50-watt-tube-head
Hmmm if they get it right it will be a top contender in the small footprint amp category, 50 watts will spank.

Thoughts ??
So, why would they still call it a 3534? Is it not a 5034 now? 🙄

I like how Sweetwater says "More On The Way" on a new product. As if they had some to begin with.. They have a lot of shady marketing practices.

Back